Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controller layout for GRFS | Forums

Controller layout for GRFS

Anyone know if there will be optional controller layout configurations in GRFS? like the tactical layout that MW3 has? Or what other options there are as i don't want a modded controller just want to switch the right thumbstick button and the B button.

When i play in the heat of the moment i always pressh the right thumb stick button down which zooms me in and messes me up. So i want to change that so if i press the right thumb stick it will do something else like kneel or switch view or anything else. The tactical controller layout in MW3 worked perfect for me and my issue.

thanks for the info
    "There are three things you can trust a person with: Your Money, your wife or your life. Trust in any one is a friend. Two out of three is a best friend. Three for three is a real find and a true Comrade in Arms"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Coldthunder View Post
    Anyone know if there will be optional controller layout configurations in GRFS? like the tactical layout that MW3 has? Or what other options there are as i don't want a modded controller just want to switch the right thumbstick button and the B button.

When i play in the heat of the moment i always pressh the right thumb stick button down which zooms me in and messes me up. So i want to change that so if i press the right thumb stick it will do something else like kneel or switch view or anything else. The tactical controller layout in MW3 worked perfect for me and my issue.

thanks for the info

There might be alternate layouts but i know from watching the FragDolls livestream last weekend it was asked if they would have a "southpaw" option and the dev dude said no, but i guess you will have to see on tuesday. but my guess is there isnt any from how he talked about it.

Community Manager Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar
    There is no support for alternative configurations/customization for controllers on PS3/360.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    There is no support for alternative configurations/customization for controllers on PS3/360.
    do u think u can ask if there is any planes for a patch for those other players out there that are left handed?

Quote Originally Posted by RaulO4 View Post
    do u think u can ask if there is any planes for a patch for those other players out there that are left handed?
    Tommy Jacob, creative director of ghost recons future soldier said that they thought about adding southpaw in but it would push the game back a year lol. So no i dont think they will be patching this, Also im left handed and i cant understand how its a problem to game with normal config? what does southpaw change?

well simple u move with ur left stick right well those other played play the other way around where u move with the right and aim with the left....shoot with Lt not with the Rt

that kind of left handed not left handed writing and such
    .....also I am left handed writing too

I dont mind the controls and I know that developers makes their games in their visions and such, but something as simple as have alternative control schemes in games is not exactly new. Its pretty much standard in every game that comes out. I think that the answers they feed us about our questions is alot of nothing but hot air. How would making alternate schemes set back a release a year? that makes no sense whatsoever. They boast about being able to change game mechanics and maps and weapons stats etc ON THE FLY, but they cant just add an alternate control layout for left handed people? sounds quite fishy to me.Just another NON-feature in a game that lacks alot of features after being developed for over 3 years and delay after delay. I am getting this game, but **** UBI, you guys are really making it hard to get excited for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Genocidejunkie. View Post
    I dont mind the controls and I know that developers makes their games in their visions and such, but something as simple as have alternative control schemes in games is not exactly new. Its pretty much standard in every game that comes out. I think that the answers they feed us about our questions is alot of nothing but hot air. How would making alternate schemes set back a release a year? that makes no sense whatsoever. They boast about being able to change game mechanics and maps and weapons stats etc ON THE FLY, but they cant just add an alternate control layout for left handed people? sounds quite fishy to me.Just another NON-feature in a game that lacks alot of features after being developed for over 3 years and delay after delay. I am getting this game, but **** UBI, you guys are really making it hard to get excited for this game.
    I agree. To make a complete gaming experience the little things are important too. If any major game developer takes a year just to devise an alternate control scheme than they must be spending half the time smoking crack. Socom 2 had a bevy of control options and many many customizations for sensitivity. It came out almost a decade ago.
    "A single twig can break, but a bundle of twigs is strong"

Check out my YT channel for some great montages and gameplay from various titles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamdowney73/videos

Well ****, I use the tactical layout on CoD, too, & it works awesome. That's why I like BF3's setup, too - the crouching with the right thumbstick. I didn't even think how that being the ADS button on GRFS could screw me over. Dammmmmittttttttt.
    Duh, winning
    XBL GT: Papa Hiram

Thats to bad that there will be no additional controller layouts. Seems in order to get this game out they took out allot of the little things everyone finds important which i think will really hurt this game and their reputation in the end. Be interesting to see how many people are actaully playing it after a month or so.

But

Does anyone know a controller that can be customized to switch button layout? i know there are modded controlers ( which one of the frag dolls stated she use due to the no southpaw option) but i dont want a modded controller that has all that cheating stuff on there like the drop shot, rapid fire, aim assit...ect thats for cheaters. Im just looking for one that will let me swich a couple of the buttons. Anyone know of a controller on the market available that can do that?

thanks
    "There are three things you can trust a person with: Your Money, your wife or your life. Trust in any one is a friend. Two out of three is a best friend. Three for three is a real find and a true Comrade in Arms"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast