Feedback and question on the test session end.
First : after this interim break is the game going live or continue to beta ?
Other than the obvious question, I'd like to have some opinion on the game :
Adding radio feature
- This is a team based game so communication is key. While the game does support mic and chat why don't we have a radio system similar to the good ol' Counter Strike ? Very useful for people who don't have mic. Also because of this I think the IR laser on the side of the gun is very important and should be provided from the start - however only with ability to point at position ( not enemy ). An upgrade for enemy - pointing might be good.
Physics and slide to cover
- Slope physics. People can slide up to the slope ? And there's a step down on the train station map, right next to the spawn at A, that box have a slope for no reason and if you holding sprint while just dropped from the spawn you'll be stuck there if you keep holding sprint.
- Slide to cover and slide to change to prone could really be abused to make "drop shot" , similar to many others FPS such as BF3 or CoD. Make a delay to use gun after a slide, for at least 1.5 second.
- Jerky aim from cover when transfer from aiming at opposite site of cover and same side you sitting at cover. Also if there's a wall with a window, the cover system is really irritating because if you sit below the window, you can stick your head out and aim up easily but if you stand at the full wall right next to window, then when you aim outside the window it's just jerking all over.
Auto-balance in game
While I do understand that because of the low number of players in the beta there are imbalance on many occasion, I still think it could use some improvement. For example :
- Two teams isn't always "has to" have same number of players. If a team with higher level or large fireteam then I think it's perfectly balance for one team to have more people since 3 people with good communication and tactics is much more valuable than 3 pubs players.
- Actively balance people right in the game ( for example, make a person from team A change to team B ) I know this isn't look like a good idea but game with a team-based centric like TF2 is using, so I think that's fine. While of course TF2 is a more casual game I think this is an idea to be considered.
A small request : can we make the default select class at the start of the game to be Specialist ? Or even Assault ? Recon class is really a solo-centric class especially with the sniper rifle. A whole team of lv 1 - 4 recon all go snipers isn't a rare sight. Sniper is almost always the most popular class in any class based shooting game, so I don't think we need to direct new players to this.
That's my feedback with the game so far. Really enjoy it. Also, I hope the game have a tutorial system for new players. I see many people such as me struggling at the start of the game.