Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Red Storm Developer Q&A | Forums

Awesome read, thanks.
    ------------------------------
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

An actual Question, in the Q&A forum...

I am on Xbox 360, and I'm hoping there will be a way to custom-map the layout on my controller. Any news about this feature?

Good read.

Thanks Brock, Red Storm, UbiSoft.

Great interview. There was no holding back with the questions which were in turn followed up by great answers, especially in regards to map size.
    I understand the decision now. Look forward to the game release & these maps with direction.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
    A lot of people on here complain they're asSes off (myself included) but one thing here has got to be acknowledged - even by the knuckle heads.
    There are many BIG Game companies that would not even bother speaking out in the forums or immediately fixing things right away, let alone in a Beta.

I respect you for that Ubi, Red Storm.
    I have been to many forums and this is not common practice from the BIG corps.

As you can see, there are some still whining on here even after this well placed interview. Just know, there are also some of us on here whom appreciate your approach, candidness to your customers & fans all the same. Thanks.
    Last edited by odi0n2009; 05-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by odi0n2009 View Post
    As you can see, there are some still whining on here even after this well placed interview. Just know, there are also some of us on here whom appreciate your approach, candidness to your customers & fans all the same. Thanks.
    Agreed. RSE is spewing updates out for this beta like there's no tomorrow. You can really see they are trying to get it perfect. There will always be issues but it's great to see a company working on the issues daily. Then, the rest of Ubi that working on the campaign seemed to of done very good as well. I'm a lil shaky on the lack of split-screen in all portions of the game but I can now see why there's none for the multiplayer. The two-years of working, then scrapping the original idea, then working again seemed to of paid off. Can't wait for the release in lil more than 2 weeks!

This may seem a lil bit early to ask as well, but (I know you can't reveal any exact numbers just yet) any intentions to make DLC for not just maps for MP and guerilla, but weapons or missions as well?

Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannibal_III View Post
    Absolutely. Canceled my pre-order today, and it was already paid in full at GameStop a couple of weeks ago. If Ubisoft decides to correct the missteps taken with Future Soldier (e.g. - bigger maps, full customization of private matches, etc.) I'll use my in-store credit towards the purchase of a pre-owned copy of the game...
    just a reminder to those informed peeps planing to buy a copy at a later time. Remember that ubisoft uses ubi passport now and buying a pre-owned copy means you will need a passport to play online. probabley best if you wait for a amazon bestbuy brand new special offer if you are trying to save money!
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkieMurdie View Post
    just a reminder to those informed peeps planing to buy a copy at a later time. Remember that ubisoft uses ubi passport now and buying a pre-owned copy means you will need a passport to play online. probabley best if you wait for a amazon bestbuy brand new special offer if you are trying to save money!
    ^This.
    Good Advice for you waiting for the used bin buyers.

If Splinter Cell Conviction is any guide, this game will be half price within a month of its release.

I don't understand why people are complaining, this isn't Ghost Recon. I loved the original Ghost Recon, and the Island Thunder and Desert Siege Expansions, but was Ghost Recon 2 anything like these? No. Was it still a good game? Yes. Was it still Ghost Recon? Yes. Then GRAW and GRAW 2 came out. Again completely changing the game and still being good games and still being Ghost Recon. With Future Soldier since its a new game, don't we want it to be different? Or do we really want it to go back to a FPS where one shot to the leg had you limping the rest of the round and a second shot ended your game?I think this is the next phase of Ghost Recon and it seems like a cool direction. While I love the original Ghost Recon and its sometimes brutal realism, I've liked the new Future Soldier so far. Shouldn't we be thankful that there's at least one developer out there that isn't afraid to completely change things up every other title to release a fresh game rather than just churn out another MW4, 5 or 6 with Black Ops and World War tangents that are just crappy copies of the MWs?With Ghost Recon you actually get a new game with each title that focus around the awesome themes you can't find anywhere else. In the end, I think Red Storm should release this new Ghost Recon as it is, and release the original Ghost Recon for those who want to revisit the past.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Why did it change?)

This is really for the designers of the game and to piggyback off of JetSpiderMan's post.

I feel for one the game has gotten better in terms of upgrades. Somethings however have made the game worse.

My first disappointment is the camera jumping up and down as you run. Who's smart idea was that. Just because its in Call of duty or Medal of Honor doesn't make it a good feature or make you enjoy it more. I personally get nauseous when the camera does that. I like GR because it doesn't do that. I know I'm playing a game. Some things don't need to be reflected in a video.

My second dislike is the change of the controls. We've been playing this game for five years. We're kinda used to the controls. I understand there are new things that have been added but changing what we're used to is a big step (I may just be speaking for me).

Last word to designers of the game is to take a look back at GRAW2 and check out the mechanics of the game. Not that what you haven't done isn't good. It's just not GR like we are used to. Take a look at the fact that people are still playing this game faithfully after 5 years. The game is still picking up new players due to the upcoming release. It may be too late to change these or any other changes to the upcoming game with two weeks to go. But with having played the beta. I am truly disappoint and will continue to play GRAW2.

Quote Originally Posted by JetSpiderMan View Post
    I wish he wouldnt run around the question that is "Why is this not Ghost Recon?"

I been here since I was 12, I am now 21, I really think that the "Future" screwed this game up, nobody enjoys the intel at all, it takes away from the game, whats going to happen in a siege map, you are on defense and you're the last one alive against 5 others, all they gotta do is uav the map and bam ur basically screwed.

Ubisoft, DO NOT DO WHAT CALL OF DUTY IS DOING!!! This is not a FUTURE RACE!! you don't have to be in the future, all these uavs and things are great in REAL WORLD COMBAT, not in a 6v6 quarter mile sized map....

Stick to your guys roots, go back and play SUMMIT STRIKE for weeks and just feel how different and more real it feels........ you guys could have literally just made 100's of maps on graw2 and been set, or just made graw3

ps why did they get rid of the cross com in the future?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast