Thread: Idle Curiosity about Gold Star Posts - A question for the moderators? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Idle Curiosity about Gold Star Posts - A question for the moderators?

After wondering about this for several weeks, I'm gonna just ask: What's the deal with the gold stars next to SOME (but not many) forum posts? Virtually all posts which have any stars have 5 stars, although I did see one with one star earlier tonight.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If you go into a thread, you'll see an option in the upper right labeled "Rate This Thread"--it lets you vote on the thread, and shows up on the main page as an average of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana View Post
    If you go into a thread, you'll see an option in the upper right labeled "Rate This Thread"--it lets you vote on the thread, and shows up on the main page as an average of the votes.
    Well, I'll be darned - never noticed that before. Wow - there's a whole bunch of other crap you can do up there too! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JTCoop View Post
    Well, I'll be darned - never noticed that before. Wow - there's a whole bunch of other crap you can do up there too! Thanks.

I'm amazed anybody actually does it though - I never have. Why would one do such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KinchBlade View Post
    I'm amazed anybody actually does it though - I never have. Why would one do such a thing?
    It's probably more useful on a deal site, where you can look at the "best" deals by checking the stars... Here, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by KinchBlade View Post
    I think the only votes anyone ever really uses are 5 stars ("Woohoo, I really love this thread and want it to stand out!") or 1 star ("I hate this thread and want to voice my opinion in a way visible to the whole board.").

As an example of a practical use, when our buddy green_cigar went on his obscene thread-making kick, I went through and rated them all 1 star so the mods would have an easier time tracking them all down when they unleashed the baninator.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana View Post
    I think the only votes anyone ever really uses are 5 stars ("Woohoo, I really love this thread and want it to stand out!") or 1 star ("I hate this thread and want to voice my opinion in a way visible to the whole board.").
    I rate this comment 3 stars.

I knew someone would do that!