Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with all the American hate for this game? | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

I'm indifferent to all this as a Canadian..

vita game anyone? This is from 1755-1783 and the french revolution was from 1789-1799.
    Why make a new assassin go somewhere when you already have a young one ready to fight?

Banned
    [spam]
    Last edited by dom1999; 05-11-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bfi_97 View Post
    I´m going to have comment on this. Yes, it´s just game, but how does that hurt anyone any less? I don´t understand why people say "HURR DURR it´s just game" but they never say for example, "HURR DURR it´s just a book".

A sensitive topic is a sensitive topic no matter which way one broaches it.
    Because games are works of fiction, meant to be fun, not educative or historically accurate (some games might be so, but thats not the main objective of most games). If the said book was a fiction then people should go hurr durr there too.

Because American post-Invasion setting is boring. And maybe because the majority of peeps in this forum are from Europe.

*cough*

Its a game, with some history thrown in. An entertainment medium. Chill out and enjoy it. None of you have played the game yet, so have no idea how the game will portray any of the sides involved in the setting and conflict, as well as the sensitive issues present at the time.

You don't see me up in arms about none of the trailers addressing the issue of slavery at the time do you. why can't people just enjoy stuff nowadays?

I'm done with this topic. When you all decide to have fun, give me a shout.

To put it simply, I think the hate is stemming from the contradiction between what the developers are saying about making a balanced game, and the advertisers who can't seem to get the Jingo out of their system.

It was a lot clearer with the advertising for past games that the chief character was neutral, the only time the Assassin has been perceived to take a side was when Ezio put himself briefly on the side of the Ottomans - and that didn't show up in the advertising at all (as I recall).

Now we have Connar who is also supposed to be neutral, yet the advertisers have him talking about outsiders, followed by the UK flag, and the 'truly free' followed by the old US one - and it's that which is causing problems. Not the killing of redcoats, seeing as they are naturally going to be the bulk of the guards hanging around, untill the war is over, and any bluecoat killing is likly to be spoiler related.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Locopells; 05-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EscoBlades View Post
    You don't see me up in arms about none of the trailers addressing the issue of slavery at the time do you?
    They've already said that they wouldn't be addressing that though - so no contradiction as per my last post.

I'm British (English if you want to be precise) and I honestly don't care that I'm killing British troops or whatever.
    ------------------------

Yes, my signature is outdated. Shut up.

Same here - like I said, they're naturally going to be the bulk of the guards hanging around, untill the war is over. Think of Acre in AC1.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast