Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genius Mappers Wanted for massive project: Introducing the "Deth Qube" series | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Exclamation Genius Mappers Wanted for massive project: Introducing the "Deth Qube" series

Hey fellow mappers, I am kicking off a project. Its not necessarily co-op, but close. I am calling the series of these maps "Deth Qube".

Dirtrevel, Sabotur, Maxpower and I have created some already. These will be uploaded on PSN: Deth_Qube

The intention is to make a bunch of these by different authors and host Deth Qube matches. There are kinda like little battle arenas. If you fall off the edge you die.

Try to stay within these boundaries:

-download template map from the 'Deth_Qube' account

-spawn buildings and points remain the same

-try to keep everything balanced for each team

-adjust TOD to your liking

-name it Deth Qube *******

The point is, simple small, fun with balanced gameplay.

If you made one and would like it uploaded to the Deth Qube account, send me a PM

-Kyle aka akilyoung
    Last edited by akilyoung; 08-10-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Update info
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Post deleted
    Last edited by akilyoung; 05-29-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Irrelevent info

Deth Qube maps so far and author:

-Trainwreck (Sabotur)
    -Dirt Revel (Dirt Revel)
    -Dirt Rev2 (Dirt Revel)
    -Mini Golf (akilyoung)
    -Skill Test (akilyoung)
    -Junkyard (akilyoung)
    -NWO (akilyoung)
    -unnamed qube by Maxpower (will be finished very soon)

This list will be edited as more are created.

If you create a bada$$ Deth Qube and want it published to the MMA account, email the files to me at mapmakersassociation@gmail.com and I will review it.

Thanks, Kyle
    Last edited by akilyoung; 06-08-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Just a quick update. I have seen a preview of Maxpower's Deth Qube and he revised the spawn bases. If these new bases turn out to be superior (which I am sure they will), I will base a new template off of his DQ and delete the old template. Just FYI.......So If your considering doing a Qube soon, hold off for now and see if we come up with a new template. Thanks------

Alright, Maxpower finshed his Qube and gameplay footage can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVXA_WiWr_0

Its called 'Defender', and plays superbly.

You may want ot hold off on DL'ing for a few days, I believe Maxpower is gonna revise the bases to deter campers. Other then that, you can get the feel of the gameflow in the vid

Quote Originally Posted by akilyoung View Post
    Alright, Maxpower finshed his Qube and gameplay footage can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVXA_WiWr_0

Its called 'Defender', and plays superbly.

You may want ot hold off on DL'ing for a few days, I believe Maxpower is gonna revise the bases to deter campers. Other then that, you can get the feel of the gameflow in the vid
    I just want to thank Max for taking the time to make this map - I figure he read my Interview on fcmaps.net and saw I loved the Defender game from many years ago - thank you Man you are an absolute star. Its possibly the best qube map out there at the minute - I made Qube Train Wreck but to be honest it was a bit rushed - I'd love to spend some proper time making another qube map.

Anyway - thanks again Max - I really appreciate heartfelt intentions - and thanks akil for adding so much enthusiasm and passion back into the game.

Sab, thank you very much for your kind words! I am gonna cop/paste this in a msg to Max incase he doesnt see this any time soon. I know he will appreciate this. We will keep this momentum up right into fc3 and the sky will be the limit!

2 other notes:

-I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the map we just looked at, I really like where its going, and the terrain will be great.

-The map you played with us the other night that me and Deez made was updated and reupload today. Lots of minor and semi-minor changes to improve gameplay and the feel. It was called "CDG_MMA:8up" I think youll like the final product, just delete the old version since it was slightly buggy. I managed to get the frames up on the bridge by carefully placed OCC blocks. The color palette has been changed to match the scenery too, that and alot more. (gotta love the testing phase....)

Banned
    I have read your post and found it very informative and useful for everyone and I would like to thankful to you for discussing this topic here and providing us such nice and useful information regarding to this topic. I really appreciate the effort of the members who make contribute in the forum and in this discussion. I have learn many things from here and now I have the knowledge of many things which I don't know before. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by memoonamike View Post
    I have read your post and found it very informative and useful for everyone and I would like to thankful to you for discussing this topic here and providing us such nice and useful information regarding to this topic. I really appreciate the effort of the members who make contribute in the forum and in this discussion. I have learn many things from here and now I have the knowledge of many things which I don't know before. Thanks again

Im not sure I understand what you mean? Can you please be specific? Your response reads like a cut and paste craigslist scam, no offense...

Heres a link to the Deth Qube video playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast