The matchmaking is borked right now, there are only so many players a FT can play against.
When the game was still up the FT I normally ran with consisted of 26+ level classes (usually running 1 of each) against level 1 through 8s.
It is not their fault they had to verse us, I completely understand if they rage quit. It is not fun getting the snots kicked out of you through your rear end.
They should NOT be penalized for leaving to find a more balanced match that has a higher potential for being fun, it isn't fun for the high level people to just steam roll lower levels either.
Until the player base expands and matchmaking stops being a troll, there will be stacked matches and people will (understandibly) quit.
The true fun is when both teams are in equilibrium and it is a struggle for both teams to cap.
Heck, I'll uninstall the game if they implement a 30min lockout. Sometimes the guys I enjoy running with DC, or the game crashes on 3 out of 4 people, or it boots us from the fireteam. Why should anyone be penalized for a gameside "Whoopsies!" that no one has control over? Sometimes there are 4v0 matches because people quit in the loading screen. I don't mind, but do you really want to penalize 8 people for quitting a match that neither side wants to play? A 30 minute lockout would actually hinder the game on all accounts, matches would be found slower because everyone is locked out, people would complain on the forums while people say "quit whining and go find a fireteam."
Nobody can play because they're trying to find a decent match and people look like a certain male body part used for urinating for telling everyone seeking a decent match that they are a bunch of whiners. If there are no players, there is no flow for GRO.
If you need a real gun to feel like a real man, then you have a problem.
Playing with guns is no better, if someone is playing with a gun in my vicinity then they need to GTFO!
And honestly, if they're quitting right off the bat then you're better off. You at least have the oppurtunity to get some help from those open spots.
My top reasons for quitting:
- A friend wants to play with me.
- You join a game which is already losing so badly that the entire team already quitted and you, with a team of 2+/- needs to fight against 8+/-. That is not my 'idea' of 'fun'.
- You need to go. (Dinner or something else important)
- There is a cheater in the opposite team destroying your fun.
and, altough obsolete after a while:
- When you are level 1-5 and being put in a squad with 7 other players that are level 1-5 and are being put against a squad that has 8 players of level 10-20 or higher. Do you have any idea how frustrated a game gets when that happends? After while, when your level is higher, you can withstand the 'rape'.
I think the RP bonus needs to be higher when you finish a game, while losing (and ofcourse higher when winning) so that if you quit, the RP bonus that you don't get is really a 'letdown', but not a game ruiner.
Last edited by Timecontroll; 05-14-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Sam Fisher: Lambert, now that I got 50 million bucks with me, it's time to talk about a raise.
Irving Lambert: Hmmm. 25 cents an hour and not a penny more.
Sam Fisher: Deal.
The issue that people need to realize is that this game is still in Closed Beta. The player pool is very limited at this point in time. You are periodically going to be matched with high level players no matter what you do. I understand and sympathize with the lower level players that do get matched against the high level players. I understand that it is no fun to get steamrolled in a game, it has happened to me in many games, not just in GR:O. Being a Closed Beta you also need to realize that all of your stats, good or bad, will be wiped clean before Open Beta starts.
On the flip side of this topic I pose this question to you all: Is it fair to the higher level players/fireteams that also sit in prolonged queue's to end up in games where it is 8 vs 3 because the lower levels players on the other team have all quit at the match screen because they saw the levels of the players that they were matched to play against?
Believe me, if I had a lower level character to play I would have no issue switching to that character during the match screen so that the games were more even as far as levels go. But some of us can't do that as we have either maxed out all our characters or only have 1 character left that is 20+. I know that the players I usually group with all played the other day with our starter gear on to try and even things out a bit, as we can't do anything at this point about our levels.
Hopefully once this game goes into Open Beta and there is a far larger player poll all of this will no longer be an issue, but until then people just need to play the hand they are dealt.
C.B. TRIPLE 30'S
|O.B. Main Account | Specialist : Level 0 | Assault : Level 0 | Recon : Level 0 |
|O.B. Alt Account | Specialist : Level 0 | Assault : Level 0 | Recon : Level 0 |
>>Submit Trouble Ticket<<
The problem kind of lies in this perception that level somehow has any significant impact on the game. Level if anything is an indication of how long someone has played the game. There are plenty of high level players that suck (like me) and plenty of low level players that own FACE. There are games where I will equip all lvl 1 weapons and armor and even take off my team ability to make it slightly even and still rack up a decent score. Most of the player base that has played this game for a decent amount of time will tell you that their weapon of choice is usually the lvl 5-15 weapons depending on the class.
