Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First ghost recon dlc price and dated | Forums

First ghost recon dlc price and dated

With the game not even out yet, Ubisoft may have jumped the gun a bit and announced the first piece of post-launch DLC for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Due out on July 3rd, the Arctic Strike Map Pack adds new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer mode, a new Guerrilla Mode co-op map, as well as six new weapons to the Tom Clancy shooter. It’s priced at 800 Microsoft Points / $9.99. Pre-orders through GameStop and Best Buy are available.

With the game not even out for another two weeks, the obvious question is: too soon?
    Last edited by Kizz_4_Prez; 05-10-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Should be part of the inital package.. that's just stretching to see how many people will buy into that. And they will... that's very nasty ubi

Hopefully the new MP mode is another No respawn mode. If so I got my $$$ waiting......
    NEW SOCOM

Fix your connection
    http://adamcook.wordpress.com/2008/0...with-your-ps3/

Playing Respawn is like working out at a Health Club when you could be at a GYM!

It's never too soon for DLC, I think a month after release is the right time.

If you're planning on buying the game, it's probably worth waiting until the DLC comes out. You'll probably be able to pick up both for less than $60 at that point and you'll be getting the whole game - not just the stripped down bits they chose to unlock at launch.

All content should be included on disk.
    -Censorship causes blindness-
    -Knowledge is Power-

I really hope this isn't the 6 or so additional guns that were leaked in the Beta feedback form.

For those wondering, they are:

Assault Rifles:

F2000
    CZS805

PDWs:
    Mk17 PDW
    OCP-11

SMGs:
    BT MP9
    Type 05 JS

This game could really do with just a few more firearms as standard and if these aren't in the full game at launch then it'd be really s***ty.

I mean you could see the F2000 and CZS805 in IGN's stream the other day.
    Seems kind of weird that they'd put DLC content in a review build of the game.

Regards,
    Nexo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexolate View Post
    I really hope this isn't the 6 or so additional guns that were leaked in the Beta feedback form.

For those wondering, they are:

Assault Rifles:

F2000
    CZS805

PDWs:
    Mk17 PDW
    OCP-11

SMGs:
    BT MP9
    Type 05 JS

This game could really do with just a few more firearms as standard and if these aren't in the full game at launch then it'd be really s***ty.

I mean you could see the F2000 and CZS805 in IGN's stream the other day.
    Seems kind of weird that they'd put DLC content in a review build of the game.

Regards,
    Nexo

Nexo....bud....

Welcome to the 21st century. This is how gaming companies are going to be modeled after; meanwhile they work on building the next game in the series. Lets just hope they learn from CoD ELITE and what a cluster duck that was/is.

I'm OK with downloadable content, so long as they're making it worth the money. These are maps that are already made, I'm not looking to pay (like you) 2-3x's a full game price for something that I already purchased once before.

Times are tight for all these days and we can't keep throwing money at something where you're not getting the game time out of it (server downtime, lag, connection issues, etc...)

The model needs to change and make so it's not pricing players out of the market seeing as most companies now days have multiple title releases. How can they expect people to keep buying if they're spending their money on DLC every 2-3 months? Usually the players leave for something else because it's the same stuff just regurgitated.

But we'll see, we'll see....

That's my $0.02 (worth less in Europe)

HEAT

How about a hardcore mode without all of the nooby intel trash (and gl's), ill pay 800 points for that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PersianBANG View Post
    How about a hardcore mode without all of the nooby intel trash (and gl's), ill pay 800 points for that.
    I wouldn't be surprised anymore to see something new come out in regards to game play. Think it's just a "hurry up and wait" kind of mentality we'll have to adopt for the next week and a half.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast