Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The first AC video ... with surprises ... | Forums

Zapages always with more information to show us Really, this is similar to the movie. The Assassins served the King until he got rid of them

POP FANS IN ENGLISH: popfans-eng.foroactivo.com
    Y POP Fans EN ESPAÑOL www.princeofpersiafans.foroactivo.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The end of the clip says POP Team 2004 so they were working on this around the time of Warrior Within.
    Makes me think about what Zapages said a few months ago, about a new POP being made that looks more like AC ......
    In my opinion that would be a bad idea, having 2 different franchises looking similar on screen.
    I think they should keep POP as different as they can from AC, the 2008 style is a good road to follow and improve.

Co-founder of the mighty Lightbringers ! Join us here, on DeviantArt and on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by marouane87 View Post
    I was surprised by the release of these art works for the first assassin's creed that was supposed to be a Prince of Persia (like you said):

http://www.ng4a.com/2012/05/مجموعة-من-الأعمال-الفنية-المبكّرة-الت/

and you just confirmed it with a video... why now Ubi... why now...
    Sorry for the off topic, but ****, they need to work on their grammar >_> and I'm saying this as someone who sucks at grammar <_<

ON TOPIC:
    This sounds like a good idea, but imo it didn't feel like PoP, I'm glad this turned into AC, and not PoP, as it doesn't have that magical feeling we love PoP so much for.

My DA gallery
    Oldest active member of the Deathbringers, if you don't like PoP08, join us

And remember that projects that are too ambitious often fail.

-Patience brings rewards...
    -So does walking into a harem covered in chocolate =)
    Member of LightBringers & KaileenaBringers
    http://michae89.deviantart.com/

I feel that there is surely gonna be a POP announcement or a hint surely.
    Prince OF Persia
    DEATHBRINGERS

Watching this clip again makes me think I was right all along - Ubi wanted to have 2 very different franchises: a more realistic one (AC) and a more fantasy orientated one (POP).
    That's why they dumped the little Prince and kept only the assassins and changed the name of the game from POP: Assassins to Assassin's Creed. Then they started a new POP which was totally different from AC.
    Now the question is.....did Ubi changed their mind throughout these years, and are going for a more realistic POP game similar to AC ? like Zapages said ? ..... or they stick to they're original plan and continue with a more fantasy orientated POP ? (meaning POP 2008 will get it's sequel/s)
    What do you guys think ?

Co-founder of the mighty Lightbringers ! Join us here, on DeviantArt and on Twitter

So Was this a cancelled PoP project or the original AC for the last gen that Jacques-Belletete spoke about ?
    Anyway , I think It would have been cool for the last gen

@Grafferu : I just hope to know the rest of Elika's story first and then They could experiment anything
    Last edited by MystWarrior2010; 05-08-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    The Mysterious Warrior

Actually the gameplay footage reminds me of POP 1 and POP 2 (original 2D ones) or even a modern version of POP 3D to a certain degree.

Anyway this is from the project after SOT that became AC...

After SOT there were three projects for next Gen PoP.

POP Zero - modern day/future POP game. - Cancelled
    POP: Assassins: - became AC
    POP: 2008 - open world - illustrative - went through development hell due to open world was not working too well. Ended up with the hub system in the game. - What we got.

PoP 2008 Sequel - became POP TFS for the Wii. - Actual sequel placed on indefinite hold.

As things in the sequel became too different from the core of POP 2008.

The last we heard was that team are working on a brand new PoP that is independent from SOT Saga, 2008 saga, and the original series. The game will be more akin to AC series in some manner. Don't know how, but maybe open world? Upgrade options like in AC of Armor? etc? Horse back riding?

The following is my opinion: POP 2008 was forced to have a fantasy style due to AC having a realistic style. Hence the clash.

I hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by Zapages; 05-08-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapages View Post
    POP 2008 was forced to have a fantasy style due to AC having a realistic style.
    And that's a good thing, POP always had a fantasy style, that's why I love this franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Zapages View Post
    Actually the gameplay footage reminds me of POP 1 and POP 2 (original 2D ones) or even a modern version of POP 3D to a certain degree.

Anyway this is from the project after SOT that became AC...

After SOT there were three projects for next Gen PoP.

POP Zero - modern day/future POP game. - Cancelled
    POP: Assassins: - became AC
    POP: 2008 - open world - illustrative - went through development hell due to open world was not working too well. Ended up with the hub system in the game. - What we got.

PoP 2008 Sequel - became POP TFS for the Wii. - Actual sequel placed on indefinite hold.

As things in the sequel became too different from the core of POP 2008.

The last we heard was that team are working on a brand new PoP that is independent from SOT Saga, 2008 saga, and the original series. The game will be more akin to AC series in some manner. Don't know how, but maybe open world? Upgrade options like in AC of Armor? etc? Horse back riding?

The following is my opinion: POP 2008 was forced to have a fantasy style due to AC having a realistic style. Hence the clash.

I hope this helps a bit.
    I think It is clear now that We won't get the sequel
    but I hope the reboot would have an or arabian nights style like the original or SoT
    The Mysterious Warrior

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast