Ghost Recon Online Producer, Theo Sanders wishes to share a message with you:
First off, I'd like to extend a huge "thank you!" to everyone who played in the most recent closed beta phase, ended last week. Throughout, we've been listening carefully and collecting a ton of great feedback about how to make Ghost Recon Online a better game.
While listening is great, I've also been incognito, this time on the European server with a recon named "squirk" experiencing things for myself. I had some really memorable games, but also a couple of frustrating ones (especially around team balance) that really helped illuminate the way forward. Next time around, I'll jump onto the North American beta server under a different handle.
It's clear we still have a bunch of work to do addressing balance issues (matchmaking, class, and weapon) and fixing some pesky bugs. But at the same time, I'm also extremely proud of what the dev team here has accomplished so far. More than for anything else, proud that Ghost Recon Online has succeeded to become a game with its own "personality" in a genre where an awful lot of products look alike.
The team here in Singapore is now focused on two big things: improving on what we've learned and also delivering some cool new features to keep Ghost Recon Online fresh. But, we're not ready to talk about the shiny new stuff just yet.
Finally, I want to share a bit about what's going to happen next. We're going to take a break from betas for a few weeks to focus 99% of our attention on making GRO better. The other 1% I'll spend at the pub trying to recover my "gamer self-esteem" after the beatings I took from CU, drop, and FcT players (that I can remember offhand at least) during the past few weeks. I can't wait to see how the Americans and Canadians stack up! Will I be in for an even rougher ride?
The game plan is that we'll start up another closed beta in mid-June, with the exact session dates coming in a later update.
Again, thanks. You all kick ***. Let's continue to make Ghost Recon Online an awesome game together.