Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Storm Developer Q&A | Forums

Last thing, as much as I respect your guys decision for having the Intel "wheel" or "dial" or whatever you want to call it, it feels useless and clunky. When I bring up the dial, I'd rather have them showing me an arrow of where my teammates are on my HUD and if they die, change the arrow to a skull (kind of in a sense being tech-linked to one another). There's no reason to add a little trail to show players "this is the path to follow" which a lot of the gamers who use and see this will believe that it was created to be implemented for that purpose. Please bear in mind that with your small map choices, I won't have time to bring up a dial that covers my screen and choose "Hmm... should I follow this guy, this girl, this guy and girl or the objective?" You've upped the pace so this is one thing that should've caught someone's eye. If I really want to see what the team is up to and how everyone is moving around or where objectives are placed, I can just use the Tactical Map right when I spawn, plan my route and go on my merry way without ever using the dial. How about possibly nerfing the dial and moving the Tac Map b u t t o n to "RB" instead of the "back" b u t t o n. Other than that, nice small tweaks and I hope to see some more in the future! Keep it up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Glaswegian currently living in Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SOLDIER View Post
    Wish the developers would've answered our questions relating to dedicated servers and the lag issue...
    I Disagree although most fans would agree on the performance issue, I felt brock post are better answering design decisions and direction. I know for many the change is very dramatic but in the early days of the beta there was a lot of rejection.
    As time has rolled on and answers come out there has been better understanding so I value this feedback. It's better to have statements on how gr evolved to where it is today. Questions on performance issues as you have highlighted have a short term relevancy in the life cycle of the product and usually become less significant as time rolls on. However the design q's are timeless.

Thanks for sharing these with the community Brock!
    "This game is totally the right type of wrong for me though! LOL" said about OPF:RR.

Don't dum down tactical shooters for a slice of COD pie! YUMM! COD PIE!

Perhaps one of the most important Q&As in it is

With the release date approaching fast, how can you possibly fix the issues identified in the beta?

The beta build is quite a bit older than the final release build will be. We’ve already fixed a lot of the issues that people might see in the beta.There are many other things we can tune remotely to respond to issues that appear, and we plan to keep doing that. Red Storm and Ubisoft are committed to supporting the game after it launches.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I want to reply to that Mush but I fear it will open a large can of worms and I have only just eaten.

Maybe we should start a "Wish" list of all the improvements we hope are going to be in the retail copy. here's mine for what its worth.

1. Changeable options in private/unranked lobbys, yes I know its an unpopular choice but each to their own.

Actually thats all, I am pretty happy with everything else. Any concerns how this isnt Ghost recon are just plain stupid, if I want to play GRAW I will go and pop my GRAW 2 disc in and have a blast but this is GRFS and a sweet game it is too. And it will be at least a week before I start on the MP with sweet sweet coop campaign and Guerilla mode with my buddies to go through first.
    Last edited by JediMonkeyxDoW; 05-03-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Awwwe B U T T O N S!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMonkeyxDoW View Post
    I want to reply to that Mush but I fear it will open a large can of worms and I have only just eaten.

Maybe we should start a "Wish" list of all the improvements we hope are going to be in the retail copy. here's mine for what its worth.

1. Changeable options in private/unranked lobbys, yes I know its an unpopular choice but each to their own.
    That is one of the most important questions to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMonkeyxDoW View Post
    Any concerns how this isnt Ghost recon are just plain stupid,
    Don't belittle the valid feeling alot of Ghost Recon fans have about Future Soldier. Doing so makes you look stupid, saying as there are countless posts by people making this point. So many that they had to post a Q&A about it. I get that you love the game, but alot of us don't.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SOLDIER View Post
    Wish the developers would've answered our questions relating to dedicated servers and the lag issue, had a serious case of it last night when my opponent turned into a bullet sponge while I turned into a pile of blood and guts from ONE burst of his gun. Also, wish they would've commented at least on the Alternate Spawn points/Spawn Camping, I'm not sure if they saw the feedback some posted but it does feel like when an entire team is spawn camping is the only time deployment switches and that's total bull. Other than that, thank you for tweaking my Engineer so he's not completely useless now and can hold his own in a firefight. Melee needs some serious tweaking as it works only 33% of the time if not less (unless you're a scout in which case that number jumps to over 70% success rate).

Let me see if I can answer some of these questions as I've asked them myself and then stepped back and looked at MY questions from both sides of the fence.

1) The complexity of network issues is far beyond 90% of the player base here. So if they were to explain it...so what? What would that do to you? Absolutely nothing. Because you have NO control over their servers so what do you think you'll do? The most important issue is your connection and the path your connection takes to their servers. Do we control the network outside of our dwellings? Absolutely not! You can have your house lined with fiber cable and boast you have the highest download/upload from you to your provider....but guess what...the path AFTER you/provider is in the hands of who manages that network in between. For all we know it could be "Peggy" in frozen tundra of Siberia or something. lol

Bottom line to #1...you're worrying about something we have no control over, and mostly neither does the developers.

2) Last night WAS HORRIBLE! Not only were the game freeze's every 3 of 4 for me, but then the reboot, the sponging, etc... so you were not the only one. Some friends and I joked that they needed more time in the beta to analyze their servers lol So there's no use in coming on here to complain, you can use your energy else where bud (i.e. playing around in gunsmith and figure that out to work...I haven't)

3) Spawn points/camping. This has been and always will be an issue when you play respawn. Which is why I really, REALLY don't care for respawn. If you have a solid group of guys, you will never get spawn camped, period. But I do agree that the time it takes to provide the alternate spawn point is too long. The alternate spawn point is predicable and is meant for only being trapped, NOT for another spawn point. It would be abused if it was such. If you know where the alternate spawn points were on the map you'd understand. But on Pipeline the alt spawn point for ghost is not an alternate at all, it's weird to see because you're left scratching your head as to who thought THAT would be a good alternate spot. I could be wrong, but they're all pre-set and do not alternate within the alternate spawns (make sense?).

4) Engineer's were fine even before the tweak, you just need to learn the weapons and mod them to your liking. I really didn't like the feel of the weapons so ranking my engineers was a chore I felt. But I have a couple friends who are just beasts with them and couldn't be happier they're on my side.

5) The melee doesn't need tweaking, the melee detection needs work. I can seriously be right behind the guy, tapping the heck out of my square ****on for him to turn around and put my nose through my brain. Talk about frustrating. :| I melee now when I know I've got a clean shot on him or when I'm in a "OH S%$T moment and there's 2-3 in front of me. I die, but I don't go alone.

Bottom line is if people are going to come on here and flame and complain and *laughs* makes threats of not buying the game...then take the dang time to put together an intelligent sitrep on what it is you don't agree with. I promise you, if you can provide the 5 W's to your example it'll get looked at far more than these forum rants I see from others.

I see we are beating around the bush again and i fail to see why the BIGGEST Issue (as posting in countless thread and polls) by the community was not asked or answered?

So let me asd the question everyone wanst to really know to the developers in this QA, since this question was convieniently left out, even though everyone on the board is talking about them!

What is your response to the countless requests and polls for customizing private rooms, allowing the option to turn off/on equipment?

thank you
    "There are three things you can trust a person with: Your Money, your wife or your life. Trust in any one is a friend. Two out of three is a best friend. Three for three is a real find and a true Comrade in Arms"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldthunder View Post
    I see we are beating around the bush again and i fail to see why the BIGGEST Issue (as posting in countless thread and polls) by the community was not asked or answered?

So let me aks the question everyone wanst to really know to the developers in this QA, since this question was conviently left out, even though everyone on the board is talking about them!

What is your response to the countless requests and polls for customizing private rooms, allowing the option to turn off/on equipment?

thank you
    Coldthunder...it was left out because it's already been answered on the forums after day 1 or something. Just take some time and read over the posts, you'll see there are 10 main topics and yet 1,000.000 posts because people think by asking the same question over but in a different way thinking that it'll get a response.

As of right now, the answer is NO to customization of private rooms in detail.

Which is why you see 8,000,000 posts of people saying they're not buying the game now...lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast