Thread: What is the role of clans in this game? | Forums

What is the role of clans in this game?

Hi--

I'vebeen playing the beta for a few weeks and loving it.

I'm wondering what role clans will play in the game.

I currently see no area to designate a clan tag, nor do I see any type of clan oriented features. Are all of these clans just congregations of players or will there be some kind of team laddering?

Thanks for your input.

Our main goal is just to build up a solid player base of people who don't suck at this game, under the assumption that if they want this team-based game to succeed in any way, there will be clan support before it goes live.

That being said, they've mentioned more social options/clan support as something they are definitely working on, they just didn't drop too many details.
    --- IGN: PunjiStick ---
    - NON-JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT -
    VISIT US AT WWW.FATANDFURIO.US - APPLY TODAY

(Follow me on Twitch.TV: Twitch.TV/PunjiStick)

I agree, they need to add some team based features. It completes the game if you ask me.

Thanks for your input.

Clans are going to dominate this game as usual. Having an organized attack / defense is much harder to overcome. With communication being key, winning with "randoms" is ALWAYS harder to do. Being able to communicate with all 6 (or 8 I hope) of your team members is the most significant factor.

And Malon, that's not right, fat girls need loving too.....

Quote Originally Posted by TG-TWSTED View Post
    And Malon, that's not right, fat girls need loving too.....
    Not by me they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dmallon589 View Post
    Not by me they don't.
    LOL!!! That's too funny. So how's that strung up coconut working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by TG-TWSTED View Post
    LOL!!! That's too funny. So how's that strung up coconut working out for you?
    Rough man coconuts are no joke you ever tried opening one?

I think the various clan-leaders are simply trying to get a head start with the clans. It's true there is currently no clan support in the game, but I'm sure there will be in the future; if not during Open Beta, then definitely at Launch. Arad1, Ghost Recon Online's Player Experience Manager said in this post "clans are definitely of high-importance," so I think it is a matter of "when" and not "if."