Thread: Week 16 Challenge: "Unnatural Selection" Combo | Forums

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    On a scale of 1 -10 how would people rate the difficulty of this? After close to 90 minutes I'm still levelling up the 2nd section (chorus iirc - I really should 'rc', I've been looking at it for a while now! ).
    Is it such heavy going the whole way?

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member

95,702 (N/A), Division III

I just spent an hour or so with this one, and my top score was barely 60K. So if this is the beginner-friendly selection, then consider this my placeholder for a Div III score. I'll move up later if it turns out to be a fluke. But I looked, and I have to confess I don't even have "Song 2" fully leveled.

Edit: all that said, it's a good song, and a good choice for the challenge!

Maybe my last run; I find I just don't like this song all that well. This run was in a set, so no %/streak data.

It depends on how good you are at alternate picking (but hey, now the time to learn ). The song does slow down for a while in the middle though, and then picks back up after the solo. It's still a challenging song--it just doesn't have a ripping solo like in Mean B*tch.

Alt-picking's easy...it's just my kryptonite is solos on the high strings and low frets. For some reason I totally lose control of the neck of my guitar and have a heck of a time. I think me and Jenny O and Franz Ferdinand are going to have to spend a private weekend together to work out my issues.

Edit: tpyo

pick__pocket's Avatar Senior Member

121,007 (Division I)

placeholder for score
    Day 1: previously mastered. 5 runs to get up to113k (97%). Guess I need to work on groove this week
    Day 2: another typical day in RS office, accuracy goes up, score goes down! Caught lighting in a bottle once in the middle of the session at 121k. Had several 98% runs with 5k+ lower scores than this..
    Day 6: ok I officially give up. Spent several hours on this today an I can't best my day 2 score ( or even come close ). I am adding two pictures of my MM run and my best accuracy and note streak. I thought I might get it to 99% but no dice.

Division I - 124,986 (mastered)

I'm going to put myself in Div I though I'm probably in by my fingernails since I don't think I actually mastered any of the 'example' songs >.>. But I got a good run on this one (had spent some time leveling it a while back) and decided to do a video of it.

Anyway, here's my entry so far, and the video is below.

Edit: here's a screenshot with a better % and ns - the video will serve as my proof of score :P
    Edit 2: new screenshot with new score; got in the neighborhood of my old score a few times and bested it once. I think I may be able to get a couple K more if I can clean up the outro (the penultimate part, between the E and A) but that's it.

And my high score:

I'll leave the other screenshot here just for the note streak :P

And the video of the run of the 124K score:

Ample_Jar's Avatar Member

Div III 69,505

Week 16 - Unnatural Selection

First run through tonight (minus 9 previous plays) was 39,250, I nearly doubled my previous attempt. I'm thinking Div III based on where I have other songs in the game. We'll see....TBC

Edit: 'couple more plays and up to 44,513....good times....

Edit 2: Final score.

JTCoop's Avatar Senior Member

102,755 (91/167) Div-III

pretty sure it's not gonna get any better this week, so here's the photo proof -

Previous: 88,105 (88/115)
    70,297 (90/95)

Everything at 100%/Maxed except the solo. Can't seem to level the solo up. . .

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by kittendaddy2 Go to original post
    Anyway, here's my entry so far, and the video is below.
    kittendaddy breaks out the kitten t-shirt

Originally Posted by JTCoop Go to original post
    I've got to say this has been a least favorite for me partly because I have had all kinds of trouble trying to master it. No idea why - doesn't really strike me as a "hard" song. But, it's dam.n hard for me for some reason. Minicoop might be in for this one - he likes it.
    qft

Preach it, brutha!