Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you think no one would notice? No one would miss it? | Forums

If a rockstar decides to make a dubstep album can he still say his music is ROCK? Ubi can. (sorry for being sarcastic but i really understand the OP) I think it is sad that the franchise is changing into something completely different. I still think it will be better than Socom 4 but i'm sure it will never have the replayability of the original GR or even the GRAW series!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by kingGILLEY View Post
    Where has the idea come from to create a sequel with fewer features and options than the previous iteration? Did you honestly believe it was a good idea to do that? LIke no one would notice? This isnt even about catering to the casual gamers, this is about creating a game that is fundamentally worse than the previous. Do you think a new I-phone would sell if it had fewer features than the previous I-phone? NO. So where in hell did the idea come from that makes it ok to do that for a video game. Did you not learn anything from SOCOM 4? Arguably your close cousin in the tactical third person shooter genre. Each previous SOCOM title sold millions, while SOCOM 4 sold barely more than 0.6 million. And look where Zipper is now. They took a series that survived on custom rooms and options (much like Ghost Recon) and took those options away. They catered to the casual fan base and created a game with fewer features than the previous titles.

The most effective advertising is word of mouth. In an age where EVERYTHING you buy online is rated by the users, you have chosen to upset the most vocal users. Your longtime hardcore fans feel betrayed, and you will hear it. And with poor sales, you will feel it.

I dont know what "studies" show that this is the way to go, but you need to take another look at them.
    +1 Completely Agree. Farewell Redstorm. Ubisoft will be ok for now because of Assassin's Creed IMO.
    Captain of The Short Bus Riders | www.TheShortBusRiders.com

As a brand new user to the ghost recon series, and coming from the socom 3 era, I've been pretty amazed at the animations and cover system this game has. Shooting seems solid as well. But even playing the beta for the last week I'm starting to wonder about pulling my preorder now. Maps are too small, mainly, but the biggest issue with me is the spawn camping sensor grenade spammers. Which actually wouldn't be much of an issue if the maps were BIGGER. Id hate to say but the only "modern" shooter of today that did cramped maps right was homefront.

What is with you guys with the complaining i mean i kinda understand and don't at the same time on why you guys are mad. The first Ghost Recon that i played was Ghost Recon 2 and when i beat the game that was it. I wash i had the stuff to go online back then but i had no ps2 or the xbox i played it on the gamecube i would of like to play online if i had a ps2 or an xbox. So therefor i don't get why you guys are mad i understand why you guys are mad and maybe its a big change to the beloved series. Video games are supposed to be fun and to get you away from whats going on in you'r life anyway that.s my take.

Where has the idea come from to create a sequel with fewer features and options than the previous iteration? Did you honestly believe it was a good idea to do that? LIke no one would notice? This isnt even about catering to the casual gamers, this is about creating a game that is fundamentally worse than the previous. Do you think a new I-phone would sell if it had fewer features than the previous I-phone? NO. So where in hell did the idea come from that makes it ok to do that for a video game. Did you not learn anything from SOCOM 4? Arguably your close cousin in the tactical third person shooter genre. Each previous SOCOM title sold millions, while SOCOM 4 sold barely more than 0.6 million. And look where Zipper is now. They took a series that survived on custom rooms and options (much like Ghost Recon) and took those options away. They catered to the casual fan base and created a game with fewer features than the previous titles.

The most effective advertising is word of mouth. In an age where EVERYTHING you buy online is rated by the users, you have chosen to upset the most vocal users. Your longtime hardcore fans feel betrayed, and you will hear it. And with poor sales, you will feel it.

I dont know what "studies" show that this is the way to go, but you need to take another look at them.
    yes... yessss.... Now let the hate flow through you....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Shade View Post
    The Dev team are reading the forums, as shown by the many fixes already rolled out..

Just in case you are unaware.

There is also an edit post option, should you wish to add more to your posts - incase you missed that as well - rather than double posting.
    Thanks for being a true professional Mr Shade. There are issues with this game such as PS3 voice chat that really should take precedent but it really is an amazing game. So i hope you and the devs dont think everyone thinks its bad because it truly is a great game

yeah it's different then the first titles, but making a good lookin game these days, costs a sheitload of money..they are trying to find a balance between new and old type of gamer, to suport those costs. Everytime there's a new next gen console coming out, these games get more and more expensive to make..the 720 or ps4 wil even double these costs, so they better find a way to hit a bigger audience, or otherwise they loose a lot of money.you wil see small game companies having a really hard time in 2015..
    Your opinion is important, but you and your club of "hardcore" fans really don't pay the bill now do they..you are but a dot on the rader in comparison to the people who don't go to forums or have a clan...And stop comparing this with socom, because socom had crap written all over it..it's not even funny how they that game up..you can see and freakin smell that from miles away, with or without the "hardcore" fan base telling people or whatever..
    Last edited by EvilPixieGrrr; 05-08-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: deleted swear filter work-around

Troll^^^ request member to be temporarily banned.
    I agree with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Shade View Post
    The Dev team are reading the forums, as shown by the many fixes already rolled out..

Just in case you are unaware.

There is also an edit post option, should you wish to add more to your posts - incase you missed that as well - rather than double posting.
    all they have done is made little tweeks they r saying nothing about what other stuff they doing with the game.bottom line is they will not say anything.they think most of us will just spend our money then bin the game.thank the lord its out a few days in america before we buy it.i hope this flops and failsbig time and they bring out graw 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassie52 View Post
    yeah it's different then the first titles, but making a good lookin game these days, costs a sheitload of money..they are trying to find a balance between new and old type of gamer, to suport those costs. Everytime there's a new next gen console coming out, these games get more and more expensive to make..the 720 or ps4 wil even double these costs, so they better find a way to hit a bigger audience, or otherwise they loose a lot of money.you wil see small game companies having a really hard time in 2015..
    Your opinion is important, but you and your club of "hardcore" fans really don't pay the bill now do they..you are but a dot on the rader in comparison to the people who don't go to forums or have a clan...And stop comparing this with socom, because socom had crap written all over it..it's not even funny how they fu(ked that game up..you can see and freakin smell that from miles away, with or without the "hardcore" fan base telling people or whatever..
    This is why they need to keep these features in so they attract the biggest audience they can. Plus these same hardcore players are what get the word of mouth going and help franchises grow. Take COD for example it started out not as the casual mans game but just a fun solid shooter but because of these early adopters and telling casual friends has grown that franchise to be a massive mainstream game.

The core gamer shouldn't be ignored ever as they will be the ones that buy first especially when a new generation of consoles start and if UBI wants a game to sell well on the new platforms then they better continue supporting the core audience as these are the people buying consoles in the early days.

Plus you know these custom features would have been and probably still are fairly easy to implement. on/off toggle for each setting and as new UI screen to support it. Done with a little QA.

i just don't see the issue here.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast