Yooperbacker's Avatar Moderator

JSGME - Generic Mod Enabler

I had a person over at SH5 forum post a question and they wanted to know where to download JSGME - Generic Mod Enabler. I went to the authors site and the web page is no longer there. I went to subsims and they say JSGME is no longer supported.

I went and found the newest copy and uploaded it to Gamefront. If you need a copy of it go here - JSGME - Generic Mod Enabler v2.6.0 (8 August 2010)

I also put a link to it in the SH4 sticky - Useful Links & Information

donna577's Avatar Member

WernherVonTrapp's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks Yooper. It's about time I updated my version. For what it's worth, there has been, and still is, a usable working link to an older version (2.3.1) at Filefront.

http://silenthunter.filefront.com/fi...Enabler;110251

thanks for everything...

Location of SH4 Mod Folder

Is it possible to use a Mods folder on a different drive than the one SH4 is installed on?

If so, can JSGME be set up to use that Mods folder on the other drive for SH4?

I would like to free up storage space on the drive I currently have SH4 installed on.

Thanks

Mike

As far as I know JSGME has to be put in the main folder of SH4. I have SH4 installed on an external drive along with JSGME in the main menu of that external drive.

Updated Download Link

Working download link: JSGME 2.6.0.157

An account is required. If you wish, you can use a dummy I created to download or create your own.

User: sljdf
    Password: password

(Yes, I know I am responding to a very old thread, but I found the thread by Google. I'm updating it for others who are looking for a working download link.)

Ferg75 Thanks for the new link to the JSGME. Well done.

I also updated the Useful Links thread that appears in the first post.

Please be aware that recent research has shown that it is a good idea to apply Large Address Aware to JSGME.exe, even for a mod as small as Game Fixes Only. Occasionally, JSGME will not do a proper uninstall and the original game will be corrupted after you remove a large mod. Then, from then on the game just won't work well until you completely reinstall. After applying LAA to JSGME corruption never happens. TMO2.5 and even previous versions has a defect that causes JSGME to corrupt the original game files when it is removed, whether or not you applied LAA to JSGME.

JSGME still will do a file compare of your installation after removing all mods and compare it with the original install. If it flags differences you have corruption, and it's not restricted to mod soup. At that point JSGME cannot fix the problem and a complete deletion and reinstallation of the game is necessary.

I have published a tool, Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Management System (SH4CMS) over in the Subsim download area, that is meant to be used immediately upon initial installation of SH4 and before the game is ever played. SH4CMS installs MultiSH4, Large Address Aware and JSGME. It produces a protected file repository of original game files in a directory named \SH4Pristine, which sits beside your \Wolves of the Pacific Directory. It will produce independent game installations for use with different mod configurations so you don't have everything in one directory, just daring your to mix them up. It uses MultiSH4 for that.

But the most important thing it does is gives you a real solution for when you uninstall all your mods, do a JSGME game file compare and it says your game isn't original any more. With one menu selection SH4CMS will completely repair your game without the necessity to reinstall. This is especially handy for those who bought the downloaded U-boat Missions with the one time install code. Instead of waiting for Direct2Drive to get back to you you can be playing SH4 again in ten minutes after you push the button! Even better, you can load up your last save, and if it isn't corrupted (a very rare thing) you can resume playing as if nothing had ever happened in ten minutes!

And, of course, JSGME continues to be available as a download in the Subsim Download area.