Thread: Unknown Uru Game Content Claim - Challenged! | Forums

Unknown Uru Game Content Claim - Challenged! "Spoilers"

Technically, I can't recall exactly what single game version I had this content in.
    But my best guess, it was either with the combined Uru-Ages Beyond Myst CD I bought and later downloaded the v1.2 patch for and later added the To D'NI download and PosT to.
    Note: Cyan sent me and I received the FREE CD TO D'NI content, as well as I got the online download back then. I'm assuming I also got the Path of the Shell Expansion 2 download to them also to play. Or do I have it wrong?
    The later released game box CD (MUPotS) MYST URU the Path of the Shell game came with or contained the Uru Ages Beyond Myst and TO D'NI Expansion Pack content. Right?
    Or the (UCC PotS) URU - Complete Chroncles Path of the Shell (2CD) game.
    Don't recall if it had any patches for it or not. Does it?

Technical Hardware: Dell Dimension 8300 OS: WIN XP
    and what ever Service Packs available back in 2004-2005 to it then.
    My Technical Questions:
    Did the UCC PotS game have any patches or updates to down load? Any Fixes?
    2. Does the (UABM) Uru Ages Beyond Myst and the other game CD (UTD) TO D'NI Expansion Pack have a (PotS) Path Of the Shell Expansion Pack 2 that combines together the the first 2 games for playing? Please confirm?
    Having the original game CD (UABM) Uru Ages Beyond Myst and the other game CD (UTD) TO D'NI Expansion Pack, I'm uncertain about what version of the (PotS) that combines with them is? Recently I noticed a forum post here about the 2 Expansion Pack (PotS) Path of the Shell. Did I read that right? So, was that a download I got back then? Or was it a CD?
    If it's a download to and for the UABM & UTD game, is it still available? and where?If not, how can I identify that version of PotS for the first 2 games from my saved down loads from back then?
    3. How should I go about reinstalling my (UABM) Uru Ages Beyond Myst and the other game CD (UTD) TO D'NI Expansion Pack and (PotS) Path of the Shell ?
    I'm fairly certain I had loaded all of these games together back then all on the same hard drive.Trying to recreate the game platform I had before to test out and install some of the old avatar player number/letter save files I have from then to see if I can find or recreate the game content.

BACK GROUND: Playing in-game MO:UL,a (Myst Online Uru Live, again) the cavern topic turned to the game playing differences between the stand alone games and the online game content and the confusion you have between them when you arrive.
    Naturally, I expected my own stand alone game experience I related to be known by all.
    This would be the Upper Gahreesen Age area where the water streams and waterfalls all are.
    The Bevin's Stone Egg Sculpture room and the 5 rooms timed doors puzzle.
    When solved it give access link from the center of the room to the 2nd floor security room (corridor doors with the flashing green lights) that wouldn't open. In side the Security room is pedestal and link book to the upper Gahreesen area.
    You know, the part where if you fall down the waterfalls into the water below you can swim like in Ahnonay water Age. Huh?
    Your making that stuff up! Well then, Prove it! Show me a picture!
    Sure I always have 2004 old KIimage game pictures laying about, wait and let me just grab it!
    Hmm now is it here or in my sheds? My NC vacation storage place?
    With time I may or may not be able to find any of the old KI Pictures or saved game files for that content. However, I figure there is a small chance since I still have all the old game CD's and copies of the patches and down loads, I should be able to replay it again and find it.
    What I don't know, since learning apparently NOBODY else on the planet had ever heard of the game content I described having played thru, is it possible that I stumbled into what I have heard refered to as an Easter Egg? I did try the Q & A for known easter eggs, but found zilch.
    Jahmen Myst JahmenMyst@aol.com
    Last edited by jfcrum; 05-05-2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Insert "SPOILER" in Title & fix visual appearence scramble
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

An image copy of his "To D'ni" cd given to him by Cyan can be seen ... Click here

In general,
    1. Install Uru to your C: drive.
    -- a. Be certain that Uru saves its game progress files to your C: drive.
    2. Start Uru from a fresh boot.
    -- a. Reboot, log into Windows with full Administrator privileges, and close all open applications.
    -- b. Disable all anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs running in the background.
    ----- 1. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing Uru.
    -- c. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it.
    -- d. Do NOT run any other programs before starting Uru.
    3. Never boot up with a CD or DVD in the disc drive.
    4. If the Uru disc autostarts when inserted into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
    5. Always start Uru with the Desktop shortcut/start icon, NOT from the CD menu.

NOTE: Anything that's in a different color (usually blue) type, is a link to another Internet site. Double-left-click on a link to go to its site.

Q. Did the UCC PotS game have any patches or updates to down load? Any Fixes?
    A. PotS contained all of the patches/updates/fixes available through its date of release. No additional downloads are necessary, or desirable.

Q. Does the (UABM) Uru Ages Beyond Myst and the other game CD (UTD) TO D'NI Expansion Pack have a (PotS) Path Of the Shell Expansion Pack 2 that combines together the the first 2 games for playing?
    A. While not "a (PotS) Path Of the Shell Expansion Pack 2", Myst URU: Complete Chronicles contains Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, the To D'ni Expansion Pack, and The Path of the Shell. It's available from Amazon, for example.

Q. How should I go about reinstalling my (UABM) Uru Ages Beyond Myst and the other game CD (UTD) TO D'NI Expansion Pack and (PotS) Path of the Shell?
    A. First, go to Useful Links & Information - PLEASE GO HERE before posting!, and take a look at the wealth of Uru-related info there. (Note that this is one of the stickied topics at the top of the Forum.) Then, see Uru: Clean Boot Install/Re-install With Win XP, under "7. Installing Original Uru followed by PotS, or both disks of CC".
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

I appologize for misunderstanding the Sticky Posted information about game versions.
    While I had run a search on the game content to check for that of which I had played with out results, the game versions posts were un-clear to me.

following versions of Uru have been released for Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP:
    --
    Uru: Ages Beyond Myst or Uru: ABM (CD)
    -- To D'ni, first Expansion Pack (download only)
    --
    Myst Uru: The Path of the Shell or PotS, second Expansion Pack, also contains To D'ni (download or CD - CD recommended)
    --
    Myst Uru: Complete Chronicles or CC (two CD's containing original Uru: Ages Beyond Myst and To D'ni + PotS)

The PotS Expansion Pack also includes To D'ni.

There are two Expansion Packs for original Uru: Ages Beyond Myst.
    -- Expansion Pack 1 is To D'ni.
    -- Expansion Pack 2 is Myst Uru: The Path of the Shell (PotS).

My Confusuion;

How "Expansion Pack" had been use in the above posts.
    I took the posts to mean, since I had the Expansion Pack 1 CD TO D”NI (also downloadable) back then, that their was an additional Expansion Pack 2 CD Path of the Shell, also downloadable back then and then later the Storebox released CD of them all.
    Meaning to me, like the first Expansion Pack 1 loaded into the original URU Ages Beyond Myst game, there was a second Expansion Pack 2 that did as well.
    I downloaded the Path of the Shell back then and assumed it was merged with and into the 2 other prior versions of the game I already had running then.
    This why I have been confused about the Expansion Packs.

Remember, the Expansion Pack 1 merged with or into URU Ages Beyond Myst game.
    So I had assumed the reference use to Expansion Pack 2 Path of the Shell did the same.
    Hope you can see how I took it this way, since I had gotten the TO D'NI Expansion Pack 1 as a CD and as a download.
    An easy assumption to the the Path of the Shell Expansion Pack 2 CD and download reference
    doing the same thing as the first Expansion Pack 1 did and my belief there being a difference between the Expansion Pack 2 and the Storebox CD release.
    Although, I believe my PotS download might have been a merge version to the versions I already had running.

I knew thru research about the Storebox release of Uru – The Path of the Shell on CD and it containing all the former version games content.
    But I didn't consider the storbox CD release to be an Expansion Pack.

I later bought the Storebox Path of the Shell CD and later the Complete Chronicles Path of the Shell 2 CD set.

Back in 2004, we all could call Cyan support and get help. I did so on many occations to get the bug fixes as they became available.
    I believe this was before all the bug fixes became the later v1.2 patch.
    During that time, I became well aquainted with one of the support techs as I downloaded updates and got help.

Given the exclusive game content I seem to have gotten and played that no other explorers appear to know anything about, I can't rule out the possibilty that I received it as some additional down loaded code as exclusive game content.
    "Although, I believe my PotS download might have been a merge version to the versions I already had running."
    Why? Perhaps because a support tech had it and could give it out as hidden joke or it was never expected of me to stumble across and solve the additional content. And yes, it could easily be an "Easter Egg" extra content event also.
    This why I am here in the forums trying to learn and find out more about the game versions and installs.

Just to be clear then.

Question 1:
    (a) UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 was all there was of the first game versions to play? Yes? No?
    (b) The (Referenced) Expansion Pack 2 - TPotS contained the UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 content to play in addition to the TPotS content? Yes? No?

Question 2:
    (a) Was there a downloadable TPotS (TPath of the Shell) Expansion Pack 2 that loaded with or into the UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 game versions? Yes? No?
    (b)
    Was there a downloadable TPotS (TPath of the Shell) Expansion Pack 2 that didn’t contain the UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 game content? Yes? No?
    Last edited by jfcrum; 05-05-2012 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Spelling correction and visual apperence

Question 1:
    (a) UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 was all there was of the first game versions to play? -- Yes.

(b) The (Referenced) Expansion Pack 2 - TPotS contained the UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 content to play in addition to the TPotS content? -- Yes. As above, "Myst Uru: The Path of the Shell or PotS, second Expansion Pack, also contains To D'ni".

Question 2:
    (a) Was there a downloadable TPotS (TPath of the Shell) Expansion Pack 2 that loaded with or into the UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 game versions? -- Yes, try a Google search for "The Path of the Shell download"..

(b) Was there a downloadable TPotS (TPath of the Shell) Expansion Pack 2 that didn’t contain the UABM & v1.2 Patch and UTD Expansion Pack 1 game content? -- No.
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Heimdall_G, I appreciate your time in clarifing the differences to the matter for me

You're welcome.

Enjoy whichever version of Uru you end up playing!
    Heimdall
    Semper ubi sub ubi