Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Did you think no one would notice? No one would miss it? | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIsaac View Post
    No, not really.
    Simple Example; I can easily use that same data to say, "94% of gamers think that Ubisoft is wrong." Doesn't matter if it's only 94% out of 200 or 10mil, I don't need to specify numbers, just the results.
    Yes. Because, by nature, humans are oh so very stable and in no way will we have a ever varying depth of opinion and knowledge about said topic and every two hundred of us will answer the same way as the last two hundred.
    There's not much point having a discussion with you. You don't understand the subject and don't seem too inclined to even carry out some basic research into statistics. Come back with a rationale based on some kind of statistical probability consideration in it and we can carry on.

8 out of 10 cat owners, enough said.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2012 gaming sucks. Gaming is now recognized and established alongside other types of media, it no longer caters for niche audiences. All gaming now is just getting a quick cash in, catering for as many people as possible throwing out any means of originality or skill so the derp masses can pick it up without using their brains.
    Take me back to the late 90's/early 00's when intelligence and skill were praised, rather than good graphics and 'awesome' gimmicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Supressivefire View Post
    2012 gaming sucks. Gaming is now recognized and established alongside other types of media, it no longer caters for niche audiences. All gaming now is just getting a quick cash in, catering for as many people as possible throwing out any means of originality or skill so the derp masses can pick it up without using their brains.
    Take me back to the late 90's/early 00's when intelligence and skill were praised, rather than good graphics and 'awesome' gimmicks.
    You played dark souls? Just an awesome experience, hard as hell at some parts sometimes a little cheap but yeah still awesome. Just because some things popular don't always mean it's bad. I mean look at some films they are get rich quick films sure but there will always be creativity in the film industry at some level or another don't be so cynical about it. and besides the years 5 months in chill the duck out.

this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    How can you ascertain such a specific percentage of approval or disapproval for a product that we have only seen a small portion of. Two maps and two modes from the MP component is enough to determine that the overall gaming population won't like it? How whimsically radical.....and bogus. The first 200 hundred barely informed (and somewhat overly critical [you're too close to it, it's too personal]) opinions on a PORTION of a game, bear little relevance in regard to the overall mass appeal, but they may certainly be valuable as a test group to identify real glitches.
    There was no specific percentage. There was a range of confidence given based on the sample size for a given population, and what the percentage of the sample voted. How? Basic stats, basic online lookups to calc the figures, dyor etc.

It also wasn't a vote for or against the product - why do you guys keep jumping to that false conclusion? I'm referring to a simple poll asking if people would prefer room customisation or not. Amongst the 97% yes vote there will no doubt be a range of opinions about the "product" from good to bad. For what it's worth, I like it, I'll buy it, my clan mates are divided on it but we would all prefer to be able to play in rooms with settings we can select.

I agree, two maps and two modes is not enough to ascertain approval of the game, (although you should note there are only 10 maps and 4 game modes in total on release) but where am I suggesting this was anything to do with approval of the game? A simple poll on a simple aspect of the game, simple stats. You've just bent what has actually been written to fit into your opinion.

And I love it so much when people who don't actually work in marketting or have relevant knowledge of product adoption rates and profit, like to tell Ubi how if they "don't do what I think they should", (sometimes that's ACTUALLY what they say) their product will fail. It gives me lots of LoLs. Market analysts with 100% accuracy rates and Superiority complexes no less..
    You're just adding points that haven't been made and adapting what has been. I can guess why and you already mentioned it.

And I realize that this post may sound arsey, sorry about that. I'm really meaning it with good disposition and intent.
    Glad to hear it. Ignore all the rhetoric, here's what the OP was really on about;

"They took a series that survived on custom rooms and options (much like Ghost Recon) and took those options away"

So what is your actual opinion about the actual topic of room customisation on GRFS?

Quote Originally Posted by johnoo0o0 View Post
    You played dark souls? Just an awesome experience, hard as hell at some parts sometimes a little cheap but yeah still awesome. Just because some things popular don't always mean it's bad. I mean look at some films they are get rich quick films sure but there will always be creativity in the film industry at some level or another don't be so cynical about it. and besides the years 5 months in chill the duck out.
    Yeah It's rare a game challenges me as much as that game, very addictive though. I'm only talking about the majority of games, I mean there's some great games out i am enjoying thoroughly at the moment: Sniper Elite V2, Birds of Steel and next will be Max Payne 3! But just look at how many gaming series have changed to cater for a more casual audience, finding a game original/ or has original ideas is quite difficult. I mean just look at what happened to Call of Juarez, Operation Flashpoint and Socom when they tried to cater for everyone, didn't end very well. But that's not to say I hate all big games, I just wish developers would stick to what made their game popular in the first place, but that's easier said than done in these hard times.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456