Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Far cry 3-predator mode? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far cry 3-predator mode?

i saw this trailer that had some kind of mutant runing towards you in the end of video and it looks like a predator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmqFe...7joaw_h5s2nkcw
    and in the insane edition it says predator pack witch has 4 predators does any no if im right or wrong i hope there is predator mode
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Already Discussed.

(Q) Will there be an official gametype, maybe similar to Predator mode?

(A) Predator was a great mode and we all enjoyed playing it, but ultimately it didn't fit within the gritty realism of Far cry 3.

As for The Predator Pack – Four exclusive rare predators and a multiplayer bow.
    I think the 4 predators are actually animals in the single player game - you get extra animals.

what was predator mode?

Quote Originally Posted by stolenbows View Post
    what was predator mode?
    Also wanted to know what it meant...
    "SINK YOUR TEETH IN... BEFORE IT DOES"

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    [note that this mode was on far cry instincts predator]
    "In addition to the classic multiplayer modes, Ubisoft has introduced a completely unique Predator gametype, that pits several co-op Mercenary players against a single Feral player. The predator will have the chance to take on multiple enemies. Also, for this special mode, the Feral Speed leap manoeuvre has been enhanced for multiplayer and some additional ambience has been added to the mode to put the Mercenary players in the position of feeling stalked for the whole duration of play."
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8895/F...or-Mode-Movie/

Also champ, Nice Sig

As dapper said the Predator character was a mutated person from experiments in Dr Krieger's lab.
    The Predator had feral vision and smell which allowed you to see them like a modern day heat source source / detector.

You could do huge jumps and your speed was greatly increased, plus you had the feral attack which is demonstrated above.

Players would have this appearance to a predator when moving which made them super easy to find on dark and really foggy maps.

The idea of the game was for the Mercs to power up a generator and for the Predator's to stop them.
    When powering up the generator the time ticks down and stops when you either move away from the area or are killed while powering up - There are also 2 generator lights that work when the generator is in action - this also alerts the predators.

Once a player is killed he / she waits out the remainder of the game and can scroll through other players view points in 3rd person perspective - However if a predator is killed it will re-spawn players and there is also a reinforcement station that takes a short length of time to activate - this will also re-spawn one player back to life.

A predator will instantly re-spawn once killed - there is also a weapon called the blow dart which will only work in predator mode for multiplayer - one direct hit will take the predator out.

The match ends if either all mercenaries are killed, the mercs power up the generator or the time runs out.

I think one of the most challenging things to do for many mappers, was create a map that worked well in this mode.

Considering that the Predator could jump higher, and run faster than the Mercs at all times...

The only one of my maps I ever felt worked well/balanced in this mode was 'Nocturnal Beast' which is why I called it that.

It seemed to compliment the map, and gameplay...as well as being a night map.

The Predators would be outside of the mountains, and jump into the map...this scared the heck out of you when one would drop down through the trees, as you heard the heartbeat increase...lol

Good times
    Last edited by mambonuts; 05-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    GT: mambonutz

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind...Give me a bullet and I'll change your life.

Map Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/slungusglornt

I always thought you made that map in a tribute to the Nocturnal Beast himself - SickSix6

Lurking in the darkness...

The Nocturnal Beast - Lock up your daughters and padlock the freezer.

LOL...Funny thing, we were just playing GRFS...and he had to take off for a 'nap'...

Guess a little bit too much of the Nocturnal Booze...

Hilarious sh*t Lamb...
    GT: mambonutz

Give me a minute and I'll change your mind...Give me a bullet and I'll change your life.

Map Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/slungusglornt

GRFS - You must have FC3 BETA code then, you lucky BAS@@RD (let me know if it's any good when it goes live)

As for the Nocturnal Beast - I told him about that sleeping in the day crap, no good for him.

He will end up either like this guy above - or this guy below - Not much hope really.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast