Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100% does not guarantee trait in breeding? | Forums

100% does not guarantee trait in breeding?

Ok, I just bred a horse and I used breeding badges to get a 100% snowcap blanket and 100% socks, and the foal has neither, so what does 100% actually mean? I always get the modifications, and those say 100%, so I expect 100% to mean I'll actually get the trait. I'm really glad I didn't spend fb money to get more breeding badges, because apparently they do not work as indicated. This isn't a rare event either, of my last 3 foals, I've only gotten 1 out of 6 traits that I used breeding badges for. It's really starting to make me angry, especially because they now live to age 56 and there's apparently no way to get rid of them other than spending days raising them up to retirement.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hear, hear! I found the same thing, and it's extremely irritating!

I also agree that it ought to be possible to forever home them before retiring if you want to - my Saddlebreds now live to 71 and as you say, it's extremely tedious having to run them on for so long before I can get the space to try again!

Thanks for the input. I'll make sure the team sees your thoughts!

I'm confused about the 100% as well. I'm spending all of my breeding badges to make traits 100% and all of my horses come back brown or bay. I should had 100% buckskin, 100% zebra, and 100% snowcap, and NONE of those horses have those traits. What is the point of breeding badges if the traits don't show up anyway?

I don't know if this helps or not, but I have found that if you click on the traits you don't want before you click the ones you do, the picture of the foal then changes. For example:
    Picture of the foal is brown and you want black...
    -Click on the brown trait to change the percentage up a little, THEN click the black trait to raise the percentage to what you want.
    Same with markings. If you want particular markings...
    -Click to raise the percentage slightly for 'no markings', THEN click the markings you want to raise the percentage.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the picture of the foal when I go to breed is always the same color. If I click the traits I want straight away, I only get that same color as the picture. But if I click the ones I don't want before I select the ones I do, the foal changes and is born the way I want.

I have not tested this since the new 'patch'.

Thanks, Virturah, I'll try that out today!
    Hopefully the mods clear this up, soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Virturah View Post
    I don't know if this helps or not, but I have found that if you click on the traits you don't want before you click the ones you do, the picture of the foal then changes. For example:
    Picture of the foal is brown and you want black...
    -Click on the brown trait to change the percentage up a little, THEN click the black trait to raise the percentage to what you want.
    Same with markings. If you want particular markings...
    -Click to raise the percentage slightly for 'no markings', THEN click the markings you want to raise the percentage.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the picture of the foal when I go to breed is always the same color. If I click the traits I want straight away, I only get that same color as the picture. But if I click the ones I don't want before I select the ones I do, the foal changes and is born the way I want.

I have not tested this since the new 'patch'.
    Thanks for the advice. Anyone able to try this out yet? We'd love your feedback.

well this was happening to me to but I wondered why, and it occurred to me that maybe it had something to do with the modifications. So I tried not using them and my horses came out right. maybe that is your guy's problem also. I can use modifications now and get the horses I want so I thought it had been fixed but maybe not.

Okay, I've been breeding using the "click something you don't want then something you do" trick... but it's still not working. Also, I used two breeding badges to make the snowcap blanket 100%, but the "sneak peek" image in my stable doesn't show a blanket!! Why am I wasting badges if they don't guarantee the trait I want?

I used the trick that was mentioned and got my Zebra foal. It might have been a fluke though. I'm hoarding breeding badges and am going to try for a new horse tonight. I'll let you know if it works a second time.

Funny that the Mods haven't posted that they'll let the Devs know yet. They posted on every other complaint thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast