Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Siege settings? | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMF View Post
    I'm not clear on the point of having the restrictions at all if they're just blocking off the spawns. If the attackers haven't left the spawn by the time the defenders get there, then something's seriously wrong with them. I do think they need to be careful of making the spawns a "safe zone" for attackers though - until recently, BF3 suffered from this with people mortaring and UAV'ing from places where the other team couldn't reach them. I don't know how this will play out in GRFS.

Also in the video they say that the defenders get a 10-second head start which seems to make sense. But then in the video it looks like the attackers are the ones with the head start. Or am I missing something?
    @bold, its just a case of not syncing the 2 seperate streams/videos when editing,
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have been playing Ghost Recon since Ghost Recon 2. The game was at its peak in Summit Strike in my opinion. GRAW was ok but I lost interest with GRAW 2. I too am concerned with the lack of private options but hey we cant have it all. Siege looks fine to me to be honest. The only thing that is different from Summit Strike is the fact you have to plant a bomb. If im honest I always thought the strafing around in between four flares was a bit silly so im glad of this change. Also through doing this it forces teamwork which is clearly how the game has been designed and can only be a good thing.

Ultimately people need to chill out and wait for the game to come out before judging it. I am a hardcore Ghost Recon fan, but I dont want exactly the same game as summit strike, just with better graphics which is what some of you seem to want.

Give it a chance eh?

I started this topic to try and get some answers ahead of time, knowing full well that still wont resolve anything as we will just have to wait till the 22nd to find out for sure. It was not my intent to invite a flame war, tho i guiess i should of expected it. I have yet to watch the video as somehting is worng with my video card drivers and my pc cuts off after about 45 seconds of feed, but i am going to take everyones word for it that the restrictions arent bad, espec since you guys have quoted its basically just the spawns. That makes the whole thing easier to swallow as that was killer.

As far as the rounds go, dont think that will be a big deal either, just depends on the standard settings your competetive community uses. Ours has always been 10 minute rds/race to 5 since OGR, however since we dont want a 5-3 match to possibly take 4 hrs, we will prob drop to 5 min rds, race to 3. No biggie.

However what still bothers me is the plant bomb deal. I agree with you rozaritch, running around in some flares on the ground was a silly concept, and im glad they updated that. However, haveing to plant the bomb leaves you completely vulnerable, assuming it works the same as planting a bomb/taking an objective on the beta. With this, as i said in my op, it will be near impossible to take the base with 60 seconds remaining in a 1 on 3, so it is then turned into LMS, which isnt bad, its just not siege. I would of thought that would of simply made an area to have to take, and instead of having flares on the ground, just make a perimeter from something else. The greenhouse is fine for instance, or make it inside an area marked by 4 pillars. Something of that sort. I mean if they were trying to get rid of the funny lookin flares on the ground, then why have the circle on the ground indicating the plant area for sabotage? Sorry, but i loved all GR games, tho GRIT was my favorite, but UBI has never been spot on with theyre decisions, and any long time player will tell you that.

I do thank you tho SHade for answering my question and giving us the info we were looking for, even if you took a bunch of **** for it.

saw this on twitter Andrew Nolan@MLGMeDiC@RedStorm Siege is ruined. Defenders cant roam the whole map? Not understanding why this is so.

15 MayRed Storm@RedStorm
    @MLGMeDiC Defenders can roam once the spawn phase ends, they're not allowed to leave the objective area prior to the attackers spawning

^ thank god for that.
    "A single twig can break, but a bundle of twigs is strong"

Check out my YT channel for some great montages and gameplay from various titles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/adamdowney73/videos

Now THAT makes more sense...

Two responses I wanted to officialy bring to this thread:

As someone already re-posted from my twitter response (via @RedStorm): the defenders are only limited to the objective area during the setup phase. To add a little detail to this explanation (since we're not limited to 140 characters here ) The defending team spawn earlier than offence so they can set mines, turrets, etc. however, we don't want them running off to spawn camp the offensive team. To allow defense placement but restrict abuse, for the duration of the setup phase defenders are limited to an area around the objective. Once the offense spawns, the defenders are free to roam the map to their heart's content.

The interact time on the Siege objective is significantly shorter than comparable objectives on other game types, less than half the time required (and you can further increase this with confidence bonuses). It doesn't take much for the offensive team to slip in and arm the objective quickly; this is a compensation for the increased risk involved with attempting the objective.

I've participated in several games of siege where the game has ended because the defending team roamed too far trying to "clean up" and lost the round because they couldn't get back to the objective in time once the interaction was started.

So there you go!

Nice, thanks for the update.

EDIT: Just ready Brock's post above. Brilliant Now it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Brock View Post
    Two responses I wanted to officialy bring to this thread:

As someone already re-posted from my twitter response (via @RedStorm): the defenders are only limited to the objective area during the setup phase. To add a little detail to this explanation (since we're not limited to 140 characters here ) The defending team spawn earlier than offence so they can set mines, turrets, etc. however, we don't want them running off to spawn camp the offensive team. To allow defense placement but restrict abuse, for the duration of the setup phase defenders are limited to an area around the objective. Once the offense spawns, the defenders are free to roam the map to their heart's content.

The interact time on the Siege objective is significantly shorter than comparable objectives on other game types, less than half the time required (and you can further increase this with confidence bonuses). It doesn't take much for the offensive team to slip in and arm the objective quickly; this is a compensation for the increased risk involved with attempting the objective.

I've participated in several games of siege where the game has ended because the defending team roamed too far trying to "clean up" and lost the round because they couldn't get back to the objective in time once the interaction was started.

So there you go!
    See, I told you all to give it a chance. There are a lot of people judging a game they have not played yet. This now makes complete sense.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast