Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft Launcher - Log in failed | Forums

Angry Ubisoft Launcher - Log in failed

"You need to log in online at least once before playing offline. If you have logged in on this computer before, check your username/password"

This is the message I recieve when trying to play Anno 2070. I am currently alternating back and forth between posting this and trying to log in using the ubisoft launcher, so I clearly have an internet connection. Before you ask me: Yes I am using the correct username and password.

I just purchased this game off of Steam about 2 hours ago. The download took about 30 minutes, and the last hour and a half has been going through the trials and tribulations of trying to get the launcher to install correctly, and go through creating a brand new ubisoft account, and THEN trying to launch the game. I have logged into my Uplay account and updated my information, so my password obviously works. I have gone so far as to reset my password twice, just in case I was having a PEBKAC error.

To summarize, my internet connection is fine, my Uplay account is fine, I have a legitimate copy of the game and a valid cd key, I have a machine that is fully capable of running the game, and it still doesn't work.

Can someone please provide me some sort of answer as to why this doesn't work? Call tech support is not an answer by the way.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by zanderisdumb View Post
    "You need to log in online at least once before playing offline. If you have logged in on this computer before, check your username/password"

This is the message I recieve when trying to play Anno 2070. I am currently alternating back and forth between posting this and trying to log in using the ubisoft launcher, so I clearly have an internet connection. Before you ask me: Yes I am using the correct username and password.

I just purchased this game off of Steam about 2 hours ago. The download took about 30 minutes, and the last hour and a half has been going through the trials and tribulations of trying to get the launcher to install correctly, and go through creating a brand new ubisoft account, and THEN trying to launch the game. I have logged into my Uplay account and updated my information, so my password obviously works. I have gone so far as to reset my password twice, just in case I was having a PEBKAC error.

To summarize, my internet connection is fine, my Uplay account is fine, I have a legitimate copy of the game and a valid cd key, I have a machine that is fully capable of running the game, and it still doesn't work.

Can someone please provide me some sort of answer as to why this doesn't work? Call tech support is not an answer by the way.
    Are you on a school network? Because I'm having the same problem with the same circumstances but I'm on a school network. I know I've had trouble in the past with MMOs such as WoW not updating due to the school.

No I am not on a school network, community network, or public network. I am on a private home network.

I have the same problem. I also noticed how I can click on a link on the launcher and it opens a web page . . .

Like you, I purchased the game last night on Steam. It also doesn't look like the launcher is even trying, it fails so fast.

Need Mod/Admin opinion, please.

I started a thread on the official Anno 2070 forums. They will be more help: http://forums-de.ubi.com/showthread....83#post2072683
    Last edited by Venom5440; 05-21-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added info

That sounds like a Steam error message, make sure Steam is logged in and online and try launching from Steam library rather than Ubi-launcher. If that works, set Steam to offline mode before logging Steam out and you should be good to go.

same problem

I have the same problem, BUT I am not on steam...
    The game activated my key with no problem, but am stuck at the Login screen of the game, like others I can click on the links on screen, and I can also log in to uplay (as seen by posting in these forums)

Hi

I got the same problem.. Can't go thru the game either uplay.. Error 404 on web page, and server error on the game!
    can u pls fix it so i can play the game i bought yesterda???!!!

Hi guys, please contact technical support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

have done it, yesterday after 6 hours to try too find out what was wrong and it was nothing here...
    so now I'm waiting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast