Thread: Am I just this bad? | Forums

Am I just this bad?

Is it purely just me or is the accuracy system in the multiplayer really poor quality? I'm not a usual third person shooter player so I don't know if its just because the shift in play style hasn't quite settled but it's like I'll fire off a full clip into someones stomach and then get a one shot punch to the chest and I die... I'd like to know wtf is happening...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ping, lag, could either, or both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Koqex View Post
    Is it purely just me or is the accuracy system in the multiplayer really poor quality? I'm not a usual third person shooter player so I don't know if its just because the shift in play style hasn't quite settled but it's like I'll fire off a full clip into someones stomach and then get a one shot punch to the chest and I die... I'd like to know wtf is happening...
    Depends what weapon you are using, have you upgraded it and how you play..

You need to use controlled bursts when using the engineer's 74u /goblin [for example] - if you spray - you loose, however some nice bursts and you can take down most opponents at medium range.

I suggest you upgrade it asap as well - putting a red dot on helps - as does under gas and stock

HWS optic increases CONTROL which in turn usually improves the accuracy of the player. Try to pick or spec out weapons with a high amount of conrol. Unfortunately, this game features random bullet deviation aka the devil so not all your shots are going to land on the target no matter what.
    "A single twig can break, but a bundle of twigs is strong"

Check out my YT channel for some great montages and gameplay from various titles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamdowney73/videos

Give it sometime. Try experimenting in the gunsmith to make a weapon that's accurate for you, and then test it out in the matches. You'll have to start judging if it's lag that's interfering with your aim, or if it's your aim/method of shooting. Plus it''s not hardcore so there is a degree of bullet absorbtion that a player can take. If they hit you in the head, youre more or less dead.

Btw in the beta the kill cams were rediculously inaccurate, showing scenarios that never happened in game. So if you're using that to see where you've been hit, it's not 100% reliable.

Might i ask what console are you on PS3 or Xbox360..

shoot off at a wall in the firing range and see how bad the spread is of the weapon also as mentioned could be a lag issue of sorts. and keep in mind riflemen have the chest armor so they are a tad tougher to kill without headshots.

I'm PS3, and I'm starting to get a hold of it and have been adding the slanted grip to allow for higher control to my weapons, but doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I'll continue to experiment and hopefully it is just a matter of gaining experience in TPS as opposed to FPS.

if you haven't noticed most guns have RECOIL! shoot accordingly