Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How does scoring work? (FAQ) | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I just reviewed each section of smoke on the water. Every note in the song is worth 155 or 156. Which means there are about 640 notes in the song.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I 100%'d Black, and had an 87 note streak, so 87 things in the song. 100k/87 = 1149.425...

Each chord is worth 1150 or 1149. At :55ish, a Perfect Phrase message appears, accompanied by no bonus. Hot Streak x50 appears at 3:30, no change in scoring.
    Last edited by cgeorg; 05-10-2012 at 04:18 PM.

That'sd very interesting - chords and notes are equivalent?
    I'm just reviewing a High and Dry Chord video, - every chord event so far is 806 or 807 points

Awesome post, research, and subject!

Is the base score on a MM performance simply double the NMM performance? So each note is worth 2x the NMM note? So each note in say Smoke on the Water is 311 to hit 200K with no bonuses whatsoever?
    Track your Rocksmith progress at http://rsevolve.com!

Selurevad, I would say yes. The interesting question is, do bonuses double? I think I have seen groove bonus messages during replay that say +250, but replay is fairly unreliable, and you can't actually see your score adding up in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Selurevad View Post
    Awesome post, research, and subject!

Is the base score on a MM performance simply double the NMM performance? So each note is worth 2x the NMM note? So each note in say Smoke on the Water is 311 to hit 200K with no bonuses whatsoever?
    It is very likely that everything in MM is just doubled because similar MM and NMM runs produce a very close to a doubled score. EVen though we can see a replay video of a MM run, the score does not show up, so we will never know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarsott View Post
    It is very likely that everything in MM is just doubled because similar MM and NMM runs produce a very close to a doubled score. EVen though we can see a replay video of a MM run, the score does not show up, so we will never know for sure.
    Good point - otherwise MM scores would be regular +100k

Every week (for the weekly challenges), I have been plotting my scores in excel. I have broken the scores down into the sections defined by Rocksmith in riff repeater and then jotted my scores down for the start & end of each section. It makes it really easy for me to see where I stand to improve and where I am the most consistent. I am able to see clearly how to approach each section and get the most points out of it.

I watched cgeorg's video for Public Enemy No. 1 and used that as my guide this week and I actually beat him in the intro section & pre-chorus, but he beat me everywhere else. I am getting like 3 groove bonuses in the intro and my score is in the mid-high 3000's for that section. If I don't get the groove bonuses I am in the low 2000's. If I hit a streak or don't hit a streak, my score does not change much (other than the loss of points for the note missed).

This leads me to believe that the note streak really has no bearing whatsoever on the score and honestly doesn't mean much other than you didn't miss a note in (x) amount of notes. So, while impressive (when SeattleSauve is 99% and 1000 NS'ng songs), it doesn't give any boost to score. This would explain why lower % and NS can beat higher % and NS. Those bonuses are killer.

Day-um!!! Then I can relax about my poor note streaks. WOOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    Day-um!!! Then I can relax about my poor note streaks. WOOT!!!!

Yeah, I would agree that note streaks don't seem to really add anything to score. I thought they did originally, if they do add anything it is a very small amount.

That said, groove has the ability to add a huge amount, so groove will usually dwarf the other bonuses.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast