Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gameinformer says 12 player online...what happened to 16 players 8v8? | Forums

Wait a minute, can someone explain this to me simply? In the beta we have 8 vs 8 correct? So what's the deal now?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

They should just call it socom 4 the second

Because alienating core fans to bring in new ones never works, zipper found that out the hard way when socom 4 flopped and ultimately got flipped out the door. Call of duty players are young and have short attention spans and are on to the next thing quick. I think this game will initially sell ok but then fizzle out quick under 1 million copies.

Quote Originally Posted by B3ANTOWN_B3A5T View Post
    Where did you see large complex multileved maps?

I just see this style of gameplay being part of a larger better GR experience, where patience and stealth mixed with large complex multileveled maps combine to give players multipul options. One being, in your face firefights that house a degree of tactical control. I defiantly don't enjoy having to adapt 10 times in 20 seconds because so much crap is going off.. but I do appricate it to some degree I guess.
    I was meaning that this style of gameplay, which is very in your face, would be a vital part of a proper GR experience. And that experience would have large complex multileveled maps. "Would" being the operative word, it's a hypothetical situation that uses this style of gameplay. As it stands the current map styles are extremely limited and two leveled at best so far imo. But they work for this game atm I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by WW3KID View Post
    Wait a minute, can someone explain this to me simply? In the beta we have 8 vs 8 correct? So what's the deal now?
    No unfortunatly. The beta and offical game will be 6v6. The reason they gave is because of the "chaos" that comes by having 4 extra players in these maps sizes.

Check the sig.

I played a few rounds with Dirty a week or so ago in the beta, got to tell ya bro - you sucked pretty bad. Could tell you were still trying to play this game like GRAW and I know you're good, I've played against you and your boys back on GRAW 1&2 (couple of clan matches as well i think). This is a NEW game, with NEW tactics. Folks gotta learn to adapt, this isn't Advanced Warfare anymore, it's Future Soldier - new gear, new toys, new tactics.

So lets all just live and embrace the new gameplay and spend more time voicing are opinions on customizable options. Because that's all any of us REALLY want.

and bigger maps and more guns.

I have the game box here it says 2-12 online multiplayer.

In private matches you can have up to 8 players on a team, but a maximum of 12 players in the match. This allows for asymmetrical (lopsided) play: 7v5 or 8v4 for example.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    I have the game box here it says 2-12 online multiplayer.

In private matches you can have up to 8 players on a team, but a maximum of 12 players in the match. This allows for asymmetrical (lopsided) play: 7v5 or 8v4 for example.
    Well that sorta makes sense. It'd be even more awkward if they made it auto balanced. I hope you can have 1v11, simply because it's a good feature to have flexibilty for the end users

Quote Originally Posted by illdefined View Post
    Check the sig.
    Excellent insight - the problem is the maps. This is my primary complaint too, and this problem is not going to be fixed with DLC. They made a huge miscalculation when trying to "balance the game" on the slow vs fast spectrum. Don't they know pleasing everyone is a recipe for mediocrity? Ghost Recon has always been on the slow side. I would dare say this addition of methamphetamine to the style was wrought by an individual who did not even understand the philosophy of the earlier tittles. (all of them) Not everyone really thinks about things, and it's unfortunate when those people are in charge.

Are they really anti-camping? Really? Ghost Recon developers are anti-camping? What's the world coming to? And talk about throwing out the baby with the bathwater - these people didn't just "discourage camping", they friggin destroyed the game to prevent it. TBH I was worried about too much camping with that Cloaking Robe of Elvenkind they introduced. But little did I know...the whole hacking/sensor grenade/UAV thing would be such a crazy boondoggle. And did I mention the maps are small?

Whoever was in charge of the big picture of this game should be immediately sent into exile, maybe to work for the government. People who make epic mistakes are rewarded there. And whoever in corporate turned the keys to the Ghost franchise over to that should be forced to follow.

Liking this game and believing it keeps the GR philosophy are two different things. When I read the forum apologists for this game they never address the latter. I suspect it's because they can't.
    --The last thing I want to do is hurt you. (But it's still on the list.)

If I were playing GRAW and somebody said "Hey we're gonna make a game where every map is the size of Headquarters and 1/2 the game you'll be outlined in red" I would punch them in the mouth.
    --The last thing I want to do is hurt you. (But it's still on the list.)

What I found annoying duiring the beta was that I would be in a full 6v6 room, but on my team there wouold be 4 players on alpha & 2 on bravo, basically killing any chance you have of spawning on your teammates if you are on bravo. Hopefully now that it is definetely 6v6 they can get rid of the 2 extra slots per team to keep this from happening.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast