Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof of the awesome grahphics ... | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

This could`v worked a lot better as an educational thread..
    For example pointing the obviously improved mapping and texture; also adding that its even harder for Tree Models..
    The Effects present in the Clothes of Connor which gives off a very beautifully realistic illusion that was absent, or atleast barely visible, in past AC games..
    But I suppose any one can deduce what I said by just looking at that shot
    OP, I congratulate you on finding this shot, because It was HELL to spot

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everything wrong with AC II
    Everything wrong with Ezio
    "LONG LIVE THE MORGIA!!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by BBALive View Post
    You realise that pre-alpha doesn't make a difference to the graphics, right? The models that are in the game are complete. The only difference between pre-alpha and beta (the stage when the game is asset complete) is that the game will contain more models. Right now the game does not contain all of the models that will be in the game, but the ones that are in there are complete. Alpha, beta and the like focus more on feature implementation, bug testing and completing the code-base.

In short, the game's graphics won't alter between now and release, the main differences will be shown through gameplay, features, bugs (or lack thereof) and amount of assets.

Video compression, 720p rather than 1080p, console graphics.
    I really must disagree with you,, Mr shade or escoblades said that the devs finished the game in terms of gameplay, bugs, story...etc,, and that the devs will spend the last 5 months polishing the game and tha graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin_M View Post
    This could`v worked a lot better as an educational thread..
    For example pointing the obviously improved mapping and texture; also adding that its even harder for Tree Models..
    The Effects present in the Clothes of Connor which gives off a very beautifully realistic illusion that was absent, or atleast barely visible, in past AC games..
    But I suppose any one can deduce what I said by just looking at that shot
    OP, I congratulate you on finding this shot, because It was HELL to spot
    I actually found it by accident ,, I was playing the trailer cause I can't stop watching it then I Went to get something and pressed pause on the video ,, and when I returned i found this shot,,, then a took screenshot and uploaded it,, I was really impressed by the shot

Quote Originally Posted by DoNNiEDaRkO50 View Post
    I really must disagree with you,, Mr shade or escoblades said that the devs finished the game in terms of gameplay, bugs, story...etc,, and that the devs will spend the last 5 months polishing the game and tha graphics
    Indeed, In some rare cases Pre-alpha can mean that there will be improvements to the graphics..
    and let me just remind you that Trailers make games look worse than they actually are, I still remember the uproar at the gameplay trailer of Revelations last year Ugh..

"LONG LIVE THE MORGIA!!"

Indeed, In some rare cases Pre-alpha can mean that there will be improvements to the graphics..
    and let me just remind you that Trailers make games look worse than they actually are, I still remember the uproar at the gameplay trailer of Revelations last year Ugh..
    Yea,, the gameplay trailer for revelations was good ,,but the graphics looked terrible in it ,,especially the textures ,, It was horrible ,, but when the game came out ,, the textures were fixed

Yea,, the gameplay trailer for revelations was good ,,but the graphics looked terrible in it ,,especially the textures ,, It was horrible ,, but when the game came out ,, the textures were fixed
    I do not know If I`d use the words "Fixed" because in the E3 gameplay the textures looked fine..
    My point, as stated above, is that Trailers sometimes make games look lesser in Graphics quality than they truly are..
    Last edited by Assassin_M; 05-13-2012 at 09:49 PM.

"LONG LIVE THE MORGIA!!"

I do not know If I`d use the words "Fixed" because in the E3 trailer the textures looked fine..
    My point, as stated above, is that Trailers sometimes make games lesser in Graphics quality than they truly are..
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by misterB2001 View Post
    i disagree, i've seen a few videos of games showing pre-alpha graphics and their final version shows a distinct improvement.
    Yeah like the new DMC, the latest gameplay and trailers look alot better compared to earlier gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by misterB2001 View Post
    i disagree, i've seen a few videos of games showing pre-alpha graphics and their final version shows a distinct improvement.
    They're either old games, or when you saw the game in pre-alpha the graphics looked worse due to video compression and the like.

In modern day video game development models are added in their completed form over time. So rather than the quality increasing through each phase, the quantity increases. Blocking models out, the making primitive versions, then making the next version and so on is a very inefficient and slow way of developing.

The game is in alpha. It's not finished in any shape or form. The game won't be truly asset and feature complete until beta (the game is technically feature complete in alpha, but revisions, improvements and so on are made between alpha and beta, resulting in changes), which is where the major testing takes place in order to find all of the major and minor bugs caused from alpha until then. Like I said, are put into the game in their complete form. The only time when primitive shapes or objects are used are in the VERY early testing phases.

Seriously, the graphics won't change. If ANYTHING then adjustments will be made to textures and possibly animations, but nothing more.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast