Thread: Myst crashing please help | Forums

Myst crashing please help

My myst game is not working... Okay that a lie it works until i click on a door or a lever then it crashes so i can not play on of my epic old windows 95 games all because it is crashing on me.... What a **** i have tried reinstalling it..... Oh that is the other thing the quicktime that comes with myst crashes while trying to install.... This is the original myst not the masterpeice edition. So if it is the quicktime thing i dont know what to do.... It will not play right if i use the latest version of quicktime it has to be the one with the myst game.... Help
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Oh and any other compatibility mode that is not windows 95 will not work
    REDBIRD

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA Madangry's Avatar
    "So if it is the quicktime thing i dont know what to do.... It will not play right if i use the latest version of quicktime it has to be the one with the myst game"

Unfortunately, you have answered your own question, Its the quicktime. Cyan has the rights to Myst again and they recently released an "updated" version. You may want to look into getting that one via steam or www.gog.com. This version is supported up to Windows 7 for OS.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/myst_masterpiece_edition

@ REDBIRD1991

What version of Quick Time are you using to play the Myst game ?

If you have the latest version, it will not work. Before installing the one that comes with the game, you have to delete the present one from the Program Files.
    Last edited by nanoukmetal; 05-03-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: more infos

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA Madangry's Avatar
    Keep in mind you can only have one version of Quicktime installed. If you have Itunes, or have other programs using quicktime they will be effected (affected?) as well.

Thanks i will give the quicktime thing a shot and if not i will have my boyfriend buy me the masterpeice edition.... Let you know how it goes
    REDBIRD

In general,
    1. Install original Myst or Myst Masterpiece Edition (MME) to your C: drive.
    -- a. Be certain that original Myst or MME saves its game progress files to your C: drive.
    -- b. If you have a very small C: that's reserved for system files only, install original Myst or MME to D:. Be certain that original Myst or MME saves its game progress files to D:.
    -- c. Do NOT install the game to an external drive, either USB or E-SATA.
    2. Start original Myst or MME from a fresh boot.
    -- a. Reboot, log into Windows with **full Administrator privileges** (NOT into a Limited User or Power User account), and close all open applications.
    -- b. Disable all anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs running in the background.
    ----- 1. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing original Myst or MME.
    -- c. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it.
    -- d. Do NOT run any other programs before starting original Myst or MME.
    3. Never boot up with a CD or DVD in any disc drive.
    4. If the original Myst or MME disc autostarts when inserted into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
    5. Always start MME with the Desktop shortcut/start icon, NOT from the DVD menu.

Always start original Myst or MME by doing steps 2 through 5, above.

Questions:

1. Which version of Windows are you using (Win XP, Vista, Win 7), and have you run Windows Update in the past week or so?

2. Do you know how to uninstall programs using Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs utility?
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

@ Heimdall G.

For quite a surprise have a look at Redbird first post of this thread !

OK, I looked, don't understand what you mean....
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall_G View Post
    OK, I looked, don't understand what you mean....
    I thought (wrongly) that Miss Redbird's OS was windows 95 on a old Epic computer. Sorry.

See the cooling system on an epic pc(from Montréal Canada)... click here
    Last edited by nanoukmetal; 05-05-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: New info