Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ubisofts Jade Raymond calls upon developers to take more risks. | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Yes, I do think so, because the trailer shows elements in the map you only see in the story mode. Like opening a locked door together. The size of the package also suggests that the Insurgency Pack has more than just these four maps. So yes I think there was a bigger story planned and maybe the end of Kestrel and Archer wouldn't be the way we know it.
    Last edited by Andre202; 05-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by The_5_Freedoms View Post
    You think the Insurgency Pack maps were cut content from Prologue?
    I doubt it....they were not really well designed for a narrative flow, but with a sandbox in mind. The designers were given a lot of freehand in getting the levels set and it shows...the DLC levels are brilliant...absolutely brilliant.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

^ I'd say there were plans to have more maps in Prologue, and the DLC maps could have once been assembled in a fashion that would have suited a narrative (Silver Arrow... anyone?) but as we see them now, they're rebuilt for sandbox brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    I doubt it....they were not really well designed for a narrative flow, but with a sandbox in mind. The designers were given a lot of freehand in getting the levels set and it shows...the DLC levels are brilliant...absolutely brilliant.
    These elements can be implemented pretty easy because after all it's just going from point A to point B while the NPCs around add the challenge to complex puzzle. But I have to say that designing something challenging in a Stealth Game like Splinter Cell in a big Sandbox Map is pretty difficult. The more room you have availeable to move the more you can avoid enemy contact. That's also a reason I think why previous games had a more linear and narrow design since it's easier there to make a challenging game and offering a lot of different approaches. In a big sandbox level it's not as easy to make challenges for all the approaches possible in previous titles. Like making ghosting just as challenging as in previous games or making the approach of Killing everyone or KOing everyone just as challenging or even more difficult then in previous games.
    Last edited by Andre202; 05-23-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345