Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speakin' of Recon... | Forums

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

KYRAT SERIES 1 - The lowlands | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Hurk is back! | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Speakin' of Recon...

Hello bro's...

In hindsight of the catastrophe, which happened on May 25th...being on the first initial 'Big Multiplayer Weekend' release...

The Ghost Recon Server was down for countless hours, and as one friend of mine questioned...

What if the Farcry3 servers are going to take a nosedive, on the day of release...it could have 1000 times more impact.

Here's hoping that the team has taken this into account, considering that after the troubles that plagued Diablo 3 as an example, and maybe Farcry 3...something with that '3' number...lol

Hoping that the servers are up to snuff, and will be ready to take on the birrage of players joining the Farcry environment.

We wouldn't want anything to taint our world on the first day of release...

I know there's a given for minor snags...but, I'd like to know your thoughts on the matter.
    Last edited by mambonuts; 05-28-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    GT: mambonutz

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind...Give me a bullet and I'll change your life.

Map Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/slungusglornt
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It would a be a gunshot in the neck for farcry 3 if they will have the same problems, lets hope they can learn such lessons out of that games. But i think it will be alright

Put it this way if that happens then your product is a joke... And a bad one at that...

You certainly won't find that with most games trying to gain a multi-player community... Right off the bat your products in the bin or up for trade in

You know where you are? ... Your in the jungle baby...... Your gonna die.....

A good First-person Shooter should:

- have precise, manual controls - e.g. no auto-aim
    - put balance, challenge and fun above realism
    - be full of fast-paced real-time action
    - let cunning, intelligence and skill decide who wins (PvP)
    - have simple mechanics: easy to learn but difficult to master

Good day, bro.

I don't think this will happen. Even if it does, it won't affect me. I won't hit multiplayer 'till I'm done with the single player and map maker. And that will take a while. >=D

Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God!

Banned
    Well, good thing we have 40+ hours of single-player.

If it does happen, then blame Ubisoft for not releasing a public demo/beta and for going in a EA or Activision route. "You can only play the beta if you boost pre-orders for a certain game that we know that you will not like, or play."

GRFS had 600.000 players playing the game which is nearly 10 times the amount which is playing the retail.

and they still have the same issues with their servers. its like they are incompentent or just did not care cause they knew they will get our money cause we all thought it will get better.

i hope FC3 will not be a half finished game like GRFS is.

I won't be playing multiplayer 'till I've completed the Single Player, So the guns aren't ruined!

I'll be playing the SP story, as well...

I just think I'm going to jump online into the MP a little sooner than later.

I'm looking forward to cracking into the editor, and see what it has to offer.

GT: mambonutz

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind...Give me a bullet and I'll change your life.

Map Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/slungusglornt

Like most people who have been anticipating this game for years, single-player is my number one focus. Multiplayer is certainly nice and enjoyable, but I think most people's experience from the series is that they'll at least dive into single-player for a few hours before playing multiplayer.

Battlefield 3 and Bad Company 2 had these issues. Hell Battlefield 1943 severs were down for 24 hours on release. Its likely it will happen here, as almost all games that rely on servers seem to fail their projections for server load on release.

I do wonder though, are Ubisoft games Player To Player or server hosted? I know they rely on servers for something, but are they still P2P?

Maps (xbox): Freebooter, Reactor

Might see me here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast