Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finger tapping section in Nananana | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Finger tapping section in Nananana

Maaan I must say, for a song I detested before I got it on RS I'm having an absolute blast playing Nanana. Struggling like hell with The Black Parade but I have Nanana all levelled up except for the finger tapping solo.

Does any have any tips for this bit? I can't seem to get a rhythm going on it and as soon as you have to shift your positioning I'm lost.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    This is my first time experimenting with tapping, but it feels very straight forward... practice and knowing finger placement seem key.

Just watch this guy (Thanks toymachinesh for originally linking the video)

The video description even supports this
    I didn't really care or to know how to tap before playing this so there you go
    Skip to 2:18 for the tapping action.
    Last edited by DreamAwake; 05-31-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Heh I noticed the tapping section myself.. the problem is though. The Game labels them as hammer ons and pull offs. Now obviously you can't but also there are a lot of techinques that are used in the game.. unison bends and whatnot.. that arn't really covered how to do them (no challenge.. etc etc). So I imagine alot of first time players are lost on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake3169 View Post
    Heh I noticed the tapping section myself.. the problem is though. The Game labels them as hammer ons and pull offs. Now obviously you can't but also there are a lot of techinques that are used in the game.. unison bends and whatnot.. that arn't really covered how to do them (no challenge.. etc etc). So I imagine alot of first time players are lost on this.
    There is a video that covers tapping in the game, but I just wish it went into more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by AAntichrisTT View Post
    I have Nanana all levelled up except for the finger tapping solo.
    dude I have the same problem lol. I have the whole song maxed out except for the finger tapping part -_- I do it and it sounds kool, but it isn't registering into the game. Maybe I'm not playing it right, but it still sounds alright. lol. I'll keep trying
    PSN: Rwarrior28
    Guitars: BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X, BC Rich Warlock Metal Master Tribal Fire, Squier Strat, Epiphone SG Special
    Basses: Musicman Stingray-5, Modulus Quantum 5
    Amp: Line 6 Spider IV 75, Danelectro Honeytone Mini-Amp

Banned
    One day at a time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rwarrior28 View Post
    dude I have the same problem lol. I have the whole song maxed out except for the finger tapping part -_- I do it and it sounds kool, but it isn't registering into the game. Maybe I'm not playing it right, but it still sounds alright. lol. I'll keep trying
    sums up my experience exactly

Most guitars won't send enough of a signal for RS to pick up your tapping. You have to REALLY bang the taps to get them to show up. One trick that seems to work is to go into the sound check and set your guitar volume knobs to about 5 before doing the sound check. Then turn them up when playing the song. This apparently fools RS into interpreting everything as "louder." You may try that.

elx was telling me you could probably play the higher notes on the B string if you were having trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Snake3169 View Post
    The Game labels them as hammer ons and pull offs.
    But that's what you do though to tappidy tap.
    Favourite bands are Black Veil Brides and Avenged Sevenfold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast