Hey! So I made a video about AC3's multiplayer, based on the info that we had at the time. (Now at the bottom of this post.
No, this isn't an ACR gameplay thread though my video has gameplay from both ACB and ACR.
I was just wondering, what can we piece together about the multiplayer from the information that we know?
What do you think about the characters that we've seen? Are they Templars or Assassins?
- Answered - While there is a twist to the story involving a perhaps Assassin supporting character known as "Erudito" in the modern day, the Animi Avatar characters seem to be mainly Templars.
The story is about Abstergo Entertainment releasing the Animus on a commercial basis. It also will involve an evolving storyline with downloadable content.
Overall Info: (As of 10/30)
Still the same:
New Characters: (19 Total)
- Multiplayer Personas (Characters/Animi Avatars)
- Unlocks, ability sets., etc.,
- "Reverse" Detection Meter - same as ACR, different than ACB. Starts at Discreet. (however it is faster)
- Line of site determines the detection meter as usual.
- Crafting is back
- 4v4 competitive
- Social stealth and blending looks similar but the group's positioning seems less predictable.
- Still a point based, kill quality-based multiplayer.
- You can still stun.
- Animus Hacks
- Titles unlocked - for example, The Wrestler title was unlocked in footage on G4TV.
- Profile pictures.
- Monotone female "Animus computer" announcer. UPDATE: Now British!
- Whispers are the same
- Play now function looks similar to Revelations in the Demo
- Female characters
- Contested Kills
- Ground finishes! AHHHH. And they still take priority over kills. What?!? (As of demo, hopefully this will be fixed)
- Score limits will return
- No dedicated servers announced
- The Sharpshooter (Exclusive)
- The Redcoat (female Redcoat?) (Exclusive)
- The Commander (Sword Wielding)
- The Pioneer (Blond Woman)
- The Carpenter (Hammer wielding character)
- The Nightstalker (Lanky looking guy with a hat and mask)
- The Lady Maverick (Furs, reminiscent of Dama Rossa)
- The Blackbird Male Native American Character w/Axe
- "The Independant" Native American Character, Female
- The Mountebank (Male American character with a hat and a *****er Knife)
- The Hessian
- The Bear
- The Soldier
- The Huntsman (Uses a claw)
- The Witch Doctor (Exclusive through AC3: Liberation)
- The Preacher
- The Thief
- The Scoundrel (Unlocked through Wolfpack) (Thanks Mr. Smith)
- (One more?)
Confirmed Abilities (14 non-ranged, 4 ranged accounted for)
- Improved Graphics / Animations - Loomer notes that the characters rub their hands etc., to keep warm in the Northwest Passage map.
- Some New Animations / Some Recycled from ACR (as of E3 demo) UPDATED
- No charge, TV, or mute.
- NPC kills don't cancel contracts! (from Loomer interview with Damien Kieken) Wow.
- STUNS RESET LOSS STREAKS! Great news. (Thanks Rainin)
- Darker Matchmaking Menus (Possibly just for the Demo) With a Glowing, Spinning 3D Abstergo Logo
- Animations show the personas "dueling" before the match
- Customization options are insane. Color change options, face editing options, and throwback masks that are tributes to past characters. (Thanks Hypobasis)
- New Ability Set Interface, More Visual, Hardly Any Text
- "We will do a matchmaking based on playing with friends." - Damien Kieken from Loomer Interview
- "[If people quit the game] ...in this case we will leave you in the same team... we will wait for more players to join... we will really try to keep you in the same team." (DK Loomer interview)
- Matchmaking will try to find games for teams of players before it makes them face each other. (DK Loomer Interview)
- Damien Kieken acknowledged the issues with 2 players searching for a game in AC:R and that they are going to try and fix that. (Loomer Interview)
- New Game Engine
- Missing a contract puts a cooldown on your button - you can't kill or stun... quite different.
- Sprinting Hides Your Compass!
- Faster detection meter
- Kill/Stun are the same button
- Dynamic Weather - Snowstorms! Fires!
