Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've had enough! | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin-prv View Post
    Everything was working fine on Windows 8 until I updated GRO to version 0.6.0.
    Please do not blame Windows 8, you broke something and don't know what it is :P
    ...let's imagine a big flat surface. A big white box surrounds you. You can not leave that box. That box is your windows 8. If someone puts something DIRECTLY, I mean less than a millimeter, outside of the box, you can't get it. That's what is happening here. This works fine on all normal versions of windows 7. As multiple people have said, it is not supported by windows 8. So there's a chance it's not going to work. It will probably support windows 8..eventually, but until then, get windows 7.
    I am the Pillar Of Light in a Land Of Darkness.
    If I see you first, you die.
    If you see me first, you die.
    Bottom line, you die.

Windows 8 use build-in.NET Framework 4.5.50131 Beta but it's not the Laucher problem becouse I try to run the game directly from executable file.
    In my C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ there are only 2 empty folders.

I don't have any problems with a low priority - game was working fine.

THX

Quote Originally Posted by Tecness0 View Post
    ...let's imagine a big flat surface. A big white box surrounds you. You can not leave that box. That box is your windows 8. If someone puts something DIRECTLY, I mean less than a millimeter, outside of the box, you can't get it. That's what is happening here. This works fine on all normal versions of windows 7. As multiple people have said, it is not supported by windows 8. So there's a chance it's not going to work. It will probably support windows 8..eventually, but until then, get windows 7.
    If you know anything about Windows 8 = Windows 7 + Metro GUI (Metro GUI = New Menu Start + separate Metro Apps).
    They add some new features (like a new Task Manager, copy menu etc) + hibernate Windows core to quick Windows startup.
    IT MUST BE COMPATIBILE WITH WINDOWS 7 LIKE WINDOWS 7 WAS COMPATIBILE WITH WINDOWS VISTA!
    Guess why Windows 8 is using version 6.2 (Windows 7 was 6.1 and VIsta 6.0) becouse of compatibility.

You want to tell me that Windows 8 is a "NEW UNSUPPORTED OS", and GRO won't run on Windows 8 LOL

if you an IT engineer i would expect you to not be such a tool. this is a beta I cant believe you are getting so upset that this BETA game has issues running on a brand new OS. Stop whining and give the devs time to fix the problem rather than rage quitting over some minor issue.

UMMMMM!!!!!! Ya lets put this in it's real outlook as simple as possible. Win8 consumer preveiw - BETA + GR:O - BETA = There's going to be issues. Let alone 90% of the companies that make the parts in your PC DO NOT HAVE DRIVERS SUPPORTING Win8. So what your complaining about is your sticking to betas together and saying oh ya this should work with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by elke_10 View Post
    Let alone 90% of the companies that make the parts in your PC DO NOT HAVE DRIVERS SUPPORTING Win8.
    Now you are wrong twice:

1. You can download driver for Windows 8 for NVIDIA cards (NVIDIA GeForce 296.17 Preview)
    2. Now I'm using driver for Windows 7 (NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta).

I'm wasting my time here...

Hello Marcin-prv,

Unfortunately, Windows 8 is not a supported OS for Ghost Recon: Online. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would suggest trying to play on the supported OS's:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista 64bit
    Windows 7

Thanks,
    UbiGraphix

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin-prv View Post
    Now you are wrong twice:

1. You can download driver for Windows 8 for NVIDIA cards (NVIDIA GeForce 296.17 Preview)
    2. Now I'm using driver for Windows 7 (NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta).

I'm wasting my time here...
    Ya you are wasting your time here and everyone else's. Seriously you are really dense for saying your a IT engineer.

So now to correct more of your faults.

1. You can download driver for Windows 8 for NVIDIA cards (NVIDIA GeForce 296.17 Preview)<<<<< A BETA
    2. Now I'm using driver for Windows 7 (NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta).<<<<< ANOTHER BETA

^^^^^^ NEITHER OF THE 2 ABOVE ARE A CERTIFIED DRIVER BY MICROSOFT.

So now Win8 BETA - and unsupported by any game + GR:O BETA + BETA drivers = even more possible issues.

Can you say DURP! Seriously just uninstall.
    Last edited by elke_10; 05-11-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiGraphix View Post
    Hello Marcin-prv,

Unfortunately, Windows 8 is not a supported OS for Ghost Recon: Online. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would suggest trying to play on the supported OS's:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista 64bit
    Windows 7

Thanks,
    UbiGraphix
    Thanks, but I check Patch 0.7.0

Quote Originally Posted by elke_10 View Post
    Ya you are wasting your time here and everyone else's. Seriously you are really dense for saying your a IT engineer.

So now to correct more of your faults.

1. You can download driver for Windows 8 for NVIDIA cards (NVIDIA GeForce 296.17 Preview)<<<<< A BETA
    2. Now I'm using driver for Windows 7 (NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta).<<<<< ANOTHER BETA

^^^^^^ NEITHER OF THE 2 ABOVE ARE A CERTIFIED DRIVER BY MICROSOFT.

So now Win8 BETA - and unsupported by any game + GR:O BETA + BETA drivers = even more possible issues.

Can you say DURP! Seriously just uninstall.
    Window 8 Beta + NVIDIA Drivers 301.24 Beta + GRO Beta 0.5.7 = game run fine
    Window 8 Beta + NVIDIA Drivers 301.24 Beta + GRO Beta 0.6.0 = game crash on startup

Let me think, something has changed... but what? :P
    I know... it must be the weather!

so can we /thread now? this guy is obviously a troll

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast