Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Console Gameplay | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

im worried more and more. the big advantage of CoF is that it has 60FPS which makes it super smooth. with such graphics like FC3 has its impossible to make the controlls as smooth as on pc cause it will run with 30FPS and PCs like the ones on PAX can run Skynet...
    i think i will not pre order untill i have played a demo or beta or at least some magazine is saying that its really smooth on console.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Probably as smooth as FarCry 2 was on consoles

Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    Probably as smooth as FarCry 2 was on consoles
    FC2 on console was everything but not smoth. it was horrible. if it would be as smooth as FC2 the MP would be completley ruined. u would need like 1-2 sec to aim on thr enemy and almost impossible to shoot a running enemy. if it would be the same as FC2 i would not buy this game cause ive never played a game with a more annoying controll

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iiiNero View Post
    FC2 on console was everything but not smoth. it was horrible. if it would be as smooth as FC2 the MP would be completley ruined. u would need like 1-2 sec to aim on thr enemy and almost impossible to shoot a running enemy. if it would be the same as FC2 i would not buy this game cause ive never played a game with a more annoying controll
    But people ask for good graphics also, that must be a bargain. I think it's a very difficult choice for the developers. Why not let console gamers choose with a quality/performance slider ?

well a little improve to the SP controlls would be ok. but the MP seriously needs a major improvement in the controlls. as far as i saw the PC vids this game is very fast paced and with such controlls this game would end in camping fests cause that would be the only way for manys to get a few kills.
    its just that if u develop a MP which obviously wants to imitate CoD in a certain way, u have to have better controlls. if not u have to change the gameplay a bit, make it slower and stuff. but then i would just be a random MP which most people wouldnt care about after 2 weeks...

notice that i speak about console version. PC version will be awesome as u can see in the vids.

Of course it won't be as bad as it was when FC2 was released... That was a terrible console port. And since then Ubisoft has had a good track record with consoles. Its not really rocket science just some decent hours of testing id say.
    I don't think they will have a performance slider on consoles, period. They're inner workings are already just like PCs and having performance sliders would result in companies like sony releasing consoles from the same gen with different performance. And then the main advantage of consoles over PCs is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by TeddytheToad View Post
    Of course it won't be as bad as it was when FC2 was released... That was a terrible console port. And since then Ubisoft has had a good track record with consoles. Its not really rocket science just some decent hours of testing id say.
    I don't think they will have a performance slider on consoles, period. They're inner workings are already just like PCs and having performance sliders would result in companies like sony releasing consoles from the same gen with different performance. And then the main advantage of consoles over PCs is gone...
    hope youre right. the should show console gameplay on E3 finally

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12