What really irks me, is it's always the guys costing us the match that quit. You will NEVER become a better player unless you fight superior opponents. The levels thing is a bad excuse, my spec, that I've been playing since phase 1, and is a hair away from level 30, still dies to level 1 weapons.
And as far as cheaters go, the only cheating I see is exploiting. I had a match with a couple of these forum members, and once I mentioned they had a guy abusing the prone/slope glitch, they were very quick to get him off his glitch. I've done the same, I noticed a guy abusing this same glitch, down in the subway, and I offered him a chance to stop. His response wasn't real friendly, to say the least. So I gave him a friendly nade. What I should have done, is record and report it, they really don't care much for cheaters here.
Here's the only reasons I quit a match....and listed in order of importance...
1. Game puts me in a match that is in the 2nd round with 1 - 2 minutes left to play. Sorry but if a match is almost over, I don't want to be put into that game on the winning or losing side...I'd much rather start from the beginning of the round/match or at least put into a game where there is time to actually do something in the match.
2. When players on my team simply don't know how to play the match....such as the whole team sitting back while 1 enemy takes the objective by themselves...just yesterday I was in 5 consecutive matches where this happened and the players sitting back weren't even recon snipers..it was assualt and specialist too scared to move....It's sad when me being a recon sniper is the only one trying to take the obective or stop the enemy from taking it...not much I can do with a sniper rifle against 3+ guys on the point....even if I switched to SMG or another class, it still would be no hope capping or defending by yourself...so why stick around for this kind of fail team. The times I did stick it out, I just end up dying 5+ times in a row without getting a shot off because I get flanked so fast I stand no chance....so exit, find another match.
3. When your put into a match with 7 new guys (you know they are new because they are asking question about how to activate Aegis and other abilities) and your put up against a FT of 4 level 30 players (which you know are good on their own, let alone on a FT). I was put against 4 of the better top tier players (won't mention names) who seemed to be in a fireteam because they always ended up on the same team in every match I joined with or against them. These 4 guys often get stats like 40/4 with 3 captures and get MVP, Headshot, Accuracy awards....so with a squad of noobs, there isn't a chance to win, let alone have fun because you just end up spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die....that's how those matches go....again, exit, find another match with better balanced teams.
4. I can't stand Shearwater 51 map...that is absolutely the worse map to me...it's too small, too easy to spawn camp both sides, too hard to play with inexperienced players and with all that, the map simply isn't fun to play....so I will quit that map when I'm put on it and usually do so while warmup is still going on...but if the match is already going, I quit it anyway. It's funny though because every since they changed conquest to 1 round, I somehow end up on shearwater map all the time. just yesterday I was put on this map like 12 times in a row....it was making me sick....I really wish we could choose what maps we want to play on.....again, exit and until I find 1 of the other 3 maps to play....Occasionally I play Shearwater anyway, but not by choice.
5. due to the game being highly reliant on teamwork, having a match of 7 vs 3 isn't fun...so yeah if teams end up lopsided like this, I quit even if I'm on the team with more people because it's not fun to just run up and grab points in 30 seconds simply because there are not enough enemy to stop us.
As for rage quitting, I have no clue what that means but people seem to assume this is what people are doing when they quit....for me, I'm just quitting because there is nothing fun about the current match that I want to waste the time it takes to run in such a bad match. There is no rage quiiting about it....I'm not upset about the situation, I just calmly quit for reasons stated above. Sometimes people aren't quitting though....some get DC'd and others think you quit....I really hate when you spent an hour trying to find a good match to play and then you get DC'd during the match and can't get back in it. Now your stuck back in a bunch of bad matches for a while.
Now when it comes to penalties, the truth is that no matter the penalty, there is always a way to circumvent the penalty players are hit with....that is if you make it so you don't penalize players who have no control of being DC'd from the game. I mean if I DC in a match because game crashed, My ISP crapped out, my wireless lost signal strength...etc...and you penalize me for something out of my control, I wouldn't be happy. So a penality for doing something once shouldn't be severe....instead, make an accumalitive penalty....