- Natural Maps
- Map selection at the end of the game doesn't recycle the same map, and there is only one "change mode" option...
- Improved Smoke Bomb
- Third Active Ability Slot (Y or Triangle depending on your system) for RANGED ABILITIES
- Poison Dart Ability (Ranged)
- Disruption Ability (Ranged)
- Animus Shield Ability
- Glimmer Ability
- Unstoppable Perk
- Wipe Ability
- No need to hold A when you free run. Yeah it is pressure sensitive.
- You can adjust speed when free running with toggle.
- Taunt mapped to D-Pad.
- Kill/Stun Button is not O (PS3) or B (XBox) so you won't accidentally grasp walls or jump into hay bales when trying to stun.
- Social features etc., seem to have a more streamlined menu.
- Ranged abilities may or may not hit civilians... as of the E3 demo they don't but they are still working on it.
- Targeting looks smoother."...Over a dozen modes in the AC multiplayer." This could change... according to Hutchinson they're "trying to find a sweet spot."
- "We have little interiors in single player, bringing that to the multiplayer." So there are new ways to get around, new places to hide like in the interiors of buildings.
- "Funkier weapons" (thanks Loomer)
- Faster blending. Blend animations took effect quick in the demo. (Thanks Zahtix)
- XP, Accolades, and Abstergo Points
- "Player Focus Flow" - Shows cool animations featuring the personas used and related to Accolades won - looks cool.
- Pre-game animations that show the personas that will fight - you can taunt during these
- CLAN TAGS! YES!
- New types of chase breakers
- Advanced targeting where you can select a blend group and then pick out someone within the group using a toggle. (Thanks Official Podcast ppl Escoblades and Loomer)
- "Environmental kills" - you use tables, objects etc., and there are special animations for kills or stuns that take place near them.
- Ambush BONUS! Designed for ACB veterans according to Damien Kicken.
- New, more visual score gauge
- A meter tells you how long you have to get a multikill.
- Kill cam shows the abilities that your opponent used.
- Abstergo Story Quest system, Story quest system seems to unlock abilities, or something.
- Character ustomization is revamped... looks like there are more options, even seasonal options! Yikes!
- The story has something to do with the Animus being available to private citizens... possibly.
- Smoke is still being balanced... but it is being changed
- Smoke bomb makes a "wooosh" sound and has many powerful effects as in ACR. This might change.
- They are still tweaking the priority for ground finishes
- They're working on things to take care of boosters, if possible, and still appreciate video proof
- Abstergo ladder system with rankings based on player skill, as mentioned before, not sure how this is determined
- Periodic ladder resets
- Some new abilities are not coming back'
- Music and whispers are separated.
- Crafting is similar to ACR but the way that you unlock it is different.
- Poison Dart (250 pt bonus, 100 sec cooldown, short range)
- Money bomb - makes civilians gather everywhere... reveals pursuers or targets. Sounds interesting. Can create "NPC chase breakers", Shorter cooldown than firecrackers. (70 seconds)
- Disguise (60 sec cooldown)
- Tripwire Bomb
- Closure (Probably) (Thanks Trikky D)
- Smoke Bomb (80 sec cooldown)
- Throwing Knife (ranged) (70 sec cooldown)
- Decoy (Probably) (60 sec cooldown)
- (No longer hidden) Gun (Ranged. You can actually pull it out!) (90 second cooldown) (Look at 1:37 in this video)
- Firecrackers (improved, can be tossed)
- Glimmer - Near Invisibility, relative to movement (80 sec cooldown messes up screen and removes locks)
- Shield - Blocks Abilities, Can be crafted to take multiple hits, Protects against smoke. (Sounds like a stronger mute, 100 sec cooldown)
- Disruption Dart (60 sec cooldown, ranged, messes up screen and removes locks)
- Wipe Ability (70 second cooldown, thrown like smoke bomb etc., prevents ability use like mute)
Confirmed Kill Streaks
- Unstoppable (Speculated to be enhanced ambush and easy chase breaker combined)
- Kill Buffer
- Possibly Resilience
- 250 non silent kill streak
- 250 silent kill streak
- Scavenger loss streak - more points on ground finishes.
