Thread: New Beta Patch 5/5/2012 | Forums

New Beta Patch 5/5/2012

Its great at boosting fps-go get it !
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

meh.

It might well be good for older spec systems, but i'm deeply underwhelmed by it on my system.

C0ckpit textures are lower res now in wide view, and they've actually just turned of stuff to get the fps increase.

No change for me with 16gb ram, 2500k and 450GTS 1gb. Looks worse and about a 10% drop in the 27fps I was getting before. I'm just so tired of this.

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

I will never DL a beta of anything.

Done my share of beta testing. At first it was fun and I felt like I was making a contribution to the "community".

Now...

I just want to play a well rounded simulation and not fight to make it work.

I'm going to wait for an official release.

Until then it's IL2/46, or another genre altogether.

I hate to see my favorite type of "game" die, but the evidence all points to the death of multiplayer combat flight simulation. The current "best" game is over 10 years old now, DCS is far to limited in scope to be anything but a ****pit procedure simulator, and Rise of Flight has never captured my imagination, even though I have given it two chances to do so.

So there we have it.

No new real competitor on the horizon, and the heir apparent unable to take the throne of the current ruler.

Sad times.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
    Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

Quote Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
    No change for me with 16gb ram, 2500k and 450GTS 1gb. Looks worse and about a 10% drop in the 27fps I was getting before. I'm just so tired of this.
    I think you might do better trading in some of that RAM for a graphics card upgrade.While the 450 may have a reasonable amount of VRAM it wouldnt have great graphics bhp.

Nah, I'd not want to go throwing more money at the thing any time soon. The CloD team (CloTs?) have had enough chances now.
    Later when my other preferred titles need a boost I'll look into another upgrade. But a new graphics card is the least of this games worries.

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely.
    He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."