Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite "Discovery" on Rocksmith | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Your favourite "Discovery" on Rocksmith

What band have you "discovered" on RS that have particularly impressed you?
    For me it's Little Barrie, I never heard of them before but have now gotten all three of their albums and think they're really excellent. Sadly they're not touring right now but if they're ever close by then I'll be there and I'd love to see more songs from them available as DLC.

I have also discovered that I far prefer playing Megadeth to listening to them. Which is probably an odd thing to say but there ya go.
    Last edited by KinchBlade; 05-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Within Rocksmith I'd say Little Barrie too. However, after RS got me back into playing for a while I decided to pick up a used Gibson SG. I found one pretty cheap on Craigslist, went and bought it. It clearly had been gigged for years and the case was rather interesting with lots of artwork and stickers etc. The seller had said something about a Boston punk band and later I found a name within the artwork. I looked it up and it led me to "Dead Cats Dead Rats". I've been listening to their stuff since.

Probably my favorite not already owned song in RS is "I Can't Hear You" or "Islands"... None of the groups that I hadn't heard of ended up on the Ipod, though, so I guess no one struck me like it did you guys...

For me the big discovery was The Black Keys--hadn't heard them before, for some reason, and I really like their style. Second would be Best Coast; how can you not like retro surf music with modern sensibilities. I've added videos from both to my playlists.

Absolutely.If I hadn't heard the Black Keys before then they would indeed be an easy Number 1 for me too. But I had, so they're not. I'd happily take more Black Keys DLC too.

Black keys. Never heard of them before. But now it seems I can't walk into a pub or anything without hearing gold on the celling, and they were playing an arena show sometime here in Calgary, not sure if it happened yet or not. One minute never heard of them, the next they're all over my Xbox and selling out in my city.

there's a few others too like surf hell, or that Jenny O. Song I think is kinda neat.

Jenny O--that was the other one I wanted to mention. I love that song, though I can't play it worth a darn.

The XX, Jack White...

Muse.
    I really love Unnatural Selection.

The Black Keys for me too. As much as I love my local Rock Station (101.1 WJRR out of Orlando FL) they never play anything by The Black Keys. Funny thing is Gold on the Ceiling is constantly in their top 10 on demand songs on their web site. Go figure.

Proud member of 2old2play.com, a community for older gamers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast