Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Possible Splinter Cell 6 info in GRFS. | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Quote Originally Posted by hastings84 View Post

This absolutely blew me away - What a beautiful scene. I hope to see much more like this, in SC6. All steps of a mission, too - from insertion and infiltration, to exfiltration and extraction. What an epic moment.
    Mother****er!!

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I am LOVING this game right now. The environments are beautiful and the story is actually pretty good, despite naysayers. I don't get where people think the graphics are outdated, wtf? The Controls are pretty good, though the transition between third person to 1st could possibly use some work, but everything else is awesome. This is a very nice change of pace from 1st person shooters. Well worth $60 in my opinion. I only hope that Splinter Cell 6 is either as good or if not, even better than GRFS. This game is a strong indicator that SC6 will be very good.

Maybe I will go out of line here, but the only way I was able to play Future Soldier was by ignoring the franchise it came from. Future Soldier just fails to be Ghost Recon. The first titles were hardcore tactical intrusion into enemy territory were single bullet could have ended your life. Then in 2006 Ubisoft wanted to move series further with Advanced Warfighter, which still remained true to its legacy; easy to get killed, required planning, the need to throw a smoke just to safely cross the street! Now we have an ignorant Future Soldier, which have nothing of above mentioned as solidified core mechanic. All tactical parts are just an occasional inputs to spark nostalgia, while in between you still have CoD. And even with firefights you can’t feel a weapon! I don’t know why recent incarnations of Ubisoft top franchises are action-driven with disrespect to the legacy. In summary, if you remove Ghost Recon from the title and don’t raise your hopes too much, Future Soldier can be entertaining for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by C-sec View Post
    Maybe I will go out of line here, but the only way I was able to play Future Soldier was by ignoring the franchise it came from. Future Soldier just fails to be Ghost Recon. The first titles were hardcore tactical intrusion into enemy territory were single bullet could have ended your life. Then in 2006 Ubisoft wanted to move series further with Advanced Warfighter, which still remained true to its legacy; easy to get killed, required planning, the need to throw a smoke just to safely cross the street! Now we have an ignorant Future Soldier, which have nothing of above mentioned as solidified core mechanic. All tactical parts are just an occasional inputs to spark nostalgia, while in between you still have CoD. And even with firefights you can’t feel a weapon! I don’t know why recent incarnations of Ubisoft top franchises are action-driven with disrespect to the legacy. In summary, if you remove Ghost Recon from the title and don’t raise your hopes too much, Future Soldier can be entertaining for a few hours.
    Like Conviction and Blacklist will be. Ubisoft has moved from being a fantastic tactical-based game developer to a great action game developer. I think I blame Assassins Creed for that. It was definitely very actiony and the series sells by the boatload now....I bet that actually truly does have something with them wanting to get their other franchises selling that much. Sighhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBwUzHeRe1138 View Post
    Like Conviction and Blacklist will be. Ubisoft has moved from being a fantastic tactical-based game developer to a great action game developer. I think I blame Assassins Creed for that. It was definitely very actiony and the series sells by the boatload now....I bet that actually truly does have something with them wanting to get their other franchises selling that much. Sighhhh.
    I actually think it's because of this generation of consoles. It's not only Ubisoft doing this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre202 View Post
    I actually think it's because of this generation of consoles. It's not only Ubisoft doing this stuff.
    That's true but it also seems like Ubi's franchises are the ones that are most radically different...

What other franchises have done complete 180s...?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBwUzHeRe1138 View Post
    That's true but it also seems like Ubi's franchises are the ones that are most radically different...

What other franchises have done complete 180s...?
    Resident Evil.

Medal of Honor.

Castlevania.

Mortal Kombat.

Crysis.

Just to name a few

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Crysis such a beautiful and open game. Although I didn't like the end with the aliens. Just got to ridiculous for me. Crysis 2 is really a step back in my opinion. Of course you can still enjoy that game and the nanosuit functions are now better balanced but it lost that free approach aspect and the story had to suffer a lot too through that "evolution process" in my opinion. I don't think it will be any better with Crysis 3. After all it's only about these "aliens"... I thought playing with/against real human beings was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre202 View Post
    Crysis such a beautiful and open game. Although I didn't like the end with the aliens. Just got to ridiculous for me. Crysis 2 is really a step back in my opinion. Of course you can still enjoy that game and the nanosuit functions are now better balanced but it lost that free approach aspect and the story had to suffer a lot too through that "evolution process" in my opinion. I don't think it will be any better with Crysis 3. After all it's only about these "aliens"... I thought playing with/against real human beings was really fun.
    Funny but that's exactly the same feeling I got once AC turned into Pieces of Eden and SuperNatural Powers , I thought it was going to be a little more realistic than that.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    Funny but that's exactly the same feeling I got once AC turned into Pieces of Eden and SuperNatural Powers , I thought it was going to be a little more realistic than that.
    That's a point of interpretation in AC I think, maybe it's in Crysis too. To me it had more of the effect being something really mysterious and you need to find out for yourself what it actually means to you. The same goes for the famouse quote of the assassin's: Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Everyone has his own interpretations how these words are meant to be used and what they actually mean.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast