Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 3E Eclipse or Shadow Armor? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

3E Eclipse or Shadow Armor?

So the most classic Splinter Cell outfit (in my opinion at least) is hands down, without a doubt, the Classified outfit with the black camo, the vest armor, leg straps, and vest puches along with the first silenced pistol (forgot the name...) and the SC-3000.

But Sam has been known to use the "ninja" look often (in fact CT had an overwhelming amount of missions utilizing it...cause it's just so **** cool). So what would you say more closely resembles that classic "ninja sam" look? The 3E Eclipse? Or Shadow Armor?

I feel that in terms of color, the Shadow Armor is closer to the original SC or PT outfit while the Eclipse has got a closer resemblance to the slightly lighter outfit that Sam wears on the Penthouse and Displace missions in CT (if I recall correctly). The Shadow Armor is definitely darker but do you think it more closely resembles the "ninja" look or no?

I've been using D-Ops and pretending I'm Sam fisher (and that Conviction never happened) and making up my own story....I used the Classified for intro mission (St. Petersburg)'cause I felt that was the best...but now I'm on the Embassy mission and feel that I should use the ninja look seeing as the missions more sensitive and whatnot. I know I'm silly but shhhh haha.

So what would you guys suggest? Also if you say I should go with the Shadow Armor, if you can I'd appreciate what upgrades you thinkwould give me the best aesthetic for the ninja look. I have my own ideas for that but I'm curious as to what others think. Also, I'm not looking for the upgrades that give me the best abilities or whatever, solely just what makes me look the most "classic."

P.S. SC 6....PLEASE be the SC game I want and need. Without you there are zero games out there in the stealth department that truly appeal to me!!! Dx
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The Shadow armour seems like a sleeker more compact design....it looks like an all-purpose stealth suit..but it doesn't really resemble the older suits. 3E Eclipse, to me, feels like an assault version of Sam's old suit, like an upgraded version....something the troops where when they expect heavy fire or when out on a raid. Its got a large LBV, lots of pouches a large holster and looks slightly more bulky....but it does have the balaclava and the tri-focal goggles.

So it depends...Shadow seems more classical as a stealth suit, whereas the 3E has better looking headgear IMO.AND looks more like the old suit. For a purely Ninja look the Shadow wins...for a traditional look, the 3E wins.

I usually play Kestrel...so I go for the Akula or the Akali...I LOVE the akali with the digital choco-chip camo pattern. But if I had to choose...I'd go for the Shadow.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Thanks man...I play as Archer purely because he get's green goggles haha and because his designs are sleeker compared to Kestrel's. But Kestrel rocks haha

So if you were to pick shadow Armor would you go with the...exo-suit or no? I don't know what else to call it. haha It looks cool but strikes me as perhaps a bit too science fictiony and futury.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBwUzHeRe1138 View Post
    Thanks man...I play as Archer purely because he get's green goggles haha and because his designs are sleeker compared to Kestrel's. But Kestrel rocks haha

So if you were to pick shadow Armor would you go with the...exo-suit or no? I don't know what else to call it. haha It looks cool but strikes me as perhaps a bit too science fictiony and futury.

Oh you mean the Batman suit? Yeah I play it....but only for those uber-stealthy H2H only playthroughs. The all black finish reminds me of Batman Begins Batsuit...so whenever I feel like clearing an area one-by-one (No guns, No M&E and No double kills) with only the unarmed CQC...I go for the 3E Elite. Because I too feel that is a bit too futuristic for SC.

It looks BadAzz when you do DFA on folks while wearing it...Uber-Ninja!

I'm Batman

Eclipse is too rubbery, Kestrel's old school suit was way more flexible looking. Lighter and more giving for movement, easy to get in and out of.
    Elite is cool but that full helmet would be such a pain.

Shadow Armor without the catchers torso, groin and knee guards would be the ultimate Snake Eyes suit, if dude had a better build, and the commando style pants were dialed in better. Right now, with no armor or helmet he looks a bit thin for the 'perfect' weapon. No armor is also a better challenge, and being able to take less gear, weapons and gadgets, is/would be a testament to skill level. I respect the players that make realistic harder by shedding some safety nets.

I like the contractor set up, clothes that could almost pass on the street, but rugged supple and spacious enough to do work. Throw a vest, some harnessing and either the baseball cap or the delta helmet on and your good to get in. The big goggles protrude too much for sliding along walls and climbing pipes though, I like Kestrel or the Ghosts minimalist eye gear better. Kestrel's tat sleeve always adds something to the ensemble,, what is it anyway, a naked chick and a Koy carp?

