Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassins Creed III – Connor (Ratonhnhaké:ton) | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Assassins Creed III – Connor (Ratonhnhaké:ton)

Is anyone a little disappointed that Connor couldn't look more like one of these guys?:

I would really appreciate if Ubisoft's hooded protagonist blended (pun intended) with the history he was based upon rather than sticking out like a sore thumb and reducing the immersive nature of the simulation. The plot is centered around an actual event in history, so I think that our hero should be too, especially since Ubisoft's latest entry into the Assassin's Creed series takes such a revolutionary direction (pun intended). I mean, that really would be badass if the creative minds at Ubisoft fit history into their theoretical framework rather than attempting to pass their fictional plot off as historical.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

He would attract way too much attention dressed like that. Maybe Ubi can make a limited skin of one of those after you beaten the game or something.

I would say that is a ignorant view of native Americans. It would be very hard to do that in the Northeast through the woods. Also I think that he would stand out more if Connor dressed like those in the picture. Better to blend in wearing more normal gear instead of full Native American gear.

Would you happen to know what region these Natives are from?

"Well if you think of all the big stars, all the big sex icons like Brad Pitt, Colin Ferrell, David Beckham, Jack Black, they are all RIPPED!"-Allen Murphy

"To eat an egg, you must first crack it, of course"- Chris...The Personal Trainer

I like the style they used for Connor. Plus, if they did what you want, it would only help support the stereotypical view of Native Americans established by America.

I think ubi made connors look perfect. its assassiny but also makes sense. plus the idea is that he embraces the British part of himself

Yes, yes, yes, I know the majority of you are die-hard fans, and I should have known better than to bring this up. I'm not suggesting that Connor should simply be mo' like an injun. I'm merely suggesting that maybe Ubisoft should have expanded there zones and gone the extra mile to incorporate the Assassin's Creed tradition in a way that seamlessly blended with the rich history rooted in the American War for Independence, because you all know that after the Assassin's Creedgasm wears off, you'll be left starving for more. Where a fresh concept could've emerged, as exemplified by the picture I posted (note how a hooded protagonist could have been approached), Ubisoft has taken Assassin's Creed II and conformed it to this obscure vision of what would happen if you married Assassin's Creed lore with modern history, the American Revolution in this case.
    Last edited by Ongewasgone; 05-23-2012 at 06:16 AM.

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM
    This is a Comanche painter I believe and it is beautiful.

Comanche were plains people so they would not have worn the same style of clothing completely as the Mohawk.
    Comanche-

Mohawk

I can't tell you how completely accurate they are because much to my dismay finding images and real information is very difficult...

Why would it have to be stereotyped? Ezio wasn't half-Italian, he was full on Mario status. Tell me why, looking at that picture of badass Revolution-era tribal warrior dudes in hooded guise and everything, that they couldn't let history tell the story in a clever way instead of cheating and negating all possibilities with this:

LOOK AT ME! MY NAME IS CHIEF EZIO! I HAVE A TOMAHAWK! I'M A HALF-BREED ASSASSIN IN REVOLUTIONARY AMERICA! MY VILLAGE BURNED DOWN, SO THE EAGLE SPIRITS TAUGHT ME HOW DO DISGUISE MYSELF IN OUTLANDISH ATTIRE AND CLIMB TREES, BECAUSE MY PEOPLE HISTORICALLY SPENT TOO MUCH TIME CONQUERING NATURAL OBSTACLES LIKE MOUNTAINS, AND NOT ENOUGH TIME SAILING OVER TREETOPS LIKE TARZAN! AREN'T I AWESOME AND TOTALLY NOT INAPPROPRIATELY SIMILAR TO EZIO AND/OR ALTAIR AT ALL?
    Last edited by Ongewasgone; 05-23-2012 at 07:30 AM.

If he was your stereotypical native American Indian then perhaps he would dress more like that. But Connor is an Assassin, therefore he would be expected to wear the Assassins clobber

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast