Just got a new computer and trying to run the SH IV, WOP, Gold edition. I started a career and able to select a crew. I plotted a course on the nav map. But when I went to the Bridge or Attack periscope, the game will crash. I have unintalled/re-installed the game, placing in it's own folder, it didn't help. I have Window Seven as my operating system 32 bit, Intel E6550 Processor, 2GB of memory and 750 GB hard drive. Will SH IV Gold Edition run on Windows Seven? Thanks for help in advance.
Sorry, Intel Q35 Express Chipset. If you think this is the problem, what kind of video card should have installed?
Thanks Tambor198 for the information. I do have a desktop and should be able to install a video card. What are some of the cards that work with SH IV Gold Edition? I was into the TMO mods before with my last computer. I was able to run TMO 1.9 on before losing the motherboard on it. Since. I noticed that Ducimus ( which I have alot of respect for) has came out with TMO 2.5. Seems that I read somewhere that certain types of cards worked best with SH IV.
Here is what Ubi listed as the system requirements when SH4 first came out -
Silent Hunter 4 - Wolves of the Pacific
* Supported OS: Windows XP/Vista Only
* Game comes on 1 DVD
* Processor: 2GHz Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon (3GHz Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon recommended)
* RAM: 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
* Video Card: 128 MB RAM, DirectX 9–compliant, video card capable of rendering Pixel Shader 2.0 (256 MB RAM recommended) (see supported list)
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 –compliant sound card
* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c or later (included on game disk)
* DVD ROM drive 4x or faster speed
* Hard Drive Space: 6 GB
* Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 128Kbps upstream or faster, (512Kbps upstream or faster needed to host online games)
Supported Video Cards:
ATI RADEON 9600/9700/9800, X300 to X850, X1300 to X1800
NVIDIA GeForce™ 6200/6600/6800/7800
Laptop models of these card are not supported .
Ok, so my new laptop will not install SH4. I'm running windows 7, 64-bit. I am receiving the error above,
"data error (cyclic redundancy check)"
Any thoughts on this?
The data error could be connected to reading data off of the Cd/Dvd. You may want to Google "data error (cyclic redundancy check)" and read some of the search results.
Here is one site I found that talks about it and what it is -
SH-IV receives incompatible application when using Win7. Built in adapter is GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.