So in a certain time period....quit once, you lose minor RP...quit twice, you lose RP and EXP...quit 3 or more times and you lose RP, EXP and locked out of any matches or you simply get 0 RP, EXP and loot for any wins....one of the worst things about gamers is they hate doing things with no reward....99% of players want some kind of reward for the time they spend playing a game...either loot, gear, money, titles or something that displays to the community how well they've done....yeah, gamers love rewards...so as a penalty for rage quitting, give them zero rewards for a time period.
All I'm saying is by doing things this way, you can fairly penalize people who are the rage quitters and at the same time not hurt the players much who are DCing for reasons out of their control....I don't think too many people get uncontrollable DC's from matches 5+ times in 30 minutes...if you do, then you may need to look into technical issues for which you should then contact a GM should you have lost RP, EXP or whatever the penality may be...
Also, I just thought of this as I was typing....when teams get unbalanced due to players quitting, the team with more players gets a capping handicap....so if it's 4 verse 8, the team with 8 players take twice as long to cap a point than the team with 4 players (or the lesser team just gets a capping bonus)....it could scale based on how many players are on each team....sure it won't fix being outnumbered but at least you get something working in your favor. Something similar could be done when one team is full of level 20+ players and the other team is full of players level 10 or lower. Say for example, Squad 1 has everyone level 10 or lower and squad 2 has 3 level 30's, 2 level 20's, 2 level 15's and 1 level 5....well then the other team with the low level players could get one of (or multiple) of the following.....a defense bonus, a damage bonus, HP Bonus, RP bonus, EXP Bonus, Free/Extra loot..etc....just something to make the unfairness of high level verse low level a bit more tolerable to stick around and play.
Overall, doing something like I've stated here "COULD" help to stop or discourage rage quitting....I mean I'm just throwing out suggestions that come to mind...not saying it's the only way to go about fixing the issue but at least it's something to think about and might help spark a better idea...
I've seen this handled pretty well in another game. There was a visual indicator next to the players name for leaver status (green, yellow, red) You could leave a few games and stay green but drop too many then it turns yellow then red. You could earn green back by simply completing a few full games. It's important with this that there is an opportunity for players to change games during matchmaking before the game starts. Then most players want to avoid leaving because other people will not want to play on their team. Also DC's need to put you back in your game when you re-log.
Well every other free to play shooters do not have this problem and its always mixed levels in games.
IT IS THE LIMITED POPULATION AND THE BROKEN MATCH SYSTEM CAUSING THIS ISSUE!
Don't complain and force them to implement bull**** you will later regret after the game goes live. People quit on me all day long. I don't come here to complain because i know how they feel and i know the population is limited. People want to quit let em quit who cares. The system needs to be fixed that it joins new players to replace people that left. This will be all it takes to fix this issue. As we know now the systems for match making and team balancing are broken so what do you expect? The rebalance that occurs is such lulz and usually makes it worse if anything.
People that complain and want to implement restricitons on players that don't understand words and concepts like limited population and broken match system shouldn't even post.
Also as i said from day one fireteams don't belong playing against random players and if people quit then they have that right. I would expect that to get better with larger population as well. Most people that play didn't load up to get rolled by a fireteam and should be allowed to leave to play with other like players without penalty.
!IT IS THE LIMITED POPULATION AND THE BROKEN MATCH SYSTEM CAUSING THIS ISSUE
This mite be true and i never said i dont understand that there is a limit of players on the beta that play, and that the match system isn't working that good , we all know that !
I was just indicating that there was a lot , not just one or 2 games, like 6-7-8 games where people where just quiting and i don't think they where all cause someone was asking them to get into a FT or DC'in it was like they didn't even want to play unless they was in a team that had 3-4 high lvl people in it.
Was going to post some stupid stuff about how people like to troll here ....put im not going to put myself to that lvl :>>>>>>troll hater <<<<<
For 15-20 years i have been a mentor of kids and the sports they play and have never said its ok to be a quitter and that a quiter will never help or get you anywhere in life .
and a penatly should be and was put on anyone that quit any of my teams ,games they played in or teams they was post to be in!
I would say if you play and lose that, that is what builds integrity and maybe you need to look up that word and stop trolling me for my opinion
Last edited by Tx_Smitty; 05-15-2012 at 01:02 AM.
One way to live One way to die.