Thread: Do The Supressors silence enough? | Forums

Do The Supressors silence enough?

I was just wondering, am I the only one who thinks that the supressors fail to reasonably silence most guns on this game. Of course on your end your going to hear a supressed shot fairly well. But to an enemy 30 to 100 yards away, it shouldn't sound the same to him. In fact depending on the distance and proximity, he shouldn't hear any thing but the bullet wizzing by. Its almost just as loud for most guns as if you didn't add one at all. I think the volume on supressed weapon fire should definately be lowered and adjust for enemies depending on there proximity. Since your demenishing power, you should at least gain true silent gun fire. Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by TRAJEKTURY; 05-30-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The suppressors silence the gunfire enough for me, I roll with one on every gun. Plus, you are not displayed on the mini-map. I've barely not used a suppressor in the retail game but I remember the beta there was a huge difference as I played without a suppressor for quite awhile as I thought you had to unlock mods as you leveled, I didn't realize right away that you could just buy whatever mods you wanted with those points you earned.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAJEKTURY View Post
    I was just wondering, am I the only one who thinks that the supressors fail to reasonably silence most guns on this game. Of course on your end your going to hear a supressed shot fairly well. But to an enemy 30 to 100 yards away, it shouldn't sound the same to him. In fact depending on the distance and proximity, he should hear any thing but the bullet wizzing by. Its almost just as loud for most guns as if you didn't add one at all. I think the volume on supressed weapon fire should definately be lowered and adjust for enemies depending on there proximity. Since your demenishing power, you should at least gain true silent gun fire. Anyone else agree?
    Dude a suppressor only suppresses not silence.........you need to do some research.
    They are perfect;y fine.

Xbox Live : Dog 0f War
    YouTube : Dog 0f War

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAJEKTURY View Post
    I was just wondering, am I the only one who thinks that the supressors fail to reasonably silence most guns on this game. Of course on your end your going to hear a supressed shot fairly well. But to an enemy 30 to 100 yards away, it shouldn't sound the same to him. In fact depending on the distance and proximity, he should hear any thing but the bullet wizzing by. Its almost just as loud for most guns as if you didn't add one at all. I think the volume on supressed weapon fire should definately be lowered and adjust for enemies depending on there proximity. Since your demenishing power, you should at least gain true silent gun fire. Anyone else agree?

The subject of your forum topic is asking 2 different things.

FIRST AND FOREMOST........a SUPRESSOR does not and is not meant to SILENCE. It's purpose is to suppress the sound of a bullet exiting the barrel. So that it DOESN'T sound like a weapon is being fired. It is not meant to quiet the sound, but to change it's sound. They were first called "hush puppies" when they were developed in Vietnam.

So no, they don't silence and they aren't meant to silence.

Point is, it's working as designed.

You are thinking of sub sonic ammunition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rs6Jj30TOk
    Looking for GR:FS team players on XBox. Gamer Tag: ProfSirEbral

Send me a message with "Ghost Recon" or "GR:FS" in it so I know what you want.

isnt this future soldier? Just saying if we can have grenades that detect peoples movements then surely weapons that are silent arent out of the question

Back to the original question I think they work fine as they are

The suppressor works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithMarine View Post
    Dude a suppressor only suppresses not silence.........you need to do some research.
    They are perfect;y fine.
    Why are you constantly trying to belittle people, " dude do your research". STFU!!!! The point I made is reasonable and not far fetched what so ever. Read the post again, think about it, then type your response. I realize it not gonna completely silence the weapon, I even pointed that out. Like I said in the posts, the sound should not be heard as well as the shooter is hearing , depending on the distance of the enemy. Thats common sense, if I'm wispering down the hall from someone, unless they're Superman or a canine they're not going to hear what I'm saying. You're telling me to do research on something that obvious are serious or being stupid on purpose? That's what I wanna know.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof.Ebral View Post
    You are thinking of sub sonic ammunition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rs6Jj30TOk
    This is actually a good illistration to my point. Yes the first set of rounds were fairly loud, the other two were increasingly more quiet. My point has to do w/ proximity. The devs at UBI know exactly what I'm talking about, even if some of you don't. Had they also had an exact same mic, down range at the target set to the exact same levels. The difference would have been exstreme. The further target was from the shooter. The less audible noise there would have been from the shooters rifle. The last set of rounds being fired may have not been audible down range (depending on the distance ) at all. This is what I mean, proximity, not taking the sound out all together, adjusting it according to proximity and make it more realistic.

I'm serious about this, its real subtle and most people probably haven't notice it yet. But next tim your snipe some on w/ a suppressed weapon from a distance, check out how little time passes be for you're tracked down.