Week 15 Challenge: "Mean Bi.tch" (Combo)
The Week 15 Challenge is Taddy Porter "Mean Bi.tch" combo version.
Weekly Song Challenge Rules and Results
Rules1) A song and particular arrangement will be posted before Tuesday every week.
2) There are four competitive categories Beginner (0-70k), Intermediate (71k-90k), Advanced (91k->any yellow score, meaning the song has never been mastered), and Expert (any purple score in Non-Master Mode and/or Master Mode). There is also a separate "honorable mention" category that will identify the player with the highest accuracy percentage on a purple score. If there is a tie between players, the break will got to the player with the longest note streak.
3) Each participant is allowed to make a single entry in either the Beginner, Intermediate, or the Advanced categories. If the participant qualifies for the Expert category (i.e., a fully mastered song), he/she can enter scores in both Expert-NMM (Non-Master Mode) and Expert-MM (Master Mode).
4) Entries must be made by replying to the song thread with your score and difficulty in the title (this way we won't have to sift through post content). For example: 248,033 (Expert-MM).
5) Please only submit one score per song. If you play the song later in the week and do better, go to your original post and edit with the replacement score and pic. However, if you qualify for the Expert category you may submit a score in each division of Expert (Expert-NMM & Expert-MM)
6) To be entered in the competition you must submit a picture of the song results replay screen (showing score, percentage, and note streak)
7) All entries must be in before Monday, so by 11:59 Sunday night (based on EST Time Zone or UTC-5 internationally)
8) A separate thread showing the winners of each difficulty category will be posted by the previous week's winner, and the selection of the following week's song will be the responsibility of one of these winners.
9) We will rotate the responsibility of selecting the next song and arrangement each week starting with Beginner, Advanced, Expert-NMM then Expert-MM. Rinse and repeat. The winner of Expert Non-Master Mode will choose the song for next week's challenge.
10) In the event that the winner does not respond to a PM notification to start a new thread by Tuesday, the winner of the next category in the rotation will be notified to select an arrangement and start a thread.
Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by Steel_Nirvana; 05-21-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Cool. I enjoy playing that one. Thanks.
Oh I love Mean B!tch
Forget which one this is, is it the one with the solo at the end, or the one with the solo in the middle?
Also, are we saying it's xNMM that chooses this week, or Advanced?
I think this is the one with a couple of minor solos in the middle--it's the more difficult of the two combo arrangements (for me, anyway!). I think XNMM should choose--I'll go back and put that in the OP--since I think the consensus was we just skip a category if there were no entries.
You know the funny thing is the one with the harder solo (this one) is actually the easier one to master. The last solo is a mean b1tch since it's one block, so combo 2 and single note are a pain for that reason - the harder solo (the one in Combo) is a multi-block solo. So I actually think this is the best one to choose for a weekly challenge as we'll get more expert scores.
Fully leveled the solo using the approach I mentioned here.
Last edited by mbarsott; 05-26-2012 at 10:53 PM.
115,623 / 218,772 (Expert NMM/MM )
Excellent. This one has been on my to do list for weeks now.
Placeholder for score.
Currently at 85,969. Need to level up interlude and solo.
Update: levelled interlude, got solo to 97% => 100933
Update: levelled solo, mastered => 107k / 203k
update: added 5k to my nmm score ==> 112k, I'll give it one more session tomorrow to chase 118k.....
update: focused on strumming light and fast==> 115k Feel like I'm now hitting my natural limits.... Closer than usual though.
final: no improvement on nmm. MM ==> 218k
Last edited by pick__pocket; 05-28-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Reason: status update
I think this is one of the solos that kills me, but I'll give it a shot. Who knows.. maybe I'll make some progress on it.
Originally Posted by SeattleSauve
Yeah, it still isn't easy
Originally Posted by rchiav
Ouch, I've only played combo 2 before. Combo looks.... interesting.
Working on theinterlude on the 1st string. Can't get past about 90% speed without falling off. Gonna be fun.