Sameer's profile pic has a top notch Sam suit. CT I think?

I wasn't much on Sam's Conviction gear. It worked well and was necessary for the story but it looked, well like a guy who was going for a hike on some trails. Which is great fun but it's not that cool looking. I like it when they look cool....and deadly.

Camo options were such a good upgrade. Gunsmith camo count for SC suits (and guns) would be great. Tiger Stripe, woodland, some good urban. It allows for a bit more player identity online.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    I like the contractor set up, clothes that could almost pass on the street, but rugged supple and spacious enough to do work. Throw a vest, some harnessing and either the baseball cap or the delta helmet on and your good to get in. The big goggles protrude too much for sliding along walls and climbing pipes though, I like Kestrel or the Ghosts minimalist eye gear better. Kestrel's tat sleeve always adds something to the ensemble,, what is it anyway, a naked chick and a Koy carp?
    Yeah I do a lot of Ops in the Street clothes...it adds a new sense of immersion..as I feel it is more realistic. You infil an area dressed casually..and once in the danger zone you slip on the holster and a light LBV..
    Once the job is done...you drop the tac stuff and casually walk out and blend in.

The Black Arrow one..with the right camo and the Delta helmet and armor looks like proper commando gear....I can easily see the Ghosts decked out like that or Delta operators going around A-Stan hunting Talebs.
    Whenever I want to do a quick aggro run (AR only) I get into the 'Delta' outfit, pack an M468, extra frags & flashes and declare Guerrilla war on the AI.

But my Go-To suit is:

It looks like a cross between a tracksuit and an SAS CT suit...plus I love the headgear
    Last edited by shobhit7777777; 05-11-2012 at 09:40 AM.

I'm Batman

my pic ?!, the one I have now ?!, yup Solid, it is CT default stealth suit.

Regarding the OP

TBH one of the things I want C to have from CT is the suits, not the same suits, but the variety, like Sam need to change gear according to the mission, it really makes a great eye candy, and Sam looks different each time, so I hope we see more in SC6 than just Eclipse

I also got to agree, Shadow Armour for me is the WIN, it looks so bad a$$, minimal torso/chest gear (I really don't like the suits will all pockets in front of the chest), Gun Holder on right leg, ammo packs on left, and a couple of pockets on the arms, probably for stealth gadgets like Sneaky Cams, Tracers, Hacking Devices, ............etc

I believe the one eyed goggle may turn off some people, but I really like it's design, again I really hope we see it back in SC6, or else what is the point of introducing it ?!, Shadow Armor + SC3000 for the win (but in SC6, I hope the SC3000 has some launch-able gadgets like SC-20K)

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by shobhit7777777 View Post
    Yeah I do a lot of Ops in the Street clothes...it adds a new sense of immersion..as I feel it is more realistic. You infil an area dressed casually..and once in the danger zone you slip on the holster and a light LBV..
    Once the job is done...you drop the tac stuff and casually walk out and blend in.

The Black Arrow one..with the right camo and the Delta helmet and armor looks like proper commando gear....I can easily see the Ghosts decked out like that or Delta operators going around A-Stan hunting Talebs.
    Whenever I want to do a quick aggro run (AR only) I get into the 'Delta' outfit, pack an M468, extra frags & flashes and declare Guerrilla war on the AI.

But my Go-To suit is:

It looks like a cross between a tracksuit and an SAS CT suit...plus I love the headgear
    Pretty much my fav suit,i was actualy one of the 1000 who got a exclusive code for it but eventualy i got the game much later(couldn´t find the game anywhere) when it was already released to everyone XD

@ OP
    I would be inclined to side with the Eclipse in terms of which feels more like the classic. It's got the diagonal vest pouches and a few similar seam lines.

Shadow Armor could be IDed as 'Sci-Fi' but I'd be more inclined to label it as 'hi-tech' lol
    It's basically a cross between motocross gear (which is extremely effective) and the spy suits from Project Stealth.
    I'd say it's one of the more practical get-ups when it comes to a balance between silence and protection from the environment when you want to perform (dangerous) athletics.

My fave is probably Kestrel's default. (the Akula IIRC) but I do like the Eclipse.
    I also like the Akali, but I never feel right wearing it, because it's designed for super cold places and I just feel that my dude is overheating.
    Forget the name, but the Voron Rapid Assault Suit is probably one of my more common choices if I'm in the mood to make someone bleed.
    I don't get around in civies much nowadays.

Oh, and
    3E Elite is basically one of these
    :

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast