Respect, I just changed the focus of the thread away from my video. I've been searching for multiplayer info all day. I'm so pumped that there is multiplayer, and I was worried that there wouldn't be in AC3.
Like I said in a previous post I am very interested in the Ubisoft Workshop edition but so far there haven't been any multiplayer characters announced for it. Key words being so far. Otherwise I love the encyclopedia offered in that edition and I'd love info on all of the multiplayer characters... oh here is a link to the edition: http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassi...kshop-edition/ Maybe I'll just have to get multiple editions and send a copy of the game to a friend.
I wished that there was an early option to purchase these character codes that are outside of our regions...
I wonder how the social stealth is going to be implemented AC3 multiplayer.
I mean if we're going to have maps that are out in the wilderness or partial wilderness, crowds will be either few or non existent, as will the duplicate personas.
Maybe all the multiplayer maps will be in 'city' areas, maybe it will be a mix of both, or maybe the idea of social stealth will simply be non-existent in AC3. So far in the gameplay trailers, there has been no hint at blending in with the crowd or anything like that.
I saw social stealth in post-conference gameplay. Just a hint of it. The look of it is different and the "blend" effect is more subtle. There are also haybales. (and moving ones at that) Hopefully some of this will be in the multiplayer.
I'm incredibly exciting for the use of environment, something that I've been wanting since Brotherhood (and mentioned in my vid). I knew that it wasn't very possible in the last engine so I held up my hopes. So maybe you can use stealth in the shadows, in the rain, in the snow etc.,
Glad to see that confirmed.
Moving haybales in MP would be hilarious. Corner kills in MP would be awesome, but I'm worried it would give people another reason to stick to the rooftops.
New blurb from a press release
"INTENSE MULTIPLAYER — The acclaimed multiplayer system returns with a host of refinements, including all-new characters, maps and modes designed to deliver the most compelling Assassins multiplayer experience yet."
Some notes from this footage.
- Still a point based, kill quality-based multiplayer.
- New map, "Northwest Passage." Looks like a snow map with NPCs everywhere.
- Definitely Reverse Detection Meter like ACR, but possibly faster.
- Targeting looks smoother.
- King of the Hill mode "Domination" looks great! If you control a zone, you can kill. If you don't, you can stun. The more zones that you control - the closer you get to winning.
- HUGE CHANGES to the controls - There is a THIRD ability slot, activated by Y on the Xbox360 and Triangle on the PS3. Stun and kill are now on the same Button! I didn't see taunting in the video.
- "...Over a dozen modes in the AC multiplayer." This could change... according to Hutchinson they're "trying to find a sweet spot."
- Still about hiding, line of site.
- "We have little interiors in single player, bringing that to the multiplayer." So there are new ways to get around, new places to hide like in the interiors of buildings.
- The map looks less vertical and more horizontal - may lead to less roofing
- Definitely improved graphics and animation.
- You still play as templars. Hutchinson said that there is a "new twist" to the story and that we will "discover the universe."
- This will give Brits a chance to play as their ancestors instead of killing them.
- I just noticed that the stun and kill prompts appear - but - later than in ACR!
Longer cooldowns for several abilities. Including smoke bomb. Loomer says 80 or 90 second cooldowns.
Poison Dart gives a 250 pt bonus (from the E3 thread / loomer's twitter) 100 second cooldown.
Characters' animations show them trying to stay warm etc., (source: loomer in the pictures thread)
Environments not a part of kills (source loomer)
Kill cam shows your pursuer's bonuses (source loomer)
Still under development and testing (obviously why Hutchinson was reluctant to make too many promises in the G4TV video)
Can anyone tell what the abilities etc., are at 4:59? in the G4TV video?
Anybody catch any character names not mentioned in the 1st post of this thread?
The guy who kills the other dude was using blender in a stationary group, it appears he was using invisibility, decoy and knives at the time; I also noticed he poison darts a guy at 2:37 but only gets 250 points for a poison. I still want to know if the team play is fixed or not?
Gamertag: NAX PRIME
XBOX CLAN: Those Random Pirates "Give Them Hope Then Take It Away"
It's too early to mention this as a concrete fact for AC3, since it could easily be a character for Liberation's Multiplayer once you connect to AC3, and not the other way around. It's more likely that it's a Liberation Multiplayer character by the fact that the article posted says that you "unlock Connor's tomahawk", instead of unlocking something of Aveline's.Unknown PS3 Bonus character for owning AC: Liberation on PSV
Last edited by Serrachio; 06-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper