Thread: Replay observations | Forums

Ok.. lost my entire character/game the other day and had to start all over again.

The actual installation, etc was ok.. and the xp1 was already installed. I just had to create a new character and start over. Ok...

So my KI *still* does not work... like others here are telling me. I never see any coordinates. Never. But the imager portion works ok.

Also.. when it came time to cross the patterned floor.. and pull up the cyan lights to light up the pattern... it wouldnt. lol Each time I punched the blue light.. the floor lights either went on or off.. but never changed to a cyan color like they were supposed to. Luckily.. I was able to find notes and I decided to cross the floor anyway. It worked! The path dropped open like it was supposed to anyway.

Back in the Gallery...? No music! None.. sound is ok in the rest of the game.. but I didn't hear that beautiful eerie song any longer.

Am I going to wipe everything out and reinstall everything just to get this stuff you ask? Yes you did.. I heard you! NO! LOL So far.. so good. I'm leaving well enough alone since I've finished the game again a 2nd time and am now ready to move onto the Xpack portion.

Lord help me.. I'm hooked.

Edit: Oh no! Forgot to mention the 'biggie'! At the end of the regular game... Yeesha give you the desert book and runs through a speech.. and makes it rain? She wont!! She pops out for about 2 seconds and says something in FRENCH?? Good grief.. this is worse than I thought. oy..

[This message was edited by sillyeagle on Mon March 29 2004 at 10:49 AM.]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ok.. lost my entire character/game the other day and had to start all over again.

The actual installation, etc was ok.. and the xp1 was already installed. I just had to create a new character and start over. Ok...

So my KI *still* does not work... like others here are telling me. I never see any coordinates. Never. But the imager portion works ok.

Also.. when it came time to cross the patterned floor.. and pull up the cyan lights to light up the pattern... it wouldnt. lol Each time I punched the blue light.. the floor lights either went on or off.. but never changed to a cyan color like they were supposed to. Luckily.. I was able to find notes and I decided to cross the floor anyway. It worked! The path dropped open like it was supposed to anyway.

Back in the Gallery...? No music! None.. sound is ok in the rest of the game.. but I didn't hear that beautiful eerie song any longer.

Am I going to wipe everything out and reinstall everything just to get this stuff you ask? Yes you did.. I heard you! NO! LOL So far.. so good. I'm leaving well enough alone since I've finished the game again a 2nd time and am now ready to move onto the Xpack portion.

Lord help me.. I'm hooked.

Edit: Oh no! Forgot to mention the 'biggie'! At the end of the regular game... Yeesha give you the desert book and runs through a speech.. and makes it rain? She wont!! She pops out for about 2 seconds and says something in FRENCH?? Good grief.. this is worse than I thought. oy..

[This message was edited by sillyeagle on Mon March 29 2004 at 10:49 AM.]

You've not set the imager up correctly at the end if you only get an incoherent Yeesha.

Luton UK. GMT. MO:UL KI #: 01945979 Cocoa Parties Unlimited!

As MrDeitch said, if you''re getting a garbled Yeesha message, you've put in the wrong symbols. The symbols are randomly generated for each character you create, so your old combination will no longer work.

Also, the KI only displays coordinates after the machine that deterines them has been calibrated. It's a bit like having a GPS device a few years before the GPS sattelites went up... you get a whole lot of nothing .

Fortunately, there is a way to "launch" your own "GPS sattelite" system . Yes, I'm being horrendously cryptic, I know.

----------
    Guild of Archivists,

Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
    Please note: I do not respond to Private Topics dealing with technical support or hint requests for the Myst series
    ----------
    Guild of Archivists,
    D'niPedia Writers Ring (DPWR.NET)
    Uru and Myst Forum Moderator / Community Assistant
    Do not PM me for tech support or hint requests for the Myst series

Thank you Alahmnat... and MrDeitch. I'm sure it's possible that I have the wrong 'combination' of floor symbols from the cave for the projector.. but then it wouldn't work at all.. no? But I will try again later

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Also.. when it came time to cross the patterned floor.. and pull up the cyan lights to light up the pattern... it wouldnt. lol Each time I punched the blue light.. the floor lights either went on or off.. but never changed to a cyan color like they were supposed to. Luckily.. I was able to find notes and I decided to cross the floor anyway. It worked! The path dropped open like it was supposed to anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I've noticed that the method of enabling the cyan patterns is different with XP1 installed. Now the principle is the same for the light as it is for the dark. *tries to be cryptic too* Maybe it was a bug they fixed?

No, if you have the wrong combination you get exactly what you described... a couple of seconds of yeesha talking in another language (D'ni) before she disappears. Get the code right and you'll be set.

Nevermind.

Will you vote for the next Golden KI? :happy:
    D'mala

Ok.. it's not the combination at the end. I've tried all the possibilites. There's only 4 of them. Her character seems to become corrupted with the xpack somehow. NOW she's doing the same thing after a complete fresh install and at the very beginning.

I've posted the whole mess in the Tech Help forum to see if anyone else has this problem.. and if anyone has a fix for it.