Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you think no one would notice? No one would miss it? | Forums

It's 20freakin12 ...there are hundreds of game programs on tv and lots of i-net gaming sites these days... next to that, they make tons of commercials..and there is also x-box marketplace..
    Kids these days are all over i-net with there i-phones and what not..they don't even know, or give a rats *** about some hardcore fans.
    You are important, but in the end ubisoft don't depend on a couple of hardcore fans to sell there games!..

The old gamers are in a hughe minority here..there are far more young gamers now, then there are old gamers..and there are also a lot of old gamers like me, who don' reallyt mind some of these changes..(some changes)
    It has to be faster and easier and with hughe movie like explosions and crap..to pay the bill

And about the optional things...you don't know for sure if it's possible or not, because the game's not out yet..they also told us that there won't be a hardcore mode and i just saw a vid that shows that campaign does have a elite mode...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Bassie52 View Post
    Your opinion is important, but you and your club of "hardcore" fans really don't pay the bill now do they..you are but a dot on the rader in comparison to the people who don't go to forums or have a clan.....
    Well, let's just do the math shall we.

The forums represent a sample of the overall gaming population. Are they a representative sample? Probably or there wouldn't be a forum.

And can we have any confidence that the poll that wanted customisation was a big enough sample when 97% voted for it? Well yes frankly.

Assuming a population of 10 million copies of this game are sold - beating GRAW by a factor of 5 and making this a run away success - then 200 or so voters mean we can have a 99% confidence (higher than the usual 95%) that between 94% and 100% of the entire population, all 10 million, would want customisation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination

I don't know how you do your adding, but in my books casual+hardcore keeps coming up as a bigger number than casual on its own so the hardcore are helping pay the bill. Besides which this is not a hardcore vs casual debate so stop making it one. The only dot on any radar is the number of people who don't want customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by AI.BLUEFOX View Post
    Assuming a population of 10 million copies of this game are sold - beating GRAW by a factor of 5 and making this a run away success - then 200 or so voters mean we can have a 99% confidence (higher than the usual 95%) that between 94% and 100% of the entire population, all 10 million, would want customisation.
    That is a completely silly thing to say.
    "Two hundred voters on the forums speak for ten million."
    No, just no.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIsaac View Post
    That is a completely silly thing to say.
    "Two hundred voters on the forums speak for ten million."
    No, just no.
    That's like saying just because you have a 50/50 chance of a coin landing on "heads" - that the rest of the world's chances aren't going to reflect that, because there are millions of people out there, and who knows, you just can't know.

Quote Originally Posted by bakesalee View Post
    That's like saying just because you have a 50/50 chance of a coin landing on "heads" - that the rest of the world's chances aren't going to reflect that, because there are millions of people out there, and who knows, you just can't know.
    There's always a chance the coin lands on it's side and stays there instead of falling over.

Quote Originally Posted by Auztinito View Post
    No comment.Request for thread to be closed.Have enough negative threads.
    Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by kingGILLEY View Post
    Troll^^^ request member to be temporarily banned.
    You're calling him a troll? Oh, the irony.

@ bluefox
    1 forums are a gathering of people with the same interests..nothing special
    2 i also want customisations, everyone does, but i'm only reacting on the OP's thread, because he's talking about how hardcore fans make or brake this game and with socom 4 as an example.
    and with that, he is the one who creates a hardcore vs casual debate and i am correcting that.
    3 your calculation is great, but how about all those years of hardcore fans talking on forums about how GR should be after GRAW, with hughe posts and polls and what not..and yet the game is still completely different from what they want??...doesn't that ring a bell?..
    Zipper turned socom 4 in to crap..with or without customisation..don't need a hardcore fan to tell me that..IT'S CRAP!

Don't worry. Ubisoft will get the well deserved wake up call when this game gets hammered in reviews and sells poorly. Maybe then they will realize that simply coping other games will surely result in failure when you don't have talent equal to those behind the entity you're emulating. Like I stated since the start of the beta, this will surely be this year's Socom 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie07 View Post
    Don't worry. Ubisoft will get the well deserved wake up call when this game gets hammered in reviews and sells poorly. Maybe then they will realize that simply coping other games will surely result in failure when you don't have talent equal to those behind the entity you're emulating. Like I stated since the start of the beta, this will surely be this year's Socom 4.
    I don't think I have read one bad preview of this game for MP, Guerilla or SP so I think bad reviews will be in the very small minority. I anticipate this game getting high 80's possibly low 90's. The fact that some fanboys are peeved about not getting their questions answered is a drop in the ocean. Its also a fact that most people who played the beta and those who will buy the game never will come on to these forums. You all slate the game and the devs but at the end of the day you will buy the game and either like it or you wont, you will either stick with it or you wont, who cares!!!. And try informing the general populous of your "talents" before you start mumbling about other peoples failings.

95% of people that play this beta will drop this game quicker than they picked it up come november 13.and leave the real ghost recon players with a dumped hacked broke game fact

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast