View Poll Results: Would you accept a Sam clone/heir?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 10.00%
  • No

9 90.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Son of Sam | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Sorry, I just looked at the title and it occured to me. I haven't read any comments but...

...did you mean David Berkowitz?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

@Hastings
    Better idea, let's kill you off in epic T2 fashion and keep Sam!
    As for Son of Sam, of course you don't inherit skills, but you have a good chance of inheriting the potential or aptitude fir skillz. Then the Military Academy and ensuing Duty orders would fill in the rest. Like you said, there's probably loads of people that could do the job. A well trained Sam jr could be one of them.

At the end of the day though, you can't remake Sam, it's either gotta be Sam or it's gotta be someone else. The personality needs to be new too though, we can't just overlay a new character on the same gruff dark humored approach.
    Plugging someone new into the role would be like a new King taking the Throne, and tarnish the legacy IMO. I think it might be better to replace Sam with several new characters instead of one, paying homage to Sam's legacy and making Splinter Cell the true heir.

^^ Who's David Berkowitz?

Banned
    I love Sam Fish more than any game character in existence, I'm just saying - if it ever came down to it - I would rather him die, than actually "retire". But let's hope it never comes to that. I would also have a hard time believing it's Sam Fisher, if it was someone other than Ironside voicing him. As weird as that may sound. Think about those EPIC screenplays where the main protagonist dies. They're more heroic than ever.

David Berkowitz's nickname is "Son of Sam". Serial killer. His devil-possessed dog told him to do bad things.

^ Oh that's right, I did watch a bit of that movie. Forgot all about it.

Well Sage, your thread is good for squeaks and giggles if nothing else.

On topic

Nope. No son of Sam for me... no daughter either.
    Fisher needs to get back on track--the familiar, humorous bad@ss spy--or be taken out of the equation all together.

Truth be told, I've spent such a ridiculous amount time in D-Ops, playing as Archer and Kestrel that my mind has adopted them as the protagonists of SCC.
    Fisher and his pathetically executed quest for revenge have all but faded into a bad memory.
    When I think Sam Fisher, I think Chaos Theory.

In any case, when the time does come to see a new hero take the throne--which eventually I think it will--I won't care much.
    As I said, the Sam Fisher I liked so much as a teen has been gone since Chaos Theory... what's that, like seven years or something?
    Nowadays I would welcome a completely new protagonist, with a new support team, a new head of 3E etc.
    Fisher could be like a respected name around the workplace, but a positive explanation of his fate should not be given. I think we all have our own ideas and wants for how he would go out, whether he'd retire or be KIA etc.
    Probably best to leave it to individual interpretation.

In terms of what I would want from a new protagonist.
    Would I want him to be like Sam... would I even want him to be a 'him' ??
    Dunno... I think if he was too much like Fisher it would be awkward for long time fans. A new guy with a similar skill-set but completely different background would be cool. Initially I believe Fisher was set up to be a 'perfect agent' so to speak. He was a veteran soldier, smart, efficient, adaptable and didn't really have any outstanding problems. He even had a young daughter with a dead wife, just like all the classic cinema heroes from the 80s.

I would probably want a younger, and little less noble hero.
    The sub story of him and his coworkers could be a subtle tale of rough beginnings, where there's a distinct line between personal and professional trust that they eventually have to all get on the right side of.
    just my 2cents

^ Yeah you're right about pretty much all of it.
    i did vote FOR it though, because, well, it's SC, it would have to be really atrocious for me not to be able to accept it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123