- Shadow approach - faster growing detection meter
- "Super morph / Mass morph" - kill streak - morphs 10-15 people!!!
(Note, 3 versions of each map! day, night, and weather)
Game Modes: (Clarified on 9/26 thanks to Escoblades)
- New map, "Northwest Passage." Shown at E3. Looks like a snow map with NPCs everywhere. (one version has a snowstorm, one has northern lights!)
- Boston Harbor (One Version Is On Fire)
- Northwest Passage
- New York Brewery
- Fort Wolcott
- Virginia Plantation
- Boston North End
- Animus Core (Can I get a HELL YEAH!) - Glitched Out
- "Domination" (King of the Hill-esque mode) If you control a zone, you can kill. If you don't, you can stun. The more zones that you control - the closer you get to winning. 10 minute rounds, map divided into two large zones like in Artifact Assault with small domination zones as well.
- Artifact Assault
- Simple Deathmatch
HUH? Co-Op mode announced, "Wolfpack."
- Playground (Update of Training Ground)
Looks like ACR's training ground much much more fun.
Why? Because enemies fight back.
We got some glimpses of the new characters through this mode.
As of now you can choose 9 characters.
Score advances you through waves of targets, but you have a limited amount of time to accomplish things.
The NPCs do fight back with abilities.
You get extra bonuses for "synchronizing" kills.
You get random objective kill objectives that can increase your score.
Sometimes a random running guy appears and you get a bonus score for killing him.
You can jump through sequences in kills if you get high scores.
Can be played in single player. In single player you have 2 targets.
The number of targets that you face scales based on the number of people playing against you.
There are different archetypes... like runners, ability-using targets, aggressive targets, etc.,
HYPOBASIS's 9/26 reddit info: http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscre...s_creed_3_ask/
My original speculation video (moved to the bottom of this post)
This isn't really a video that has to do with my friends and I so, I felt that it needed to be posted in a separate thread (From the vids of my friends and I goofing around/researching).
Last edited by Citizen War; 10-29-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: New Info
I disagree with your take on music. Jesper Kidd's tracks in AC2 and Brotherhood were really great. I did not care for the music in ACR nearly as much. (I liked Kidd's trackls in ACR but they aren't used in MP)Mostly because it was too stinking loud. It is totally distracting. I would rather hear ambient noises and a much lower music level. The music is unnecessarily intense too. I agree though if there is music, it should be on a separate track like it was in ACB.
I am a Happy Krispy Turret
The SP music in ACR is the best of the series however in the MP the music at the "Home screen" is so bad and annoying, i'd rather get shot in the face than listen to that music :')
I would actually prefer it if the game DIDN'T have whispers. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I feel that it is too much of a giveaway. I know some noobs that run if they hear whispers.
I think you are onto something about the whispers, I have read a lot on these forums about how people need to be stealthy, I think if the whispers went away, this could happen more. I know I would be more likely to be stealthy and go for better (silent/incog/focus) kills if my target isn't constantly listening for whispers. I had never even thought about that before, thanks for bringing it up.
I don't mind the music in Souk, Antioch and such, but it is just way too loud. If you go back to Brotherhood, you can hear more ambient noise. You can actually hear footsteps of players among other things. I find the music at times too intense. Not many games have MP music as loud and intense as ACR. In ACB there was the animus hum in the backround but it wasn't annoying like this stuff is.
I am a Happy Krispy Turret
So, no info about multiplayer in the main Ubisoft conference... OR WAIT:
(Thanks to Trikky D)
I'll try to keep info updated at the top of this thread.
I was planning on grabbing the Ubisoft workshop edition of the game... despite no multiplayer character codes being announced for it yet. Well, no bonus characters have been announced for any of the editions outside of the UK, Australia, and EU...
So you'll get a character when you link your PS Vita AC Liberation and ACIII: