Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.4 is now live. What's coming next? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Senior Community Developer

Patch 1.4 is now live. What's coming next?

IMPORTANT: The patch 1.4 is now available on Steam as well.
    ----------------------

Dear Heroes,

the patch 1.4 is now live. To download it you need to connect to the game, download of the patch will start automatically.

The patch 1.4 release notes are as follows:

- Added the Custom Map Exchange feature, allowing players to download missing maps in the lobby, from the host.
    - Added the Archipelago map, previously available only during the Christmas event, in Skirmish mode (solo and multiplayer)
    - Added features in the map editor:

o Help Files: Added tutorials in the Map Editor
    o Initial Map Setup: Set a trigger to set up the initial structure allowing to save a map right after creation
    o Unified Object Behavior: Implemented unified behavior for all affected objects (e.g.: object selection, scaling, rotation handling, etc.)
    o Mini map: Removed the non-functional mini map from the Map Editor

Here is a first insight of the changes we are going to apply for the patch 1.5, focusing on the Game Balancing:

- Refitting of Core unit health and defense

o Stronger differentiation between might & magic defense of units according to their nature
    o Reduction of power for Necropolis units
    o Increase of power for Inferno units

Tweaking of creature growth for some core and elite creatures

- Increase of power for Luck in general, by increasing creature luck values, especially for Inferno
    - Increasing interest of abilities that affect might offense, might defense, luck and leadership

- Decrease of power of HEALING spells and abilities (HEAL, MASS HEAL,REGENERATION, MASS REGENERATION, RESURRECTION,LIFE DRAIN, MASS LIFE DRAIN)
    - Refitting of healing powers of certain creatures (Haven SISTERS mainly)

- Increase of power for most DIRECT DAMAGE SPELLS, especially ZONE DAMAGE SPELLS (like FIREBALL)

- Increase of power for MASS STAND YOUR GROUND ability
    - Increase of damage boost for MASS HEROISM ability
    - Increase of power for ARCHERY I ability
    - Decrease of the Enlightment ability to 20%

- Increase of power and cooldown time for POISON CLOUD spell
    - Increase of power for MASS AGONY spell
    - Increase of power for WEAKNESS spell

The M&M team

Patch 1.3 links;

Patch 1.3 is going to be live tonight http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...e-live-tonight

Patch 1.3 download links http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...download-links

Heroes 6 Patch Communication (starting with the patch 1.3) http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...the-patch-1-3)
    Last edited by Ubi-Mush; 05-17-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks Irina! Good to see patches are coming along, keep up the good work.

Yes, thank you. And thank you especially for the future changes, as this shows me that there are people who are listening.

Good news but the release notes says nothing about bug fixes. I hope that a few of those are included in the patches too.

The patch notes for this one are underwhelming but atleast we get a cool new map. Anyway the next patch looks very promising, i hope it will also contain buffs for other mass effect spells, any aproximate date for it ? Thanks for the info.

Great! love to see content being added for those that may have missed it, and the map editor being worked on too As others have asked, are bug fixes going to be included in the next patch?

I think it is a bit exaggeration to increment a full middle version for such a shallow change, would have been more proper to name it 1.3.001 or so. But the biggest problem is of course that zero bugs have been fixed or is planned to be fixed and actually it is fishy that only such stuff is being changed for which you theoretically do not even need to make changes in “lower level” source code .

I must say I am very disappointed with this patch.

Which bugs does it fix? None of them. They just played with the map editor instead of fixing the game first. Is this what we get after a month, seriously?

Moreover, patch 1.5 notes are really LOL. They are just going to play with values, which requires at most 1 line of code change. Again, no bug fixes for patch 1.5. (Now don't tell me "those notes are not complete," we all know how Ubisoft is good at fixing stuff which is around since the beta.) They just posted it to make the announcement look like it has more content.

I am very very disappointed and I feel they are mocking players with these hilarious, no-effort patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreed89 View Post
    I must say I am very disappointed with this patch.

Which bugs does it fix? None of them. They just played with the map editor instead of fixing the game first. Is this what we get after a month, seriously?

Moreover, patch 1.5 notes are really LOL. They are just going to play with values, which requires at most 1 line of code change. Again, no bug fixes for patch 1.5. (Now don't tell me "those notes are not complete," we all know how Ubisoft is good at fixing stuff which is around since the beta.) They just posted it to make the announcement look like it has more content.

I am very very disappointed and I feel they are mocking players with these hilarious, no-effort patches.
    Most developers at the level of Ubisoft would have just dropped the ball and abandoned the game. This is the first time I have seen a AAA company continue to fix the game even after it had such a poor start. (or at least have some kind of will to fix it)
    Anyway, if all it takes is really just changing one line of code, why don't you do it yourself? ...... What's that, you don't know how? Good, keep your mouth shut, don't shoot the messenger, and be patient. At least they are going through the trouble to start fixing the game.
    And that next 1.5 patch looks really good. Pretty much most, if not all the balance complaints seem to be getting fixed in the next patch. The problem is because the game was so unbalanced and broken from the start that it is gonna take a while to completely remake how combat works. Changing healing powers (which is what the game seemed to heavily rely on) means changing the entire combat system, something that they really need to be careful with if they don't want to screw up the game.
    BTW, you have to remember that Black Hole are the guys who were making the game, and they were the ones who screwed it up, not Ubisoft. The game was delayed, pushed back, worked on for ages, and they still couldn't get it right. Most game companies these days would have just released the unfinished product and did 2 updates that "fixes minor issues" and left the game to rot. Also remember that there was that small period of time where nothing was done because they had to get someone else to develop the game, and learn how the heck Black Hole coded the game.

I may sound very defensive, but with this announcement I'm starting to get hope. It can only get better from here on in. I'm just really hoping we don't get let down...

Quote Originally Posted by lavenders2 View Post
    Anyway, if all it takes is really just changing one line of code, why don't you do it yourself? ...... What's that, you don't know how? Good, keep your mouth shut, don't shoot the messenger, and be patient. At least they are going through the trouble to start fixing the game.
    Yes, changing the Regeneration spell so it heals 75 hp instead of 100 is really a one-liner, not even a line, you just change one number if the code is developed good enough. Why would I need to do it if I am not the developer?

I am not saying we don't need balance tweaks. I just say when you look at the notes of patch 1.5, there is no new content nor bug fixes and this disappoints me. And when I see patch 1.4 improves the map editor (which is not a priority) and STILL does not fix so obvious bugs, I am of course disappointed.

I love this game too and just want to see it get polished.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast