Thread: PC gamers > Profit | Forums

PC gamers > Profit

Recently all first person shooters are made for console and then ported to PC

They have also removed all mod tools to sell DLC

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE THIS FOR r6:Patriots!

I know this isnt Red Storm but I played Rogue Spear and gaming has went down hill since 1999.

I will not buy this game for PC unless it is made for PC

This means communities based on the ability to mod the game

A dev console and the ability to lean for starters

Thats a small fraction of what makes a good PC game and I cant promise I will buy it if you satisify the forementioned..

But you will have a significantly greater chance of having a game of the year if you add those basic PC features

I didn't pay 800 bucks for an XBOX
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by SPiZlE2003 View Post
    Recently all first person shooters are made for console and then ported to PC

They have also removed all mod tools to sell DLC

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE THIS FOR r6:Patriots!

I know this isnt Red Storm but I played Rogue Spear and gaming has went down hill since 1999.

I will not buy this game for PC unless it is made for PC

This means communities based on the ability to mod the game

A dev console and the ability to lean for starters

Thats a small fraction of what makes a good PC game and I cant promise I will buy it if you satisify the forementioned..

But you will have a significantly greater chance of having a game of the year if you add those basic PC features

I didn't pay 800 bucks for an XBOX
    The lead developer of Takedown understands that you get the best results in making a game when you design it with a PC in mind instead of the other way around. Its also well understood at this point that there is no middle ground either, either you make a game for a console or for the PC. When devs do the latter, you get games like Battlefield 3 instead of the half assed Bad Company games. You get games like the original Ghost Recon and Raven Shield instead of garbage like Vegas, Future Soldier and GRAW. Even though the console version of Raven Shield was dumbed down in itself with no planning phase, it was still a hell of a lot better than Vegas when it came to its gameplay, it still felt like a Rainbow Six game.

I think its simple to make a game for PC then dumb it down for console. I think they view that as doing more work than is necessary

It is way harder to make one for console then add to it taking full advantage of PC's functionality

Seems to be all about money... Make it once with less work and open up DLC for PC and get them buying at the frequency of console users

EDIT: Proper dedicated servers is very important as well

People notice this and i'm sure this is falling on deaf ears but I won't buy it

I liked raven shield although you could shoot people's heads before you saw them...
    still if a game has hardcore mod tools or is open and easy to mod such as rogue spear
    any number of mods can be made to make the game better

but after that no one wants to mod leaning into the game or features such as that
    that is on the devs
    Last edited by SPiZlE2003; 05-25-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Spartacus Legends Community Manager EvilPixieGrrr's Avatar
    I've passed your request along to the team.

To add: IMO they did it right with Raven Shield/Rainbow Six 3. They made RvS for PC, then took the assets for the maps and redesigned it for Xbox using the Splinter Cell engine. (same base as RvS iirc)

If you notice, RvS is still played today and R64/BA were played actively until they took down the original Xbox Live service.

As I am fond of saying, Rainbow Six 3/BA were designed specifically for the consoles as modified versions of the PC game. (Ravem Shield) Until Halo 2 released, they were the "must have" games on Xbox Live. R63 was #1 on the XBL activity list until BA came out, then that until Halo 2 released. That was also a time when Ubi innovated instead of drawing off other games to try to attract their audience by making a similar game. For example, Black Arrow was the first game to use the Xbox Live 3.0 features, and they worked quite well. (XBL 3.0 was clan support including having clan matches and clan member lists among other things)

Sorry, kinda got on a tangent at the end, but IMO it still supports seperate versions tailored for each platform.
    I have the fifth freedom... so watch out, here I come
    Originally registered July 17, 2002