Thread: Markings not showing up after breeding | Forums

Markings not showing up after breeding

Hello all; just wanted to point out something I've found that's a little frustrating.

I really like it when horses have markings, so during the breeding process, I made sure that my new foal had a 100% chance to have both socks and that little stripe thing on its nose. Now, I know the foal hasn't been born yet, but you can see a preview of them in a barn stall after breeding, which is what I normally do. Even though I made sure the critter had a 100% chance for both of those markings, it got neither--instead, it's a plain chestnut foal with a black mane and tail.

I don't know if I'm missing something here, or if maybe this isn't a bug, and those traits are just recessive or something or only show up after the four hour birthing time, but it's a tad annoying otherwise. It's about 11:40 am, 5/25/2012, and I'm sorry I don't have any screenshots of the foal in the breeding station with the 100%'s for the markings. I didn't realize at the time that I was going to have a problem.

https://www.facebook.com/HeatherWholey

Thank you in advanced for any help or knowledge you can provide!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by hmcarle View Post
    Hello all; just wanted to point out something I've found that's a little frustrating.

I really like it when horses have markings, so during the breeding process, I made sure that my new foal had a 100% chance to have both socks and that little stripe thing on its nose. Now, I know the foal hasn't been born yet, but you can see a preview of them in a barn stall after breeding, which is what I normally do. Even though I made sure the critter had a 100% chance for both of those markings, it got neither--instead, it's a plain chestnut foal with a black mane and tail.

I don't know if I'm missing something here, or if maybe this isn't a bug, and those traits are just recessive or something or only show up after the four hour birthing time, but it's a tad annoying otherwise. It's about 11:40 am, 5/25/2012, and I'm sorry I don't have any screenshots of the foal in the breeding station with the 100%'s for the markings. I didn't realize at the time that I was going to have a problem.

https://www.facebook.com/HeatherWholey

Thank you in advanced for any help or knowledge you can provide!
    Thank you for the report AND your Facebook info. I'll make sure it gets on today's report.

Thank you very much! As a slight update to this, the foal was born (a colt), and he still doesn't have any markings. I have a screen shot of him here:

I haven't done any training with him yet, although I accidentally pet him once while trying to select him. Other than that, he's had nothing done to him. However, I noticed something else kind of interesting:

See, in the above picture with his information, it shows that he's gifted 3, which was another 100% thing that I added to him. That went through just fine, even though the markings didn't. However, if you look at his age points, it says he's 0/40. Breeding this colt's mother leveled up my breeding mastery for saddlebred horses to 6, and I remember seeing it say "Your horses will now age to 44!" when the announcement popped up. I assumed it was just a text error and that it wouldn't be affecting my game in any way, so I let it go until I saw that this little guy can get all the way to age 40. I'd read somewhere on the forums that another player only had their horses at 30ish age points at breeding mastery 7, so this seems like a bit much.

Here's a picture of my breeding mastery level as proof:

Hopefully I'm not just missing something, but it seems like this little guy is having a ton of issues--although admittedly, I'd take the 40 age points in exchange for no markings.

6:32 pm, 5/25/2012, and my profile link is in the first post. Hope this helps!

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, but this screen pops up every time (literally) I've ever won second place in any tournament:

I get my action back afterword, so nothings really lost. It only works if I win first place, but never second. I thought I should mention it. Thank you!

EDITEDIT:

Goodness, I'm filling this up now. Sorry! I'd just noticed that my most recent breeding of a standardbred foal (markings DID go through =) ) had it capped out at ... 24 (I think, can't remember exactly) for age. For standardbred horses, I only have a breeding mastery of 2. It seems like the ages got a boost?
    Last edited by hmcarle; 05-26-2012 at 12:46 AM.