Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Up Whatever You Would Like! (Off Topic Only) | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Quote Originally Posted by Selurevad View Post
    Let's see. Ok, here goes. Any auto experts out there?

My wife and I want a new car...well, new for us, probably used with very low miles, I hate buying new and dropping that extra $5k or more on something for the priviledge of calling it new. We are both 40 so must be going through midlife crisis we both want a hot rod. She is partial to Mustangs. I like the Camaro. I like the Challenger too, but she hates those, so its been veto'd. I've yet to use my veto. We both know a hot rod which will be garaged at least a good 3 months of the year (not taking RWD out in the snow in Northern Idaho) is not the most economical decision. So we are also thinking about playing it smarter and get a compromise vehicle; fast, sporty and can de driven year round where we live. We are looking at Charger RT's with the AWD and Hemi. Also looking at Inifiniti G37's. Except for the Mustang, we have not actually gone, looked at, sit in, or driven any other vehicles yet.

Love to hear opinion of any owners of the above cars or auto experts.
    If you're not wedded to the muscle car genre, test drive one of the new Mini Coupes. The top end isn't really there (my convertible isn't good for much above 120 mph), but for the $, they're a lot of fun to drive. Sort of sucktastic in the snow, but I think anything along the lines you're looking at will be.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by deiussum1 View Post
    Anyone else on here a hunter? I just realized I need to put in my application for a deer tag here in ND by June 6. They are not issuing as many tags this year due to a couple of harsh winters. I think the pheasant hunting should be pretty good this year, though.
    I've gone deer hunting 3 times, got three bucks: near my hometown in central ND (north of Bismarck) in 1982, Near Williston ND in 1993 and in northern MN in 2006. Wasn't planning on going this fall, but now you got me thinking.... I need to bag at least one deer this decade!
    Love One Woman - Many Guitars!

Why not get a rally car instead of a hot rod, if you're in the snow half of the time the Subaru WRX, or STi might work for ya

I know I test drove one of those and decided I couldn't buy it because I would kill myself, they are just too fast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana View Post
    If you're not wedded to the muscle car genre, test drive one of the new Mini Coupes. The top end isn't really there (my convertible isn't good for much above 120 mph), but for the $, they're a lot of fun to drive. Sort of sucktastic in the snow, but I think anything along the lines you're looking at will be.
    Thanks Steel. Wife not fond of the Minis. I love 'em. I also like the look of that new Fiat too. Problem is if we don't go the midlife crisis route, whatever we get will replace my wife's daily driver. So it needs to be big enough for our growing tween son to be reasonably comfortable for longer drives.
    Track your Rocksmith progress at http://rsevolve.com!

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSauve View Post
    Why not get a rally car instead of a hot rod, if you're in the snow half of the time the Subaru WRX, or STi might work for ya

I know I test drove one of those and decided I couldn't buy it because I would kill myself, they are just too fast for me.
    The WRX has been on and off our list over the last 6 months while we've been hemming and hawing and trying to make a decision. What we really need to do if go check out more of these cars and drive them. Will probably help us decide and shorten our list.
    Track your Rocksmith progress at http://rsevolve.com!

Quote Originally Posted by majorerickson View Post
    I've gone deer hunting 3 times, got three bucks: near my hometown in central ND (north of Bismarck) in 1982, Near Williston ND in 1993 and in northern MN in 2006. Wasn't planning on going this fall, but now you got me thinking.... I need to bag at least one deer this decade!
    Nice! I've only recently gotten into hunting within the past 4 years. My dad didn't hunt, and I didn't have any friends that did, but now I have a brother-in-law that does so it gives me someone to get out in the field with.

Last year I was out pheasant hunting south of Bismarck (near Linton, ND) for a few days. A buddy knew someone who owned a 1.5mi x 1.5mi section of land that used to be an old vineyard. It had tons of pheasant on it and we spent a lot of time walking back and forth on that section of land.

For deer, I've gone out south of Medora in the Little Missouri National Grasslands. I got a pretty nice mule deer buck there a couple of years ago. Again, we did a lot of walking up and down the buttes there, but it's beautiful country and was a great time.
    XBL: Deiussum

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    I got home Wednesday night, and caught this guy sittin' on my Koi pond.

I hope he ain't got fish on the menu.

I hope he has this guy on the menu. He greeted me when I took the trash out Tuesday night.

Upon seeing the snake, I would have lost control of my bowels. I am NOT fond of the things.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    I got home Wednesday night, and caught this guy sittin' on my Koi pond.

I hope he ain't got fish on the menu.

I hope he has this guy on the menu. He greeted me when I took the trash out Tuesday night.

Cool looking hawk. Any idea what kind? My first thought was something like an immature Cooper's, but it's been a long time since I was up on my ornithology.

Not sure I would have enjoyed seeing that snake, though. That don't look like no Garter snake!
    XBL: Deiussum

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalPimp5lap View Post
    Waffles and pancakes!!

EDIT: So how about those new Linkin Park songs? Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery. The new album is going to be sooo awesome! Or does anyone not know who Linkin Park are too?
    I love LINKIN PARK, I just was to fond of the last album they had put out. I miss when they actually had more guitars in the mix. But I do love their style. I would not mind seeing some DLC from them!!!
    Guitar playing is both extremely easy for me and extremely difficult for me at the same time.

Kirk Hammett

I feel like this would be better served as a subforum.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast