What a disapointment!!!
I've been playing SH3 for a long time but had to stop when I changed my OS from XP to 7, and couldn't find a working patch that would allow me to run SH3 on Windows 7. I came across SH5 in a pile of 'on sale' games a week ago and was very excited with my find, but now I am extremely disapointed. I want to put up a list of some of the issues I've found so far and perhaps someone out there can give some advice. I have installed the v1.2 patch and these are some of the problems i still have.
1. The game ran the updates, after the installation but it still freezes my PC 2 times out of 5 when I load my saved game.
2. The crew voices disapear 1 time out of 5 when i load my saved game, and i have to reload to get them back.
3. When on the bridge and I pan my view clockwise to the stern, one of the watch crew apears to be standing on thin air to the rear left of the bridge about 4 meters out.
4. My watch crew, as well as my gun crew, is under water in heavy seas, yet they function as normal. Very strange. In SH3 if the seas were to heavy, you were informed that the gun crew can't opperate the weapon.
5. I can walk my avatar into the crew and then have a disembodied ear with an outline of a head floating in my field of vision.
6. The user interface is very cumbersome and not very user friendly.
7. The TDC seems to have a mind of its own. It does not give very accurate readings, and regardless of the speed and distance of any ship, it says that the ship is 500m away and moving at 0 knots. The net effect is a lot of misses.
8. There is no way, that i have found yet, to calculate distance and speed, as there was in SH3
8. When in compressed time, and something happens (sigting a ship, as an example) the time slow, but to 64, and not to 1 as in SH3. Why is that?
9. F2, F3 and F4 does not do what the are said to do, although F1 does work. That is how I know that the the other keys have functions (and yes, my keyboard does work)
10. Ships and aircraft does not react to me. When I ran into my 1st convoy, I was surfaced, and they didn't react to the boat at all. I picked them off with my deck gun one by one, but the others just kept steaming ahead as if nothing was happening. And then a plane flew overhead. I was still surfaced, but it did not give me a second look, even with the smoke from 7 burnig merchants rising into the sky. All of this happend just off the east coast of Brittain.
Are there patches to resolve these issues? And before one of the old hands throws a huffy, because some noob is asking questions that have been answered, I would like to state that I have been doing more reading then playing during the last week and i have found some mods and patches to some some of the issues but as I am just a normal PC user, I'm not exactly sure where to put them in the game files.
Appologies for my spelling, but english is not my first language.
you can still run SH# on W7. it works on my pc
PS u havent discovered many bugs n stuff yet (stadimeter is waaaaaay off) better go to subsim to get some mods to make this playable or
try to get ur sh3 workin in w7
i have given up my 109 AUD was wasted ever since ubisoft put that russian mafai code in SH3 they have not done justice to SH series i will not be purchasing another SH from ubisoft i am praying another game company purchases SH so we can have trouble free playing ,and as a last word at least you can play the XXXX game i have nothing to show for over 100 dollars and thjat pisses me E3 ubisoft counter this year or next is going to be my call where i will ask for my money back and give them back the worthless piece of **** called SH5
Last edited by Yooperbacker; 06-01-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Ossiedunstan I am sorry that you are upset but you are not allowed to use bad language when you post on these forums.
The only thing I can suggest is to contact Ubi Support and see if they can help you.
SH5 is a giant, steaming,stinking,fly infested pile of CRAP . The MODS just add another layer of bugs and crap to trouble shoot.
The TDW Mods are just bugs and more bugs. You'd have to be an autistic obsessive to want to go through that .
SH5 was the last Ubisoft game I bought. NEVER AGAIN !