Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think they don't give a hoot about PC gamers | Forums

I think they don't give a hoot about PC gamers

GRFS looks like a really solid game. Something i would really like to play. Something different from the FPS games i always play..but it looks like they do not even give a hoot about PC gamers...no info, no beta, no demo...if that is the case i don't see GRFS lasting long on the PC...furthermore ppl buy a game for the multiplayer or not they would just DL it. I doubt i will buy it now due till to the fact that many ppl would not buy the game.

2 other 3rd person shooters i am considering now. Max payne 3 and Spec ops: the line.

Spec ops the line may not be as good as grfs, but it is definitely still a solid one from what i have seen. And they care more about PC gamers than ubisoft. Spec ops pc demo will be released on 12th of june. If its good, i will most probably get it over GRFS
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, this is not the case at all. PC gamers are just as important, the developers are busy with the console versions at the moment as these were released first, but we should be seeing some more PC information soon.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

"soon" do the devs tell you too say that? wheres the video and screens we were promised a month ago???? barr. pointless.
    http://www.media73.co.uk - film & video production Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by faithnotfear View Post
    GRFS looks like a really solid game. Something i would really like to play. Something different from the FPS games i always play..but it looks like they do not even give a hoot about PC gamers...no info, no beta, no demo...if that is the case i don't see GRFS lasting long on the PC...furthermore ppl buy a game for the multiplayer or not they would just DL it. I doubt i will buy it now due till to the fact that many ppl would not buy the game.

2 other 3rd person shooters i am considering now. Max payne 3 and Spec ops: the line.

Spec ops the line may not be as good as grfs, but it is definitely still a solid one from what i have seen. And they care more about PC gamers than ubisoft. Spec ops pc demo will be released on 12th of june. If its good, i will most probably get it over GRFS
    +1

To revive the GRFS PC community Ubi MUST release a demo or a beta
    like consoles got.

I'm also considering Max Payne 3 instead of GRFS.
    Max Payne 3 MP looks great so far and the PC community for this game will be large.
    Spec ops: the line MP doen't look good from what i've seen so far.

GRFS looks great. Why the PC promotion for GRFS is so badly ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0qCVevaqk
    Looks amazing.
    Last edited by TecISR; 05-31-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Plenty of ways to get press for the game. Streamers abound. I've been streaming GRO with limited success.

I think "soon" means: an exclusive PC DLC called "Soon", and it will be released on 06.15.

I hope the game will be well optimized, Conviciton wasnt...

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi, this is not the case at all. PC gamers are just as important, the developers are busy with the console versions at the moment as these were released first, but we should be seeing some more PC information soon.
    So Ubisoft is physically unable to communicate with more than one branch of their user base at once?

When should we expect the PC version gets equal attention as the console one? At release? 2 months after release? 6 months? Should we expect weekly Q&A's? Developer videos? "Pro Tips"? Launch trailers? If its a simple as being too busy with the console versions, that would mean we should see a change, right? Should we be waiting for that shift to occur?

Why is it so hard to answer the simple, most basic questions? I know you've put requests in, passed on our inquiries. Someone, for whatever reason, is clearly preventing the release of PC information. This can't possibly be as simple as being "too busy." I don't think its even as simple as not caring. The lack of any communication seems a lot more purposeful than that, its a conscious decision someone has made.

For the 5 years Ubi has been focusing purly on the console builds. Has Ubi been too busy that entire time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    i really hope so.. ubisoft even cancelled the dev of the pc version once..before reinstating it.. and now this? it just does not give pc gamers the confidence

Quote Originally Posted by faithnotfear View Post
    i really hope so.. ubisoft even cancelled the dev of the pc version once..before reinstating it.. and now this? it just does not give pc gamers the confidence
    yeah I think you are right. Lack of confidence is a major issue right now.

+1

Sorry, Mush, but we're just not getting the info or media we crave to justify being told that we're "just as important".
    It makes me feel terrible because I know you guys are just doing your job, but we can't help feeling left out, y'know?

Regards,
    Nexo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast